Hutchback

Where's the FFG Genesys Live-stream?

WOTC just reported another year of 30% growth for D&D, again crediting live-streaming for the game's renewed popularity. I'm amazed how few other RPG publishers have delved into the world of Twitch and live-streaming. The production costs seem minuscule compared to traditional marketing and surely they could pull a couple of employees together for a regular game. Seems like a real missed opportunity. 

I would love to see this more. I'd love to see the community do this more. The lack of YouTube videos of sessions got to me. It was disappointing. D&D is all over YouTube but only a few content creators focus on FFG RPGs at all let alone Genesys.

I know we can't all get Critical Role, but something is better than nothing.

To be fair, Genesys is very much a fledgling system, and not at all FFGs flagship product. That being said, I agree it seems like a really good marketing strategy, and I'm sort of surprised that more companies aren't adopting it.

Maybe FFG just doesn't want to be seen as jumping on WoTCs bandwagon, or maybe they just have too many buns in the oven to give any one of them that much attention.

Sam Witwer and some other actors and voice actors in LA have been doing a Star Wars Roleplaying campaign on Freddie Prinze Jr's twitch channel. It's not officially organized by FFG or Lucasfilm, but the production values and general vibe remind me a lot of early Critical Role. It features a number of voice actors from the Star Wars Rebels TV series. Not technically Genesys, but the same core system and really gives you an idea of what the dice do well.

Edited by sfRattan