Andreievitch

Shadowrun - Paul M N Haakonsen

I am surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned yet?   

A wonderfully produced Shadowrun conversion.  Hats off to Paul Haakonsen!   I can't see this online anywhere other than Christopher West's link on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GenesysRPG/permalink/255122858538369/

This is publisher quality and looks like an amazing conversion.  I am dying to play it!

1 hour ago, Noahjam325 said:

It gives me an error message whenever I try to access it.

Are you on the Genesys Facebook group?  Maybe its related to that?   There is a direct download link there that Christopher West added.   I am not sure where the original sits though.  Mu Google Fu brings up nothing.  I can't even track down the create to pass on my kudos! 

There is two Facebook Sites for Genesys, There is Genesys Universal Role playing Game and Genesys Role-playing game which Join Both of them and you will have access to whatever gets done, He has another surprise coming soon...

Possibly copy the URL link from Facebook here instead of the Link to Facebook that has the link? It takes me to the Group Join page. Perhaps I will join, but I really just want to see the Shadowrun Conversion. 

Because I also found it problematic to only access it through Facebook, here's a more direct link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZugRlhH_V_rkSuyCrEnpO3kuOGIBzDDa/view?usp=drivesdk

That should be correct.

It's crazy how in-depth this PDF is. I think my only critique after reading through some of it is the choice of just using the 1 knowledge skill. If I run this I would probably add more.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:52 AM, Noahjam325 said:

Because I also found it problematic to only access it through Facebook, here's a more direct link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZugRlhH_V_rkSuyCrEnpO3kuOGIBzDDa/view?usp=drivesdk

That should be correct.

It's crazy how in-depth this PDF is. I think my only critique after reading through some of it is the choice of just using the 1 knowledge skill. If I run this I would probably add more.

As I have been communicating with Paul since I downloaded this pdf from the Facebook page. You can add whatever you want as Paul Created this Pdf

for a starting point for Shadowrun and any of his other pdfs hr has created which is 3 others one dealing with Zombies, another is a Lovecraft setting and his pride and Joy as he is in his 2nd edition is a Fallout adaption and he is working on another setting book and looks great for the parts I have read so far which is a Modern to Sci-fi setting and other things don't want to ruin the fun for you. I am only helping on Feedback since it is all his stuff. Will be highly recommended once it hits the the internet...

On 1/9/2019 at 2:35 PM, gilbur said:

As I have been communicating with Paul since I downloaded this pdf from the Facebook page. You can add whatever you want as Paul Created this Pdf

Am I missing something, or is how Technomancers interact with the Matrix missing completely?  

Do you have contact details for Paul?  I would love to ask him this and a coupe of other questions.

2 hours ago, Andreievitch said:

Am I missing something, or is how Technomancers interact with the Matrix missing completely?  

Do you have contact details for Paul?  I would love to ask him this and a coupe of other questions.

When Paul converted his Shadowrun, his players never played those classes and so would allow you to do your own creation as a couple of us are working on the Physical Adept, I have done the original Adept powers converted over for Shadowrun  and here is the Adept as a starting class, we introduce a new Skill called Ki for the Adept. So the Physical Adept is Ki, Discipline, Charm, and Brawl with the other 4 being the players get to select or if it is a Secondary class would not be allowed to pick the other 4. We are into 4 skills that are given then allow the other 4 to be selected as this allows you to open up for characters to have other classes to buy into. Paul can be reached over on the Facebook page as well. The one for quick response would be the "Genesys Universal RPG System since there is 2 different pages for the Genesys role-playing Game. We do have a creative Messenger conversation going on and we talk quite a bit

I will let you know he is leaving it up to others to continue his work, he is big into the Fallout setting that he converted over, so whatever you continue to create he will be happy to hear what you have done and he will add changes as we all continue on with his work..

Adept powers.pdf

I fear creating Technomancers myself might be a bit hard given the time I have.  I was hoping to use them for a one shot I am running.  

I am converting Forgotten, the Order 66 module by @GM Chris, to Shadowrun.  I was hoping to have the Dorn character be Technomancer, but might him a Decker instead. 

So my thoughts for a Technomancer are as below.  I am going to try and make it as simple as possible to convert ASAP.

Skill:   Technomancer - allows player to access the Matrix without the need for a Deck.  Acts pretty much the same as the Arcana magic skill.

Spells:  I am going to add a Spell descriptor to each of the Matrix Actions.  For example: Access system will be a Utility spell, Data Spike an Attack Spell etc.  The player then  uses the Technomancer skill for these actions just as a Decker would use Computer.

What do you think?

sounds pretty good, if you put together something, i will show Paul as he usually doesn't frequent this forum like i do. you can start with what you have planned and could modify as you go. i am actually getting ready to put together a shadowrun game myself and going to possibly work on the other meta sapients this weekend and maybe even expand on the adept powers from the magic book...