kogtim

When will Empire and Rebels get another all new ship

2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

As far as I know, the idea that wave 3 is going to be CW era stuff is pure supposition on the fan’s part, based (I think) on a comment that we would get “more information about the CW era stuff” in November. 

Interesting. I hope I didn't sound too negative, I just wanted to express that I'd really like to see the original factions still get new stuff, and for the re-releases not take too long (I have too many memories of Warhammer factions being passed over for multiple editions).

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Somebody referenced someone as having been a tad more specific at some point, and at least heavily implying it will be released as wave 3. I don’t think it would make much sense to wait longer than that for the massive influx of income it’s sure to bring them.

Depends on how much development was still needed. Remember, when they announced it at GenCon it was widely speculated that they were announcing it earlier than they intended because of the new season of Clone Wars that had been announced by LFL a week earlier. It’s conceivable that the “more information in November” was referring to when they originally planned  to announce CW era stuff and what we’re going to get in a few weeks is a big announcement article. 

Or not, and we’ll be playing with CW ships by Christmas. Who knows. 

20 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

They have to be?  I don't see any other method for FFG to get the ships out for 2nd edition.  

They should just release them like they did with reprints. That is just my opinion. And if they really want to make the part of waves they should make bigger waves.

No one is helped with mini-releases like the First Order (1 single ship in a wave of a now non existant faction... at least Resistance got a new ship).

Or when the prequel stuff comes out, the should make sure that people that will fly that factions have CHOICES. And not just 2 different ships per faction.

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

I think I'd rather see new pilots for existing original faction ships than new ships for those factions.

Very good point.  I love the fact that many lists feature more ships and fewer upgrades so far.  I hope the designers can continue to find new and creative pilot abilities (and price them appropriately) so we have some real variety within a given ship type.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:40 PM, EVIL INC said:

Re-releases of the 1st ed ships should not be part of any waves but just done all at once as being the right thing to do since it is only repackaging.

What about any new cards?

On 10/29/2018 at 1:44 PM, EVIL INC said:

This would be especially easy to do with the scum, villians and other such groups as in the fluff, they arent above "kitbashing" ships out of spae parts and scraps. 

Unfortunately, Scum are probably the faction least in need of more ship sources, as they have three eras from which to draw.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:47 PM, kogtim said:

Do the other factions need to "catch up" in terms of the number of ships? Maybe the newer factions will be given less than the 14-20 ships in the existing and just more options in the form of titles, configurations, and unique pilots. The T-70 having 9 unique pilots may suggest that is where the Resistance faction is going

Technically, Empire and Rebel only have two ships each currently released.  (Three with Saw's Rebels and the Reaper)

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

I think I'd rather see new pilots for existing original faction ships than new ships for those factions.

Give us Runt and Ooryl!

Edited by JJ48

Did they rescupt the 1st edition ships or are they the same ones? So the new ones come with cards and tokens and such that arent available in the conversion kit?Because if they are the same sculpts and the stuff that comes with them is available in the conversion kits, they are just repackaged. At worst, all of the released at once as a single wave to get them out of the way to get to new stuff.

4 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

Did they rescupt the 1st edition ships or are they the same ones? So the new ones come with cards and tokens and such that arent available in the conversion kit?Because if they are the same sculpts and the stuff that comes with them is available in the conversion kits, they are just repackaged. At worst, all of the released at once as a single wave to get them out of the way to get to new stuff.

Many ships will be getting more pilots and quite probably resculpts or new paint jobs.

That would be great. I'm new to THIS game but I've been playing similar games since the mid 80s. I have seen new editions come and go of many games and it always involves  repackaging. Working in a rubbermaid factory, I have helped such repackaging of items and know that it is not really that hard a process. 

Resculpts and new paint jobs would be a good thing. I would say fast releases of the repackages would be number 1 priotity for EVERYTHING, followed by repaints and cards and then resculpts. Thats usually the most economical and best for playtesting.

3 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

When a first edition ship gets released in second edition, it will come with pilots (and likely upgrades) that were not in the conversion kits.  Supposed to be a way to buy the new cardboard without buying the ship.  No concrete details yet.

They also said they wanted to make sure every faction could access relevant upgrades without buying out of faction.  This might be one reason to stretch out the rereleases, as otherwise they may introduce a useful card in a Republic release with no more Imperial or Rebel releases to put it in.  By stretching out the rereleases, they have products they can put those cards into.

10 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

That would be great. I'm new to THIS game but I've been playing similar games since the mid 80s. I have seen new editions come and go of many games and it always involves  repackaging. Working in a rubbermaid factory, I have helped such repackaging of items and know that it is not really that hard a process. 

Resculpts and new paint jobs would be a good thing. I would say fast releases of the repackages would be number 1 priotity for EVERYTHING, followed by repaints and cards and then resculpts. Thats usually the most economical and best for playtesting.

All of the re-released ships so far have featured either a resculpt to add moving parts (X-Wing, Fang Fighter), an improved sculpt (Y-Wing) or a new paint job (U-Wing, Firespray, TIE/ln and TIE/ad).

The thing is...even if Resistance, First Order, Republic, and CIS didn't need a lot of ships to catch up, which is reason enough to hold off on new Rebel & Empire ships, the fact remains there's not much left interesting to add to either faction.  Both in terms of lore as well as new gameplay abilities to make the ships seem different from all the other ones those factions have already.

2 hours ago, markcsoul said:

The thing is...even if Resistance, First Order, Republic, and CIS didn't need a lot of ships to catch up, which is reason enough to hold off on new Rebel & Empire ships, the fact remains there's not much left interesting to add to either faction.  Both in terms of lore as well as new gameplay abilities to make the ships seem different from all the other ones those factions have already.

Suncrusher?