kogtim

When will Empire and Rebels get another all new ship

1 minute ago, Animewarsdude said:

I know about the other Resistance Transport, I'm the one who first revealed it in these forums. It is so much better looking than the Resistance transport we see in the films but it might not show up unless it is used elsewhere. I'll go ahead and throw an image of the ship below for those who don't know it. If they were to of added those other older ships I think they would have been in the Resistance conversion kit. The Fireball is an easy tie into the new show and can already be slotted out with 4 pilots and be treated similar to how the Phantom has been for the Rebels. 

Image result for Resistance Intersystem Transport ShipImage result for Resistance Intersystem Transport Ship

I mean the Clone Z-95 is similar in size to the ARC-170. ARCs being 13 meters long and 20 meters wide while the Clone Z-95 is 17 meters long and 18 meters wide. I highly suspect it will end up on a medium base. 

huh, interesting. I mean it is curious to see a single seater being larger than a dual seater especially with the single seater that has more of an interceptor role as it has no hyperdrive and has to be launched from carriers or as a base garrison. We all know when it comes to canonical dimensions, often times numbers are pulled out of thin air. I expect even the clone wars Z-95 to be smaller than the ARC since 1 pilot < 1 pilot + 1 gunner + 1 astromech + hyperdrive. After all Disney has been known to simply change the canon if it doesn't fit with their story.

It'll be a while, I think, but there's still stuff to see come out for it.

Not much, though. Those two factions have about reached their end for the feasible future. There is so much more that's far more important to develop.

I highly doubt the 2 original factions will get new ships any time soon. They have plenty of opportunities in the re-release expacks and whatever form they choose to distribute the 'cardboard only' packs they spoke of to add additional pilots and upgrades to those factions. I imagine they will also want to flesh out the newer factions more frequently in the early stages to try and catch them up to the rebels and empires ship count.

4 hours ago, Marinealver said:

huh, interesting. I mean it is curious to see a single seater being larger than a dual seater especially with the single seater that has more of an interceptor role as it has no hyperdrive and has to be launched from carriers or as a base garrison. We all know when it comes to canonical dimensions, often times numbers are pulled out of thin air. I expect even the clone wars Z-95 to be smaller than the ARC since 1 pilot < 1 pilot + 1 gunner + 1 astromech + hyperdrive. After all Disney has been known to simply change the canon if it doesn't fit with their story.

Related image

z95.png

The Clone Z95s were considerably larger than the commercial version we already have in the game. That being said they serve the same purpose, and mechanically they make sense as a small base.

12 hours ago, Marinealver said:

but the clone wars Z-95s predate disney's acquisition.

Your pitchwork's gotta' be getting dull at this point.

Also TCW changed SO much "Canon" that it's downright offensive... But I guess we forgot about all those times, eh?

I'm excited for all the Republic and CIS ships because it's Xwing stuff I won't be buying.  The $40 $30 conversion kits and $20 Awings have me gun shy on even converting over my Resistance stuff.  FO gonna have to really, really sell me on something before it gets converted.

(Edit: $30 is significantly easier to justify for me.  Somehow thought they were $10 more.  Looks like FO is getting converted)

I'm still waiting to see how the cardboard only expacs are going to be priced.

What new ships do Rebel players really want?  Empire?

Epic conversion kits soon please!  If they can streamline and improve epic, I'll be a happy guy.  

Edited by gamblertuba

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Also TCW changed SO much "Canon" that it's downright offensive... But I guess we forgot about all those times, eh?

No we didn't forget. I'm just saying that dimensions in fiction are a little more flexible than some people insist on. 

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

What new ships do Rebel players really want?  Empire?

Epic conversion kits soon please!  If they can streamline and improve epic, I'll be a happy guy.  

Rebels could get some unique pilots (Leia and Shara Bei) when FFG releases the Republic N-1 Naboo Starfighter.

Empire should eventually get the TIE Brute (and hopefully the Elite TIE Defender as the new "ace" Defender).

But what will really shine (besides the obvious Prequels stuff) will be the new ships for Resistance and FO from the Resistance show:

• X-Wing T-85
  • Fireball (and other "racing" ships - hopefully together in a box with a racing mini-game)
  • Red FO TIE Interceptor
  • Scum Pirate ships

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Still not happy with how they changed the R-Series naming scheme from being the R-series and then two digits rather than just 4 random digits. 

48 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Scum Pirate ships

I'm not sure if we will get the Pirate ships since they are all uglies and are built out of different ship bits. 

14 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm not sure if we will get the Pirate ships since they are all uglies and are built out of different ship bits. 

Still, the basic frame looks to be the same (for the Pirate fighters).

14 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Still, the basic frame looks to be the same (for the Pirate fighters).

There were a few different ones at the least, with I think the most common being this one, which I saw like two of. I think there would be more ships that could be added to Scum from the PT and OT before they would need to add something like this. 

resistance-db-triple-dark-concept-art-3_bdeb6727.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1440

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Rebels could get some unique pilots (Leia and Shara Bei) when FFG releases the Republic N-1 Naboo Starfighter.

Empire should eventually get the TIE Brute (and hopefully the Elite TIE Defender as the new "ace" Defender).

But what will really shine (besides the obvious Prequels stuff) will be the new ships for Resistance and FO from the Resistance show:

• X-Wing T-85
  • Fireball (and other "racing" ships - hopefully together in a box with a racing mini-game)
  • Red FO TIE Interceptor
  • Scum Pirate ships

If that is the only way to get a Leia pilot...  nope sorry.  Not even then.

TIE Brute makes sense but I don't see any reason for a new Defender mini.

It's kinda nice that Resistance and FO are getting some new ships, Republic and CIS have decades of material.  The original three factions can live on re-releases for a while.

3 hours ago, beardxofxdeath said:

I also second that RE-RELEASES should be NOT part of the waves!

They have to be?  I don't see any other method for FFG to get the ships out for 2nd edition.  

26 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

If that is the only way to get a Leia pilot...  nope sorry.  Not even then.

I'd be fine with her being added by the N1, but I also hope FFG adds her as a pilot for the Falcon since I'm pretty sure she was the one flying it when they picked up Luke on Bespin. 

4 hours ago, beardxofxdeath said:

I also second that RE-RELEASES should be NOT part of the waves!

The problem with this is that FFG isn’t viewing them as re-releases. They’re pitching the game to new people, they’re remodeling/painting everything, and adding new pilots/cards to many of them. That doesn’t really scream re-release, especially from a business standpoint.

Edited by SpiderMana
...one too many hyphens...

37 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'd be fine with her being added by the N1, but I also hope FFG adds her as a pilot for the Falcon since I'm pretty sure she was the one flying it when they picked up Luke on Bespin. 

She also flew the Falcon for awhile during ESB when the TIEs were giving chase.  Chewbacca and Han had gone back to work on repairs, and it's not until they start to approach the edge of the asteroid field that Han and Chewie give up on the repairs and run back to the cockpit.

21 hours ago, CaptainIxidor said:

The only thing I can think of with a decent chance of release right now is the TIE Brute. There's definitely plenty of worthwhile options in Legends for the GE but I don't think Rebels has as many likely options. Most of the things I can think of for Rebels seem less than likely (N-1, YT-2000, etc).

For Empire we also have movie-canon Zeta Class Cargo Shuttle, albeit, there is probably no good game-play role for this model, so rather unlikely.

That is one of the advantages of second edition for FFG, it frees them from the pressure to find meaningful models for Empire and Alliance to release, as they can just re-release. Especially for Alliance FFG already was scratching hard the bottom of the barrel.

4 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

There were a few different ones at the least, with I think the most common being this one, which I saw like two of. I think there would be more ships that could be added to Scum from the PT and OT before they would need to add something like this. 

resistance-db-triple-dark-concept-art-3_bdeb6727.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1440

Why is it the villain factions that get ships that look like they can actually hit what they're aiming at instead of wiffing 1/2 to 3/4 of their shots? This thing is rat rod sexy. Stripped out RZ-1 melded with a TIE/IN panel. Looks like they may have swapped out the J-77s for a pair of engines off of a Z-95-AF and supplemented those with a pair of escape pod thrusters. Might not match a RZ-1 or RZ-2 in a sprint but it'll sure as **** give an opponent headaches.

4 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

, but I also hope FFG adds her as a pilot for the Falcon since I'm pretty sure she was the one flying it when they picked up Luke on Bespin. 

“We’ve got to go back” .... ”Chewie, just do it”

”Chewie, slow down and get under him, Lando, go open the top hatch”

This is still something I wish we had a better idea about for Second Edition.

Early on there were statements about them wanting to get through the re-releases fairly quickly, but if Wave 2 is mostly Sequel Factions, and Wave 3 is mostly Prequel Factions, then it doesn't look like it's going to be any faster than the original releases, or at least not much faster.

Without knowing that schedule, whether or not the original factions will get anything new is even harder to say. Though, to be fair, they could end up like the Mining Guild TIE. It's not like Scum is way behind on ships at this point, and they still have plenty to re-release as well.

The Conversion Kits are great if you have a lot of old ships (though not too much), but less so if you didn't already. A lot of First Edition ships are already getting difficult to track down, in my experience. Also, with the game being even more faction-focused with the splitting factions, it would feel weird to just abandon certain factions when it comes to actually new releases, regardless of how many ships they have.

14 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

but if Wave 2 is mostly Sequel Factions, and Wave 3 is mostly Prequel Factions,

As far as I know, the idea that wave 3 is going to be CW era stuff is pure supposition on the fan’s part, based (I think) on a comment that we would get “more information about the CW era stuff” in November. 

2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

As far as I know, the idea that wave 3 is going to be CW era stuff is pure supposition on the fan’s part, based (I think) on a comment that we would get “more information about the CW era stuff” in November. 

Somebody referenced someone as having been a tad more specific at some point, and at least heavily implying it will be released as wave 3. I don’t think it would make much sense to wait longer than that for the massive influx of income it’s sure to bring them.