BCooper85

Was anyone at Nordics at the weekend?

4 hours ago, VIlle Nieminen said:

Yeah, I was there. 6-0 in swiss and lost in semis to the eventual winner of the tournament. Andreas, your list is mean :D

Great people, great flying, and great amounts of Carlsberg.

You were the Finn in the orange t-shirt?

The Carlsberg was drunk in honor of the Danish players! ?

I was there as well, might even have played you in the 2nd game?
My list was Super Luke (X-Wing), Sabine (Attack Shuttle), Blount (Z95) and Jan Ors with title and Jyn Erso (HWK)

I surely met the exact same list anyway... :) 

Hands down the best tournament I've been to with a tight organization, lunch/snacks/drinks available at the venue and a very nice building!

2 minutes ago, FixingKitty said:

I was there as well, might even have played you in the 2nd game?
 My list was Super Luke (X-Wing), Sabine (Attack Shuttle), Blount (Z95) and Jan Ors with title and Jyn Erso (HWK)

I surely met the exact same list anyway... :) 

Hands down the best tournament I've been to with a tight organization, lunch/snacks/drinks available at the venue and a very nice building!

I'm sure I played vs a list like that...

Having a eatery with food/snack/beer literally next to your table was super convenient!

20 hours ago, Green Knight said:

That was the list that beat me.

And it was knocked out immediately by the 17th place from the cut that got in after I dropped. Vengeance! :P

ah, ok. i still think of Guri as 6 ;)  , so Fenn/Guri/Old Teroch 6/5/5 with 193 total list points. 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

On 10/30/2018 at 4:06 AM, Green Knight said:

I flew this:

Nordics 2018 R3 (200)
Wedge Antilles — T-65 X-Wing 52
Proton Torpedoes 9
R3 Astromech 3
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 64

Luke Skywalker — T-65 X-Wing 62
Instinctive Aim 2
Proton Torpedoes 9
Servomotor S-foils 0
Ship Total: 73

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 Starfighter 55
Intimidation 3
“Zeb” Orrelios 1
Veteran Tail Gunner 4
Ship Total: 63

Wrote a little about my experiences on my (mostly) Armada blog: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/10/nordics-2018-after-action-report-part-1.html

You must be a fanastic player. And a brilliant list design too IMO. Any of those 3 would be desirable in the late game with strong early game as well. 

I am recently returned to the game and I'm thinking of picking up an ARC-170 so your list has inspired me. Now my question is, what if any changes would you make to the list and/or particularly to Norra, and if points were not an issue what would be your preferred build for the ARC?

Oh and do you think instinctive aim would have been better as heightened perception instead? (superior swarm tactics)

Thanks

Edited by Carnor Rex

17 minutes ago, Carnor Rex said:

You must be a fanastic player. And a brilliant list design too IMO. Any of those 3 would be desirable in the late game with strong early game as well. 

I am recently returned to the game and I'm thinking of picking up an ARC-170 so your list has inspired me. Now my question is, what if any changes would you make to the list and/or particularly to Norra, and if points were not an issue what would be your preferred build for the ARC?

Oh and do you think instinctive aim would have been better as heightened perception instead? (superior swarm tactics)

Thanks

I would have liked to have a torp on Norra as well, which is possible if u strip away most of the other upgrades. R3, IA, Vet Tail Gunner. That's 9 points. U even have room to keep Zeb, although he might get you into trouble. But for me he's worked fine. I also got quite a few front and back shots, so the tail gunner was nice. As were IA and R3 too, so I dunno which is better.

31 minutes ago, Carnor Rex said:

You didn't miss EH or maybe something for more actions like maybe yvarro? I haven't used zeb/intimidate yet but I can see this being very potent in good hands with the rear arc and norras ability. 

Funny you should mention that. I've be toying with the U-wing and specifically Yarro lol

It's also quite good. Just different strengths.

Which version is better depends on how you fly it - and what matchups u get.

I don't think there is a definitive answer.

I also don't think it's like a really awesome list. It's a good, effective list, that is also relatively easy to fly.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:30 AM, Hugeman said:

Gunrunner nerfers take note - not a gunnrunner in sight of the top spots - 9th the best placed list with one in it.

And grand total of 4 lists with gunrunners in the top 50.

As i said in the appropriate thread. Ordnance Alphastrikes win vs Drea Swarms pretty handily. And Ordnance Alphastrikes are what make up 3/4 of these top 4.

They also made up 6/7 of the top 16 imperial lists, the last one being triple imperial aces afaik.

Edited by ForceM