Sign in to follow this  
Tyberius_Deangelo

Sister Mary

I have been wondering for a while now if FFG ever creates Sister Mary for the LCG, what do you think her Deckbuilding Options and Requirements will be?  I liked playing her in the 2E board game because of blessed but I don't know how to translate her board game version into the card game would work.  Do you all have any suggestions?

Mystic 0-5, Blessed 0-3 or Guardian 0-2 or Mystic 0, guardian 1-5. Maybe No spells 0-5/ 1-5? Neutral 0-5 of course.

Edited by Veve7

On 10/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, Veve7 said:

Mystic 0-5, Blessed 0-3 or Guardian 0-2 or Mystic 0, guardian 1-5. Maybe No spells 0-5/ 1-5? Neutral 0-5 of course.

I honestly think I would see her as a Neutral, or maybe survivor/seeker. I would take a page out of Marie's book.

Blessed cards level 0-5, Survivor cards level 0-3, Neutral cards level 0-5, Charm cards level 0, up to five other level 0 Seeker and/or Guardian cards.

After all, the only mystic cards I think that are fitting are Holy Rosary and St. Hubert's Key (both charms). Other Arkham Files games do not really set Mary up to be a caster character. In fact, she often has pretty low lore while sporting a very high willpower (here willpower resist sanity loss while ALSO casting spells, so it's an odd fit).

I could also arguably see her with Seeker 0-3, and up to 5 other survivor/guardian cards.

23 minutes ago, Soakman said:

I honestly think I would see her as a Neutral, or maybe survivor/seeker. I would take a page out of Marie's book.

Blessed cards level 0-5, Survivor cards level 0-3, Neutral cards level 0-5, Charm cards level 0, up to five other level 0 Seeker and/or Guardian cards.

After all, the only mystic cards I think that are fitting are Holy Rosary and St. Hubert's Key (both charms). Other Arkham Files games do not really set Mary up to be a caster character. In fact, she often has pretty low lore while sporting a very high willpower (here willpower resist sanity loss while ALSO casting spells, so it's an odd fit).

I could also arguably see her with Seeker 0-3, and up to 5 other survivor/guardian cards.

That's an interesting spread and I like it, though I think it would be better (and more consistent) to bump it up to "up to 15 level 0-1 Seeker and/or Guardian cards", so it more directly mirrors Carolyn Fern.

Edit: Having said that, it's worth mentioning that "level 0-3 Survivor" is currently no worse than "level 0-5 Survivor"

Edited by Allonym

My thoughts exactly about the survivor restrictions. I was sticking a little closer to the formula for Marie simply because Marie also has 2 keyword related sets of cards, whereas Carolyn only has 1 (by function) and a restriction against weapons. Right now (at least with the card pool available), I think the larger survivor pool might be needed for her deck seeing as how there aren't a ton of Blessed or Charm cards currently.

Anyway, the bottom line being that I feel Sister Mary is more in line with survivor/seeker types. It would be fun to kit her out with forwarned, guidance, seeking answers, perseverance, etc etc. 

I doubt that she is not going to be able to use spells however simply because there would be very little reason to bring a rosary (which is too thematic) without being able to use spells. I suppose she could be gifted with some sort of will related investigator abilities however to make it worth while.  It's all speculation; but I just personally would like to see them steer clear of another 'church' mystic. I would like to see her have an identity outside of following in Mateo's footsteps.

Edited by Soakman