Boom Owl

Top 5 Tips To Defeat Boba Fett. Click Here To Find Out More!

FIRSPRAY-31.PNG

Top 5 Tips To Defeat Boba Fett

1. Tractor Tokens 
  2. Multiple ships with 3 attack dice base
  3. Crackshot 
  4. Better Boba Lists
  5. Stress Control
  6. Range Control to attack from beyond Range 1 over multiple turns
  7. Destroy all the things, get half pts on Boba, run to time. 
  8. Stay in his blind spot
  9. Don't Follow The Kite

tumblr_nttzi5m8LS1s02vreo1_400.gif

Edited by Boom Owl

If you have Juke, make sure that you shoot first, thus pulling mileage both ways out of your tokens (and perhaps jumping his Han gunner gun). If there is a weak link in the list, such as L3 or a tugboat, go after it, thereby following the 11 year principle of KILL THE MEDIC FIRST. If you use Sloan, jump in his face with your strikers, as the 4 dice focus is probably going to punch in damage past the 2 greens auto-evaded. Don't worry about losing a ship, as yes, Boba has passive mods and sometimes a calculate pass from a brobot, but he does not like losing his boost action or getting locked out of a k turn from contraband cybernetics. Also, Fenn Rau and Wedge pose very nasty threats to him if leveraged properly, although that is tricky.

Edit: I just came back from further experimenting with Saturation Salvo and barrage rockets (which are really good on Rhymer as he can thus fiddle with your dice at range 1-3 with a 3 dice shot). Staggered formation meant that either he was getting blocked, disengaging, or going slow to engage at r1 of the attempted blocker. He forgot to run the math and hoped to bank on the reroll by going slow against the attempting blocker. Well, medium base is not hard to bullseye for offensive rerolls, bombers can live past a 3 die primary without spending a focus, and it turns out that Boba is unhappy with people rerolling his dice for him, lol. 

Edited by player3010587

3 hours ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

But...there's nine things. Am I only supposed to pay attention to the top five? ?

Y'know, the funny thing about Boba Fett is that he still dies pretty quick when you shoot at him. You just have to shoot at him. 

Kinda found that hard, the bugger kept flying away at full speed and boosting meaning it was very difficult to catch him in an advantageous spot.

I found I was either behind him so he was getting those rear re-rolls and range 3 greens or he was smashing into everybody at range 1, getting a load of bonus re-rolls and han gunner + percp copilot giving him focuses.

Absolute nightmare to deal with.

3 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

... and exactly what are good boba wingmen.... 

4-LOM — G-1A Starfighter 49
Elusive 3
0-0-0 3
Ship Total: 55

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 Light Freighter 38
Moldy Crow 12
Ship Total: 50

(Just sayin. A few points left to season according to personal taste...)

2 hours ago, william1134 said:

Kinda found that hard, the bugger kept flying away at full speed and boosting meaning it was very difficult to catch him in an advantageous spot.

I found I was either behind him so he was getting those rear re-rolls and range 3 greens or he was smashing into everybody at range 1, getting a load of bonus re-rolls and han gunner + percp copilot giving him focuses.

Absolute nightmare to deal with.

LOL - I was being facetious. Sort of.

I haven't faced Boba Fett in 2.0 yet, but I faced him a few times in 1.0 and he went down pretty quickly each time, though there was the Boba Fett/Lancer list that was making the rounds for a while. Now he has boost, which is AWESOME, so he has more tactical flexibility. I personally love that he's so viable now. Really, all of the Firesprays are viable now. I'm calling it now: Azameen in his Andrasta is going to be the next big THISMUSTBENERFED thing. It's an amazing combination - makes Punishers look like lightweights.

If you play Scums, Torkil Mux can do the trick. If Boba engage only at initiative 0, everyone shoot at him before he can get his focus token(s) from Han Solo Gunner and he's much easier too hit. 

5 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

And also "Number Four Will Shock You!"

And also, this should obviously be #1:

2ANgbg.gif

Force Pike + Han Solo is WAAAAY undercosted. I expect a *huge* price increase soon. That combo should cost at least 2/3 of your entire list.

Boba doesn't even have a chance aganst it. 

1 hour ago, Scopes said:

Force Pike + Han Solo is WAAAAY undercosted. I expect a *huge* price increase soon. That combo should cost at least 2/3 of your entire list.

Boba doesn't even have a chance aganst it. 

No way man.  He has to take an automatic Blinded Pilot crit just to make an attack with the force pike.  Everyone knows you have to engage Force Pike Han at range.  Obviously that player thought he could count on Boba’s range one rerolls, which was where he made his mistake.

Edited by Phelan Boots

7 hours ago, Elkerlyc said:
4-LOM — G-1A Starfighter 49
Elusive 3
0-0-0 3
Ship Total: 55

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 Light Freighter 38
Moldy Crow 12
Ship Total: 50

(Just sayin. A few points left to season according to personal taste...)

I almost made that exact list. Except with the perks on Palob instead. Is 4-Lom that good? 

2 hours ago, Phelan Boots said:

No way man.  He has to take an automatic Blinded Pilot crit just to make an attack with the force pike.  Everyone knows you have to engage Force Pike Han at range.  Obviously that player thought he could count on Boba’s range one rerolls, which was where he made his mistake.

Never trust the green dice! :)