Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Lovin that T-85!

7 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Hoping it ends up being the 2-ship "TIE Defender" of the Resistance. 

Just plain good at everything. 

All we need is a couple of decent pilots, but I'm very doubtful we'll get a Poe pilot or another I6. 

Kaz from the show would probably be a pilot. Poe on this ship, all stats depending, has the potential to be INSANE. His cost would be crazy.

Could also be a medium base so it would be really different to the T-70, if it had a medium base it would also be the first medium base Resistance Ship.

Although I would love a New Republic faction.

Also, the model and paint looks awesome.

Edited by RedLeader23

1 hour ago, RedLeader23 said:

Although I would love a New Republic faction.

Please, no! Especially since they got 15 sec screen time in the prime movies, out of which we can only get New Republic Asteroids™ and New Republic Debris Fields™ Expansion Packs...

On a more serious note, this won't happen simply because both of these factions would thematically be opossing the same faction - the Third Reic... The First Order I mean - leading to utter mess in releasing steady stream of expansions for everyone involved. 

Looking at the size of the astromechs in relation to both the size of the T-85 and the sizes of the T-65 and T-70 Mel has to at a minimum be **** close to the right scale. Kind of fits my supposition that this'll be the Resistance simile for the TIE Defender. Expect them to be nasty in a fight and hard to kill.

The scale was done by measuring the cockpit and the R2 unit in the show (You can even see it in the video if you just look at the cockpits).

I was indecisive as if I should fake it and make it smaller to fit the previous X-Wings but I figured that since it has 4 extra turbines in the back it made sense for it to be bigger.

The miniature itself is a great quality and sculpt, but I feel like im seeing a bootleg SW design. Like one of those cheap toys that's clearly meant to be an X-wing but called Superior Space fightorz!

11 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Do these make it fit any better for you?

7SdPPjF.pngRyQA3EH.png8R6zalf.pngvQgJbhP.png

Not really, I think it is the original design itself. Feels like somebody took an X-wing kit and just added parts just to make it different enough, ad a fin here and there. And those skinny wings from the side :/. But this is not a critique of the mini, that looks just as it should via the art.

Edited by Dwing

18 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

I don't understand the square cutouts in the wings but other than that I love it. I wonder if the Mon Cala had some impressions on the design, and that could explain where the more rounded bits and/or fins come from.

There actually aren't square cutouts. ECHenry made sharp 90 degree ones instead of the 45 degree angle cutouts we've seen in Resistance.

For... Some very odd reason.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

There actually aren't square cutouts. ECHenry made sharp 90 degree ones instead of the 45 degree angle cutouts we've seen in Resistance.

For... Some very odd reason.

Fair enough but they still seem pretty odd even at 45 degrees. I believe ECHenry changed them as a stylistic choice, as ships in Rebels and TCW that we've seen elsewhere have some stylistic changes, and the same has been assumed for Resistance.

8 hours ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Fair enough but they still seem pretty odd even at 45 degrees. I believe ECHenry changed them as a stylistic choice, as ships in Rebels and TCW that we've seen elsewhere have some stylistic changes, and the same has been assumed for Resistance.

It's a change for the worse imo.

1 hour ago, EVIL INC said:

So...are these official additions to the game?

Looks nice it it is.

Sadly no. These are from Mel's Miniatures on Shapeways and are based off their appearance from the first episode of Star Wars: Resistance. But I will be all over the official release of the T-85 if/when that happens.

13 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

Those stubby laser cannons and fins near the nose really kill it for me, I think I'd prefer if the E-Wing had replaced the X like it did in the EU (the k can stay out of canon tho)

Those "Stubby" laser cannons are a bit larger than the ones on a T-65 or T-70. The T-85 is a big fighter, Kimogila size... Like with real world ASFs, they got bigger as time went on.

9 hours ago, Stealthcmc1974 said:

ilbNN1Z.jpg

7NcD8kI.jpg

@Captain Lackwit's paintjob for the T-85. I know it says Red-3 in English but honestly I'm so happy with how the rest of the job turned out I don't even care. (Paint job thanks to Model Magician on Etsy).

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COOL!