Jump to content
Ken at Sunrise

New point and upgrade list - What changed

Recommended Posts

I didn't notice anything on any of the three factions or generic.

File names are still the same onlinepoints_[title]3.pdf, so maybe they updated the website, but didn't attach the correct files.  I know there've been times when FAQ pdf files didn't get properly updated immediately.

Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I didn't notice anything on any of the three factions or generic.

File names are still the same onlinepoints_[title]3.pdf, so maybe they updated the website, but didn't attach the correct files.  I know there've been times when FAQ pdf files didn't get properly updated immediately.

Who knows.

I think you're right, my phone checked to make sure I wanted to download them again. So the files probably havn't changed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Whisper is good, but she is by no means overpowered.  No need for a price hike.

Whisper, Collision Detector, Juke, and Vader crew are at the very least going to get a real hard look.  A very hard look.  My hope is they just lose the crew slot.  The phantom is not a crew carrier.  Maybe someday they will release a gunner that affects primary arc attacks and the phantom can get a gunner slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gamblertuba said:

Whisper, Collision Detector, Juke, and Vader crew are at the very least going to get a real hard look.  A very hard look.  My hope is they just lose the crew slot.  The phantom is not a crew carrier.  Maybe someday they will release a gunner that affects primary arc attacks and the phantom can get a gunner slot.

The Empire doesn't need to lose a crew carrier, we already have the fewest options available to us.  The Phantom is finally playable again and people are already demanding nerfs.  They're hardly OP and they certainly aren't a NPE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Whisper, Collision Detector, Juke, and Vader crew are at the very least going to get a real hard look.  A very hard look.  My hope is they just lose the crew slot.  The phantom is not a crew carrier.  Maybe someday they will release a gunner that affects primary arc attacks and the phantom can get a gunner slot.

Collision Detector? I can’t say I’ve noticed that get played much, and I don’t find it to be underpriced at all.

The rest I’ve seen get played plenty, but not really had a problem with it. Whisper didn’t last long range 1 of Double-Tap Dutch and Wullffwarro ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpiderMana said:

Collision Detector? I can’t say I’ve noticed that get played much, and I don’t find it to be underpriced at all.

The rest I’ve seen get played plenty, but not really had a problem with it. Whisper didn’t last long range 1 of Double-Tap Dutch and Wullffwarro ;)

Just wait.  It'll catch on.  Try it on Echo and see how you like it.  Being able to ignore rocks on your decloaks is amazing.

7 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The Empire doesn't need to lose a crew carrier, we already have the fewest options available to us.  The Phantom is finally playable again and people are already demanding nerfs.  They're hardly OP and they certainly aren't a NPE.

The Empire does lack options for small-based crew carriers and gameplay>>fluff I guess but it's odd that a gunner/co-pilot can become Darth Vader or Admiral Sloan.  The TIE Phantom was probably a poor choice to ever bring to the game because it's mechanics are going to be very, very difficult to get perfect.  And if it's not perfect the ship is either garbage or just erases lower PS lists.

I could be wrong but I expect Whisper (and don't sleep on Echo) will be hugely disruptive in the meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The Empire doesn't need to lose a crew carrier, we already have the fewest options available to us.  The Phantom is finally playable again and people are already demanding nerfs.  They're hardly OP and they certainly aren't a NPE.

 

While the Empire doesn't need to lose a crew carrier, the Phantom should not be it.  Makes no real sense mechanically or fluffwise and the ship is perfectly playable or outright good without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

The Empire does lack options for small-based crew carriers and gameplay>>fluff

 

8 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Makes no real sense mechanically or fluffwise

 

Not sure why you guys are claiming the crew option doesn’t fit fluff-wise, since in the fluff it DOES have a second crew. 

If anything, the gameplay beats fluff argument could be used to explain it NOT getting a crew slot. 

 

 

Note, I make no comment on whether it should or shouldn’t, or whether it’s undercosted for the game, just that the background does make it a 2 person fighter. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

 

 

Not sure why you guys are claiming the crew option doesn’t fit fluff-wise, since in the fluff it DOES have a second crew. 

If anything, the gameplay beats fluff argument could be used to explain it NOT getting a crew slot. 

 

 

Note, I make no comment on whether it should or shouldn’t, or whether it’s undercosted for the game, just that the background does make it a 2 person fighter. 

 

Having a 2 man crew =/= to crew slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Just wait.  It'll catch on.  Try it on Echo and see how you like it.  Being able to ignore rocks on your decloaks is amazing.

I don’t fly Empire much, and don’t have access to half of the faction including Phantoms. I believe you that it’s good for them, though. I love throwing it on any ship I can, just to make you a little less predictable.

(Also, first game vs Whisper in 2.0 they landed on a rock and couldn’t shoot first engagement heh. So I can see your logic for sure.)

Edited by SpiderMana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

If the phantom doesn't deserve a crew slot then the hawk sure as **** doesn't either, as that is just a two seater recon craft.  The phantom has a more spacious cabin too.

 

If the HWK gets a gunner, sure.  I still have no idea why it doesn't have one.  Doesn't change the fact that a 2 man ship that requires both people to operate shouldn't have a crew both from a fluff and game balance standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the update notes for the app

  • Added recurring charge icon to stats
  • Addressed layout issue related to ship costs getting cut off
  • Addressed issue in card database search that showed italic tags
  • Fix for color on linked actions icon
  • Minor bug fixes and stability improvements

That's all there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Whisper, Collision Detector, Juke, and Vader crew are at the very least going to get a real hard look.  A very hard look.  My hope is they just lose the crew slot.  The phantom is not a crew carrier.  Maybe someday they will release a gunner that affects primary arc attacks and the phantom can get a gunner slot.

 

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

The Empire doesn't need to lose a crew carrier, we already have the fewest options available to us.  The Phantom is finally playable again and people are already demanding nerfs.  They're hardly OP and they certainly aren't a NPE.

I noticed Sloan on Whisper right away as potentially very strong (and with that much stress bordering OP), when the cards were spoiled. There are just so many possibilities for lists right now, and real life keeps intervening, so I have not yet had the time to fly her self (she is on radar for next club night and I have a list with her).

This is one of these cases though, where FFG now with the app has the opportunity instead of removing a whole slot, and thus damaging the ship in question's overall playability (or costing Sloane into oblivion), just to disallow Admital Sloane on a Phantom, IF the combo proves to be a problem. Same could be done with others (e.g. Han Gunner on Boba (theme as well) or other pilots with source of independent bump resistent rerolls)).

 

Edit spelling

Edited by Managarmr
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ken at Sunrise said:

I see new points and upgrade lists dated 10/26.  What changed?

Probably only the rounding rule: because the app rounds half points up, it seems to have been easier for them to change the actual rules of the game to match the app.

You may now continue arguing about the Phantom, if you wish. Personally, I think Han gunner and the scum falcon are the biggest point mistakes at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...