3 minutes ago, Lord of the Seal said:

Greetings from the Sands, Evil-Smelling Brother-in-Law of a Camel!

Just a question: Is stealth a part of the Fitness or Skulduggery skill ?

Stealth is a possible subskill of Fitness but the Skulk ninjutsu technique use Skulduggery.

Any thoughts ?

See you in the Sands.

From what I could gather with a cursory read (I'm not GMing THIS time and I'm not Shinobi'ing, so the one thing I care about stealth right now is how to BREAK it), it's both: Fitness lets you move undetected, whereas skulduggery is to settle down undetected. You'd use Skulduggery to lay in wait for an ambush, and Fitness to move up to a target and shank them in the back.

Skulduggery apparently also lets you disappear while being observed (amid a crowd, for instance).

Edited by JBento

16 hours ago, Lord of the Seal said:

Greetings from the Sands, Evil-Smelling Brother-in-Law of a Camel!

Just a question: Is stealth a part of the Fitness or Skulduggery skill ?

Stealth is a possible subskill of Fitness but the Skulk ninjutsu technique use Skulduggery.

Any thoughts ?

See you in the Sands.

Hmm, yes.

More seriously, I'd say that it depends on where you are and what you're doing.  If you're being an honourable samurai and scouting the enemy army, for example, it's Fitness.  If you're being a dishonourable Shinobi and stealing into someone's townhouse, that would be skulduggery.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Hmm, yes.

More seriously, I'd say that it depends on where you are and what you're doing.  If you're being an honourable samurai and scouting the enemy army, for example, it's Fitness.  If you're being a dishonourable Shinobi and stealing into someone's townhouse, that would be skulduggery.

This. It's very much situation and tactic specific outside any specific nailed-to-a-given-skill-or-ring technique.

'Stealth' - at its base level of 'not having a guard yell "Look, over there! Shall we kill him?" and run at you' can fall under three banners:

• Not being seen
    • If you're doing archetypical ninja stuff, this is fitness - with a ring depending on exactly what you're trying to achieve:
      • Weaving through trees or washing lines without rustling them - probably water
      • Leaping from rooftop to rooftop across 'impossible' gaps over people's heads - probably fire
      • Clambering around quietly with feather-light footsteps - probably Air
      • Remaining utterly, unmoving still in the shadows - probably void
  • Not being noticed
    • Planning a nefarious way in and out is definitely skulduggery (although I could see using survival in a wilderness if you were trying to evade or avoid trackers)
  • Doing something subtly
    • Don't forget that an air opportunity spent whilst doing something is spent to 'do that whilst not attracting attention'; if your primary goal is to make the jump, or to persuade the guard to let you into the town, or whatever, the check you make is to achieve that, with air opportunities spent to ensure no-one notices you did it.