Da_Brown_Bomber

What are you hoping to see FFG release in the future?

12 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

hmm, faction cards could actually be a good way to create both restrictions and benefits for certain ships. Maybe Black Sun or the Hutt's need to be fleshed out a bit for scum :)

Faction Cards = ?

I like the idea of fleshing out the 2 major Cartels a bit more since, to me, they're treated more as the 5th fiddle in background of the faction that the Mandalorians and Free-Agents/Unaligned groups (IE pirates) are layered in front of with the bulk of the focus. This is actually a bit disturbing to me since the Black Sun and Hutt Cartels are both massive organizations and the Mandalorians make up maybe 1/5th at best of the in Universe representation of the faction. I don't mean screen time, I mean physical presence. Sort of like the Empire having all their upgrades centered on boosting the Emperor's Royal Guard... We need more tricks like tweaked primary loadouts (adding ion, tractor, or jam effects, or temporarily overcharging the damage output, for a price in gameplay effects), bypassing restrictions on what goes into a slot (swapping out what is used in a secondary slot, with a points and usage risk cost), overcharged drives (charge based SLAM with a chance to do something nasty to the ship it is on), and Dumping primary and or secondary damage output for a risky reinforce as examples. We don't have anything close to that and are more a bit of neutered Imp ruthless synergy meets neutered Rebel sharing with some Mando focused flavor upgrades added in... And Cik… Can't forget Cik.

Scum would be the biggest group to gain from the idea of faction cards. A lot of the pilots already have the Syndicate name on the pilot cards so why not make a generic title for each one giving them a boost if you have multiple of them or if they are a wingman to a unique pilot from that syndicate. The best example of this I can give right now is Kath Scarletts ability: While you perform a primary attack, if there is at least 1 friendly non-limited ship at range 0 of the defender, roll 1 additional attack die. Now if you modify this just a little bit and call it something like Binarye Pirate Gang and give it an ability like: If a friendly ship within range 0-1 of you with the Binarye Pirate Gang title has a target lock on the defender, you may reroll one blank result. This would separate part of Scum faction into its own little sub-faction and make list building become more thematic.

2 hours ago, Snaves146 said:

Scum would be the biggest group to gain from the idea of faction cards. A lot of the pilots already have the Syndicate name on the pilot cards so why not make a generic title for each one giving them a boost if you have multiple of them or if they are a wingman to a unique pilot from that syndicate. The best example of this I can give right now is Kath Scarletts ability: While you perform a primary attack, if there is at least 1 friendly non-limited ship at range 0 of the defender, roll 1 additional attack die. Now if you modify this just a little bit and call it something like Binarye Pirate Gang and give it an ability like: If a friendly ship within range 0-1 of you with the Binarye Pirate Gang title has a target lock on the defender, you may reroll one blank result. This would separate part of Scum faction into its own little sub-faction and make list building become more thematic.

Am I the only one seeing this easily becoming a pain to balance and likely end up being a major limiting factor on list building? As in it looks like it could very easily become "mandatory" to run a specific sub-faction to have any chance at playing an enjoyable game if this is implemented. No thanks...

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Am I the only one seeing this easily becoming a pain to balance and likely end up being a major limiting factor on list building? As in it looks like it could very easily become "mandatory" to run a specific sub-faction to have any chance at playing an enjoyable game if this is implemented. No thanks...

It would not be a mandatory thing, Armada does a title just like it for certain ships letting them suffer damage for other ships and abilities like that. FFG is already planning on putting limits anz restrictions on cards you can take to certain events so enjoyability of the game is gonna be effected in the future, this could make those times better than what they will be.

14 hours ago, TheHumanHydra said:

These would be sweet. I also want Corran Horn in an X-wing.

Yes he certainly should be in a X-wing. Wedge in a E-Wing would also be interesting. 

Edited by Tyhar7

On 10/28/2018 at 3:03 AM, Kehl_Aecea said:

YT-2000 for scum and Rebels. Otana title adds a 2 primary arc and ion cannon. I'd also have it toss in the Sabra title for the YT-1300 for scum and rebels along with the Azzameen family pilots for it. MAYBE throw in an "Ace" X-Wing pilot card for good measure?

Ark Angel would be neat... a nightmare to store, but cool to have.

Down the road, once all the ships from 1e have been re-released, eventually I'd like them to revisit earlier released ships. Not exactly an "aces pack", but more like, for example, call it "X-Wing Expansion II" with a blue squadron scheme or even a Phoenix Squadron scheme and include pilots that weren't originally released for whatever reason or new pilots that may have been made canon since the original release. Or skip the ship and JUST include the pilot cards for the ship.

I would definitively like to get YT-2000 for Scum and Rebels (Mostly Rebels because Ace was flying for the Rebel Alliance almost all the game) with titles (Sabra and Selu) for the YT-1300 and Azzameen family pilots for it. Don't forget "Em-Kay" as a pilot for the YT-2000 and crew card.

15 minutes ago, Wrecker01 said:

I would definitively like to get YT-2000 for Scum and Rebels (Mostly Rebels because Ace was flying for the Rebel Alliance almost all the game) with titles (Sabra and Selu) for the YT-1300 and Azzameen family pilots for it. Don't forget "Em-Kay" as a pilot for the YT-2000 and crew card.

I feel like part of the Otana, Selu, and Sabra titles or Azzameen family pilots should be to allow Emon with the Andrasta title to fly on your list. I'm trying to think of some decent uses for the Sabra and Selu titles that doesn't mimic the Falcon's ability(ies). Both should only have a since mobile arc with a power of 2. I've been giving thought to the Otana title and I think a 2 primary arc and a baked in ion cannon.

10 minutes ago, TrueMandalorian said:

Is that your own print? Are the base plates custom? 

Mel's print at Tantive IV scale.  Made the bases myself out of acrylic rods, tubes and sheets.  Still need to finish painting it...