Sign in to follow this  
Silver_leader

Star Wars Resistance racing comptetition

That would be something I would ABSOLUTELY buy. I want a podracing board game too. I think that would be absolutely incredible. I have no idea how it would be possible, but maybe a ship building process where each pod can be kitted out with different tech to make it a better or a worse pod. Would love to see a Star Wars podracing game either on tabletop or as a video game

1 hour ago, ricoratso said:

That would be something I would ABSOLUTELY buy. I want a podracing board game too. I think that would be absolutely incredible. I have no idea how it would be possible, but maybe a ship building process where each pod can be kitted out with different tech to make it a better or a worse pod. Would love to see a Star Wars podracing game either on tabletop or as a video game

Pretty confident that it would just the upgrade cards like we have in XWTMG but the models wouldn't change. It would be fun if they did but I doubt they'd go that far.

5 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Pretty confident that it would just the upgrade cards like we have in XWTMG but the models wouldn't change. It would be fun if they did but I doubt they'd go that far.

Yeah that makes total sense, if it was a video game they could totally do interchangeable parts which would be great, but honestly having some really nice pod models would be a godsend

1 hour ago, ricoratso said:

Yeah that makes total sense, if it was a video game they could totally do interchangeable parts which would be great, but honestly having some really nice pod models would be a godsend

Maybe they will think of another game in the Star Wars Universe, with a maneuver system similar to X-wing with podracers.

If they do that, they will create something else. I would like to take my ships, and fly them in a race, but I don'T have the patience or the dedication to create those. I downloaded Mario Kart Wars.

7 hours ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Ubisoft is already doing it

3 hours ago, Cryix said:

Ubisoft is already doing it

These are really cool. They are generally a bit bigger than X-Wing scale, though, right? I think modular bits will be harder at the X-Wing scale, at least while maintaining the quality of the minis. There are some other board games which use a few modular bits like weapons that can be inserted into hands, but the miniatures are very simple. It would be really cool to see, though.

2 hours ago, CaptainIxidor said:

These are really cool. They are generally a bit bigger than X-Wing scale, though, right? I think modular bits will be harder at the X-Wing scale, at least while maintaining the quality of the minis. There are some other board games which use a few modular bits like weapons that can be inserted into hands, but the miniatures are very simple. It would be really cool to see, though.

Yeah much bigger scale than xwing but OP said side game so i think something like this exact concept where you build a pod racer and plug it into the controller to race in an actual game would CRUSH in sales. Could even build in cool stuff like swapping in parts mid race in order to repair damage or change the config if the track changes or temperature changes. 

9 hours ago, Cryix said:

Yeah much bigger scale than xwing but OP said side game so i think something like this exact concept where you build a pod racer and plug it into the controller to race in an actual game would CRUSH in sales. Could even build in cool stuff like swapping in parts mid race in order to repair damage or change the config if the track changes or temperature changes. 

Oh, if we're talking about video games that follow the style of Starlink, a pod-racer game would be awesome! I think they'd currently end up doing one based on Resistance if that were the case, as it has been a while since TPM, even if there is some nostalgia for it.