Sign in to follow this  
Miceldars

Sleeves

I have used other FFG sleeves (for boardgames) and was not impressed. Check out the Dragon Shields Clear Matte. Very good quality with a clear matte back. They also come in a box of 100 sleeves. 

The FFG sleeves are transparent on both sides and glossy.

The Dragon Shields I mentioned have one side matte which makes the stack no slide off and adds better grip in general. They fit the LorR LCG cards just fine. Just make sure you adhere to the cards' dimensions (63x88mm). This link also provides info on sleeves for this game in particular: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2911115#item2911115

This guy presents the Dragon Shields pretty well here although for another game: 

I my experience, non-matte sleeves shuffle a little better, but not enough to be noticeable. And more importantly, they're:

- more likely to slide over when stacked.

- harder to see under lighting.

Matte sleeves are easier to see the card, less likely to slide around, and using the "cut-and-mash" technique can be shuffle perfectly well.

However, that's just my opinion. I use Ultimate Guard Supreme (matte on both sides) for my LOTR cards, but I like the cards from Arcane Tinmen too - they do Dragon Shield, but I use their mini sleeves for Mansions of Madness.

Edited by icabod