Cubanboy

Happy Friday- What ship is surprising you in 2.0?

12 hours ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

Honestly, what's most surprising is how well I've done with 5 ships with no real upgrades. That's frankly shocking.

As am I surprised how any List with minimal upgrades can perform. Vader (FCS), Echo (Juke), Delta is very formidable if flown well. It’s my new favorite list and it literally has 2 upgrades.

I’m surprised by how little I’ve gotten to play so far.  I think I just hit six games, to include a three game tournament.  ?

As for ships, Scum Han’s Falcon was a surprise.  That thing can throw a fistful of dice in the right circumstances.  For a printed attack value of two, it’s pretty scary.

Ship: E-wing. I love a good dial. Paired with an R4 astromech = white speed 1 turn, blue speed 2 turn, speed 3 sloop, glorious.

Game: Folks flying ships with just one or two upgrades. Average squad size seems to have gone up by 1 from 2-4 ships up to 3-5 ships. Love it.  “3 snaps in Z formation”

19 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Esege, Garven, and Benthic?

Yes. Esege with Perceptive and Barrage Rockets, Garven with Perceptive and Tail Gunner, Benthic with Advanced Sensors, Perceptive Copilot, Jyn Erso, Pivot Wing. Advanced Sensors I think I could maybe do without but I find it easier to bump Benthic into one of the others in the early game, and it's also good with Pivot Wing and bumping enemies. The different firing arcs are fun to cover each other with, since you've got one with back and front 90 degree arcs, one with basically a 270 degree arc, and the other able to spin around like a madman.

EDIT: I'v also thought about dropping tail gunner for either Juke or Selfless on Garven. Juke is too unreliable in this list, though, and any of the individuals melt if focused on so I'm not sure how much Selfless will actually help, at least without shield regen, which I don't think I can afford.

Edited by CaptainIxidor

2 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

As am I surprised how any List with minimal upgrades can perform. Vader (FCS), Echo (Juke), Delta is very formidable if flown well. It’s my new favorite list and it literally has 2 upgrades.

Mine is Soontir Fel, 2 Sabers and 2 Scimitars with barrage rockets. That's it. I've been having a blast. It's bonkers. I don't care if I win or lose initiative either - it works no matter what. It's versatile and fun to fly. I call it my Sword Attack Group (Sabers and Scimitars). I'm clever like that. ?

Edited by Bad Idea Comics

3 minutes ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

Mine is Soontir Fel, 2 Sabers and 2 Scimitars with barrage rockets. That's it. I've been having a blast. It's bonkers. I don't care if I win or lose initiative either - it works no matter what. It's versatile and fun to fly.

Yeah initiative wise my list isn’t really dependent on it either. Have Vader at a 6 unless I see Wedge I’m usually in a really good spot, and a Defender in my opinion doesn’t really care. It fun, and allows for decision making issues easier. As for Vader he still has options he can link into a BR, he can just use a force to do two, the only thing I really miss is his boost and that can be worked around. 

3 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Yeah initiative wise my list isn’t really dependent on it either. Have Vader at a 6 unless I see Wedge I’m usually in a really good spot, and a Defender in my opinion doesn’t really care. It fun, and allows for decision making issues easier. As for Vader he still has options he can link into a BR, he can just use a force to do two, the only thing I really miss is his boost and that can be worked around. 

I have a Reb list I haven't played yet that you'd hate. Wedge and 3 Red Squad Vets, all with Swarm Tactics. That's 4 ships shooting at In6. Again, minimalist, but I think it will be highly effective. It's even themed (I've been having loads of fun with themed lists that are actually viable now) - it's my Endor Red Squadron.

6 hours ago, Oldpara said:

Despite popular opinion I found M3a and Khirax quite viable in certain circumstances. I enjoy flying Quinn Jast and Talonbane Cobra recently. 

been doing Talonbane with all the mods (hull,shield,afterburners) and/or cloacking device only. how have you been running him? 

1 hour ago, polmoneys said:

been doing Talonbane with all the mods (hull,shield,afterburners) and/or cloacking device only. how have you been running him? 

I run him almost naked only with Predator, as he's part of the 5 ships squad. If there's lot of targets - and some of them are easier to kill yet equally dangerous - he has opportunity to shine. 

Lambda.

You can fly them without palp, and Sai is goood.

I'm also loving the phantoms, my favourite ship used to be the defender(Overall it's actually Tie s/f, but talking imperial), now the phantom came to join it. Echo actually works and whisper is a beauty.

I've only played three 2.0 games so far, so I haven't observed that much yet.

I will say the tie defender is the one of the biggest surprises to me. They took one of the best ships from 1.0 and made it better in almost every way.

Luckily they increased the price so you can't take 3 anymore. But you can still take 2 and a decent 3rd ship.  I wouldn't be surprised or opposed to them raising the price a bit more though.

Starvipers have been the most surprising ship to me so far.  They were so terrible in first edition now they feel right and the bank barrel roll can make you look like a better player. 

I also love the variety in talents.  It used to just be veteran instincts, push the limit, expertise, and juke, and then the free ones.  Now there are more choices.  

On 10/27/2018 at 1:58 PM, polmoneys said:

Interesting! I fly m3 and Kihraxz as well (right now with 4Lom though).

Quinn with ammo or recovrable talent, or both tends to be expensive, as Scyks can die fast)? Are the rest Z95? 

44 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Interesting! I fly m3 and Kihraxz as well (right now with 4Lom though).

Quinn with ammo or recovrable talent, or both tends to be expensive, as Scyks can die fast)? Are the rest Z95? 

current iteration :

Palob Godalhi (38)
Hull Upgrade (5)
Moldy Crow (12)

Talonbane Cobra (50)
Cloaking Device (5)

Boba Fett (80)
Seismic Charges (3)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (4)

Total: 200

like in v1 I mostly fly 3 ships list, usually imperial.