Cubanboy

Happy Friday- What ship is surprising you in 2.0?

I love my Squints, but that's not surprising. The G-1 popped up on a table and THAT was surprising. He stressed the snot out of Fel every chance he could, until I blew him up with the rest of my list.

Honestly, what's most surprising is how well I've done with 5 ships with no real upgrades. That's frankly shocking.

Edited by Bad Idea Comics

So far I've been most surprised by the bang per buck on the Interceptor chassis overall. Gone are the days of only being able to reasonably field a super-stacked Soontir. Now Soontir, Turr, and generic squints with a single EPT or naked feel like they can frequently squeeze out enough value to match their points cost. I'm not unhappy if they hit the poor side of variance on a defense roll given their damage output, blocking, and maneuverability. And that's been a very satisfying feeling!

On a similar note, the named TIE/ln pilots have been fantastic for mini-swarming for me so far in 2E. A block of Inferno Squad with Howl to taste makes for solid jousting early, and is made of components that stand well on their own when the game breaks down over time! Marksmanship Seyn and Crack Hask have been great in the lategame for me, and having two defensive pieces in Iden and Del to back up Howl has been excellent.

I haven't been this pleased to fly a bunch of green dice and no shields in a long time!

Edited by ManWearingHat

Happy Friday CB!

Pleasantly surprised?  StarVipers.  I mean, we all knew they would get better.  We already knew they were good fun.  But they are SO MUCH FUN!  I can't stop flying them.  I keep making lists trying to feature and try out other ships, and keep coming back to how much more I would prefer to drop some 'Vipers.

Unpleasantly surprised?  Khiraxz and M3-A.  Still so very, very meh.  They never quite feel like they contribute what I paid for them.  It makes me sad.

Happy Friday CB!  

Adding onto the U-Wing.  That 90 degree rotate is soooooooo much better!  I've also just enjoyed more dice variance.  Feels more like epic battles with heroes and stormtroopers.  Sometimes you're the hero, sometimes you're the trooper.  Less mods is better!

And just this week I found the starviper… that ship is FUN!

TGIF, have a good weekend folks. 

Redline is I5, can double modify his own shots, maintain two locks, or reload without stress. He can boost or barrel roll without adjusting a configuration or giving up the lock action. The chassis can either launch bombs or take adv. sensors. He costs less at baseline than any non-generic X-wing. 

Sure, he needs ordnance, but so does that X-wing apparently. Even fully loaded, he usually easily comes in under the important 66 point line for only a third of your list. That is a shocking level of value. 

The Scalcon is probably literally the one and only semi-competitive large base ship. Gee, if only I could figure out why that is. 

Edited by RebelProfundity

I'm having fun just flying a few TIE bombers around. I'm also flying 4-ship lists where I stuck to 3-ship lists like glue in 1.0. 

It's nice to not feel like I need to jam as many upgrades on a ship as possible. In 2.0, I feel like making a larger team of ships is the better option. That's probably why I don't see too many 2-ship lists out there.

I feel like some things were kind of known.  TIE Phantoms.  The new Moldy Crow.

But the Lambda shuttle surprised me.  Rear arc and white coordinate go a long way.  A plain shuttle has felt a lot more relevant to me.

A list I had a lot of fun with towards the end of 1e was Yorr with Palpatine, and two Sienar Jaemus Analysts with Advanced Sensors, Advanced Optics and Autothrusters.  Nimble ships with pre-move actions and a strong statline.  This has become an Omicron, Palp, and two Delta Defenders.  The option for pre or post move coordinates is really sweet.

I haven't even gotten into Sai yet, and I know she's also good.

I knew from pre-release proxying that a single upgrade redline was amazing (fun fact, I only put him in casual lists with the likes of aggressors because of the salt, plus I want any of my ships to have a good chance closing). But man, is Deathrain an amazing control piece with options! Loved him in 1.0 and considering flying him at a 2.0 tourney!

No true turrets+ damage in general reduced + PS collapse + lower action economy in general= punishers that can arc dodge and live longer than 1.0 counterparts all without lwf!

I expected the HWK to become better, but I was still surprised. Packs quite the punch, easy to double mod, and Palob still godlike

The escape craft also has surpassed by expectations. Thought it's not viable with its dial, but it brings so much value for the squadron

Edited by flooze
Happy Friday

27 minutes ago, HelHound said:

Maybe not one single ship for me, but more overall how much I’m enjoying the new medium base size. I can’t wait for the T-70 and am a little sad they didn’t spoil my fav 1.0 pilot Ello Asty. 

Ooo good call. I’ve always liked my ARCs, but the Medium in particular surprised me with how much I like it. Heavily contributes to everyone living U’s, I’m sure.

Also nice profile pic ?

29 minutes ago, HelHound said:

Maybe not one single ship for me, but more overall how much I’m enjoying the new medium base size.

So much this. And not just even the most-lauded ones like Boba and Redline, but I'm enjoying the heck out of flying any medium base ship. One of my favorite lists to fly is a janky focus bros K-Wing, U-Wing, and ARC-170 list.

1 hour ago, CaptainIxidor said:

So much this. And not just even the most-lauded ones like Boba and Redline, but I'm enjoying the heck out of flying any medium base ship. One of my favorite lists to fly is a janky focus bros K-Wing, U-Wing, and ARC-170 list.

Esege, Garven, and Benthic?

13 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

Can you please give more informations ? I trying with them and have mixed feeling.

I've been running them with instinctive aim, FCS, and concussion missiles. I think that concussion missiles are being underrated by people, you get three charges and if they're shooting after your two other ships they can royally destroy a lot of ships.

37 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Oh so terrible, so painfully expensively terrible. Why does it call to me like an abusive mistress hahaha

Hear me out on this one, but have you tried Kanan/Biggs yet? I saw his ability as a bonus and used the force to fuel Heightened Perception double taps. I’ve only put one game in with it but i was pleasantly surprised (both by how it performed and how fun it was). I definitely don’t think it’s top tier, but it’s probably only a points adjustment and some upgrades away. 

Edit: I should mention AP-5 in the sheathipede is the real star of the list and is awesome both docked and strategically undocked. 

Edited by WAC47

B-wings so far. It’s my favorite rebel ship and I wanted it so much to be viable in 1.0 and wasn’t really after a few waves. Now though. The dial is good, ten is amazing and his ability is pretty good. The focus to barrel roll to stress himself and then get a chance to lose that stress? Pretty **** good in this edition. Slap elusive on there and you get another chance to roll an eyeball result. And hard 1 turns????