Cubanboy

Happy Friday- What ship is surprising you in 2.0?

The G-1. It was one of my favorites in 1.0 but wasn't considered "viable"; in 2.0 I've been seeing it on lots of tables.

Another surprise; the A-wing. It doesn't seem to be working for me, and I'm not seeing them often. Kind of disappointing they don't seem to have a niche, but hopefully that's just temporary.

Consistently the best thread on this forum. 

The A-Wing surprises me. 

Any time I have run Jake Farrell or 6 I1s it has performed significantly better than I expected. 

Turns out there fantastic blockers and homing missiles & prockets are very very very very very very good and anyone who disagrees with me is very very very very very wrong. 

Edited by Boom Owl
*There not that great.

TIE Phantoms.

I was flying four generics in 1.0 for a lark, just to see who flinched. I did pretty well.

I recognized that they would be different in 2.0. Not bad, just different.

Every time I think I’ve hit the limit in how much that list pulls me through mistakes, I discover that I’m still wrong.

They are so much fun and so powerful.

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

TIE Phantoms.

I was flying four generics in 1.0 for a lark, just to see who flinched. I did pretty well. I recognized that they would be different in 2.0. Not bad, just different. Every time I think I’ve hit the limit in how much that list pulls me through mistakes, I discover that I’m still wrong. They are so much fun and so powerful.

I came here to specifically say “Echo” but you’re right Phantoms are nice. I prefer Echo due to her declaring ability to use the 2 bank, instead of the 2 straight I feel it allows for even more positional flexibility more so than the later option. Echo is equally slippery and squishy but very fun.

Ah, Friday, means we get yet another excellent Cubanboy thread! Yay! 

Lots of good answers here, I love U-Wings and Phantoms now, and I need to try A-Wings. 

I have been very surprised by the Lambda Shuttle. 

The lowly space cow feels completely different with a rear arc and the coordinate action. The same old bad dial actually feels pretty good now. 

And Sai is nuts. 

Happy Friday ! :)

Maarek Stele for me ! For 54 pts I have a ship who give several crits. And doing 1Strait is beautiful !

3 hours ago, DarkArk said:

Generic Inquisitors. I've done pretty **** well with a pair of them so far, complimenting two other ships. 

Can you please give more informations ? I trying with them and have mixed feeling.

For Rebels:
U-Wings are fantastic! I've been using Cassian along with Keevan Tenza with Debris Gambit. Coordinating a focus onto her has been making her deadly and durable. Also, X-Wings in general! I've just started flying them without astromechs and I now realize how R5s and R2s are kinda like training wheels, but that aside, after trying to make the T-65 viable prior to wave 14, having them be SO **** EFFECTIVE is just so nice.

Imperials:
TIE Interceptors. Just who thought these things would be so **** good!? 

I JUST got my Scum conversion kit and Lando's Falcon, so I can't really comment on this yet >_>

Generic E-Wings - with an R3 Astromech and Fire Control System they offer some very consistent offensive output and are pretty tanky with six health and 3 green dice.  Both the Knave and Rogue Squadron versions have merits, although I'm still settling on what Talent suits the Rogues best.

They feel a lot like flying the generic TIE Silencers in 1st Edition, which were basically my favourite ships ever. :) 

I agree with most, but for me its the B-wing, and by that their dial. My god is it good.
Yes I know there is a LOT of red on it, so not as much actions. But if your dial has every option to position yourself in a shooting position, screw actions. 

Plus, Ten Numb what a beast. All your options, all the time. I dont give him upgrades because if your opponent really wants him dead, he will die...but still bang for buck.

Scum Y-wings: Tanky and surprisingly good at control with ion turrets.

TIE Bombers/Punishers: Perhaps the biggest change from 1.0, two ships that were never, ever used unless you were either playing super fluffy or in Epic are now two of the top ships in the game.