LTuser

Alternatives to facebook for scheduling games?

I am on meet-up, which is where i got my current ADND 2e group from.  But i've had little to no luck even chatting about X-wing minis there.  Discord sounds like it, so i might give that a look-see.

2 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

There’s an app called GameFor that is specific for gaming and gamers. 

Gamefor is created by gamers specifically for meeting up for games. In my area it is still a little sparse but it is free and they have both an Android and iOS app.

http://iamgamefor.com/

Edited by NeonWolf
grammar

22 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

Many just get a Facebook account and only subscribe to the X-Wing stuff, many will use just their nickname too. That’s the easiest for local meetups.

This. I understand people not trusting FB now with their personal info, but you can totally make an account under a fake name and use it for your hobbies. Join the FLGS and x-wing groups and don't friend request anyone. FB super useful for event planning and easy enough to use anonymously. 

37 minutes ago, NervousSam said:

This. I understand people not trusting FB now with their personal info, but you can totally make an account under a fake name and use it for your hobbies. Join the FLGS and x-wing groups and don't friend request anyone. FB super useful for event planning and easy enough to use anonymously. 

It is actually extremly hard to use anonymously.

Even if you don't use facebook, they allready have a profile on you via all the like buttons across the web.
They can't do a lot with it, because they don't have your autorisation.

Once you create your "anonymous" account, you give them the right to use everything they allready know about you and collect more.

In the end, they may not have your real name, but they have everything else.

6 hours ago, NerroSama said:

It is actually extremly hard to use anonymously.

Even if you don't use facebook, they allready have a profile on you via all the like buttons across the web.
They can't do a lot with it, because they don't have your autorisation.

Once you create your "anonymous" account, you give them the right to use everything they allready know about you and collect more.

In the end, they may not have your real name, but they have everything else.

Which is why i refuse to join Farcebook.