Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

T-70 article.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

So what are we thinking about with regards to points?

>BB-8

Probably going to be somewhere around the 8pt mark. It's basically two shots of Supernatural Reflexes, but it doesn't recharge.

>Black-1 Title

Honestly not sure, it depends on how FFG rates Slamm. I'd say no more than 3pts. It's a gimmick item, like Boba Fett, it's not actually a competitive card, just a fun one. It might be more, depending on if you can use BB's ability in conjunction with the Slam. I can't recall if a Slamm works that way.

>Generic BB

4pts maybe? Since it only does half of what BB-8 does now, and this was BB-8's price and ability in 1.0?

>G8

He's back. Gonna be 6pts minimum for sure. 8 possibly given how good he was back in 1.0. Shove him back on Jess Pava, TL a friendly ace who want's to spend actions to reposition, or on enemy aces with innate dice rerolls and watch the salt fly. Loved that little guy.

 

Does it state in the rules that friendly ships can lock other friendly ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arc170Chris said:

9 uniques? holy crap that's a lot of options. This is by far the most pilots per ship so far in 2.0, right? 

I don't think was a ship with nine uniques in 1.0, was there? The T-65 might have had close to that, but I'm not 100% sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arc170Chris said:

9 uniques? holy crap that's a lot of options. This is by far the most pilots per ship so far in 2.0, right? 

Not even close. The X-Wing has 9 as well, and the TIE Fighter has 10!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stryker359 said:

I don't think was a ship with nine uniques in 1.0, was there? The T-65 might have had close to that, but I'm not 100% sure.

In 1.0? Well, if you include Wave 14, it probably had more than that since were still missing Wes, Hobbie and Tarn in 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mward1984 said:

In 1.0? Well, if you include Wave 14, it probably had more than that since were still missing Wes, Hobbie and Tarn in 2.0.

Oh yeah! I was out of the game by that point, so I didn't count it :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

So what are we thinking about with regards to points?

>BB-8

Probably going to be somewhere around the 8pt mark. It's basically two shots of Supernatural Reflexes, but it doesn't recharge.

>Black-1 Title

Honestly not sure, it depends on how FFG rates Slamm. I'd say no more than 3pts. It's a gimmick item, like Boba Fett, it's not actually a competitive card, just a fun one. It might be more, depending on if you can use BB's ability in conjunction with the Slam. I can't recall if a Slamm works that way.

>Generic BB

4pts maybe? Since it only does half of what BB-8 does now, and this was BB-8's price and ability in 1.0?

>G8

He's back. Gonna be 6pts minimum for sure. 8 possibly given how good he was back in 1.0. Shove him back on Jess Pava, TL a friendly ace who want's to spend actions to reposition, or on enemy aces with innate dice rerolls and watch the salt fly. Loved that little guy.

 

Looking at it briefly I think you can use BB-8 + Black One on Poe to boost, move, focus, SLAM then procket your target. Early game could be quite disruptive (although Poes then stressed and ioned).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

>Black-1 Title

Honestly not sure, it depends on how FFG rates Slamm. I'd say no more than 3pts. It's a gimmick item, like Boba Fett, it's not actually a competitive card, just a fun one. It might be more, depending on if you can use BB's ability in conjunction with the Slam. I can't recall if a Slamm works that way.

 

 

At around 3 points I can see this as a nasty way to swoop in and get a torpedo shot off with Poe. Or add Afterburners. 4 straight, Slam 4 straight, boost. Yeah. I'm over on this side of the board now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

 

At around 3 points I can see this as a nasty way to swoop in and get a torpedo shot off with Poe. Or add Afterburners. 4 straight, Slam 4 straight, boost. Yeah. I'm over on this side of the board now.

 

How far across the board does two 4 speed straights and a boost take you? Like, is ioning yourself likely to end with you tabling yourself next turn if you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoubleOdd said:

First and foremost, who else is anticipating buying the expansion and repainting the model?

Secondly, me still being new to the game, what do you see as the more commonly used T-70 build in the Meta?

Poe's probably gonna get used the most. If Jess is unchanged I'd imagine see her a lot as well, although a lot of her appeal was her relatively cheap point costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tam Palso said:

Looking at it briefly I think you can use BB-8 + Black One on Poe to boost, move, focus, SLAM then procket your target. Early game could be quite disruptive (although Poes then stressed and ioned).

Then use that other pilot to destress Poe so he can still focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB-8's trigger is "before you execute a blue maneuver", not "when you reveal a blue maneuver", so with Black One, it's possible to do a boost or barrel roll before the first maneuver, execute it, then choose to SLAM and do the other reposition action that you did not already do. Then go ahead and use Poe's ability for a focus or lock, because why not? That Poe action is treated as red and gains you a stress, which is cleared when you finally execute the 2nd blue maneuver.

Edited by Incard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these feel super underwhelming, or kinda on the ridiculous side (not knowing points).

Poe is crazy strong but at the same token why did they keep the stupid "lose a shield get an evade action" guy? It is so POINTLESS to get an evade AFTER you defended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Poe is crazy strong but at the same token why did they keep the stupid "lose a shield get an evade action" guy? It is so POINTLESS to get an evade AFTER you defended.

this ability was in 1.0 and with the help of a certain astromech an x-wing with this ability was able to use juke. another upside, it takes what is already a durable ship (7 HP total) and makes it harder to destroy under sustained fire. it's not incredible, but I'm sure this dude will get some play if he has a talent.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...