faceyfood

Advance Sensors and Linked Actions

40 minutes ago, RejjeN said:

Yes, because don't we all miss when ships could advance sensor, push the limit, then clear stress with it's maneuver? Wonderful and balanced! (not)

This is still possible with Coordinate and it is really good in v2 context...

As Push the Limit is no longer (not currently?) a thing I'm not sure how useful it is to explain why an effect works a given way. Advanced Sensors does often feel disappointing in that it prevents linked actions, not claiming it's underpowered or anything just disappointing sometimes. 

2 hours ago, muribundi said:

This is still possible with Coordinate and it is really good in v2 context...

It can work.  Personally, I don't think it's at all the same.

Sai can coordinate Soontir Fel a focus, and Soontir can boost or barrel roll, then clear that stress.  But a large part of the strength of Soontir is the fact that he's one of few ships which can boost and barrel roll in either order when he moves at Init 6.  I don't really want to give up my double-reposition.  But if I use it on my own action, then I'll be stressed going into next round, and I can't be coordinated.  This is a huge difference from how Kylo Ren or any other Push the Limit Silencers/E-Wings/etc functioned.  When this is all self-contained, there are so many fewer moving parts to worry about, and you can just make your actions as you want them.

To be clear, I think it'd probably be totally fair for a B-Wing to Focus and Barrel roll into a blue move.  But I think there are more extreme examples which can easily show up in the future which could be problems.  Generic TIE Silencers would be an issue, I think.  I loved Advanced Sensors PS 4 Silencers back in 1e, and giving them the current Autothrusters would have been very strong.

There is other ship then Sai and Interceptor ya know...

Doing Coordinate on a Redline to make it Barrel Roll outside of block then Lock and on his move remove the stress and do focus + another Lock to make sure you have a good target is kind of nice. Doing the same thing on Tie Advance V1 can also be cool.

Is it broken has was Silencer + Advance Sensor, no, but we are in V2, not in V1 where even this combo was not good enough to break tournament where you were PS 11 killed. PS 9 was far from a guaranteed arc dodge.

9 hours ago, muribundi said:

There is other ship then Sai and Interceptor ya know...

Doing Coordinate on a Redline to make it Barrel Roll outside of block then Lock and on his move remove the stress and do focus + another Lock to make sure you have a good target is kind of nice. Doing the same thing on Tie Advance V1 can also be cool.

Is it broken has was Silencer + Advance Sensor, no, but we are in V2, not in V1 where even this combo was not good enough to break tournament where you were PS 11 killed. PS 9 was far from a guaranteed arc dodge.

Oh i like that co-ordination on Redline! 

So Sai , Redline and someone else or two .... hmm ...