Duciris

Card Council

2 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

I know that it has not been that long, but has anyone been able to get much experience with the council ally?

Not yet.  She'll get added to my Norman Withers deck next weekend.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

So, what are these cards? I gather they are community-designed, but will they be published anywhere in any way`?

They will undergo playtesting to finetune them, then they will be released in some set.  Every Arkham Nights a group or two are randomly chosen to gather and design one or more cards as a committee.  BTW, I was on the one for the ally.

The cards from the Card Council 2017 should be in the Story Arc after Circle Undone, possibly Circle Undone - though Matt was doubtful on that, just to give you a time frame for how far out the game is being designed.

Edited by Somatose Boy

Interesting. For those who worked on creating those cards, what kind of prompts or seeds were you given? Was the plant-theme suggested? Might give us a clue about the next cycle. Ikiaq seems to be Inuit, as far as I can tell, was that something you came up with, or something given by the officials?

Edited by Eldan985

5 hours ago, Nohwear said:

They will undergo playtesting to finetune them, then they will be released in some set.  Every Arkham Nights a group or two are randomly chosen to gather and design one or more cards as a committee.  BTW, I was on the one for the ally.

So was I!

Really neat experience.

That's a really fantastic Ally card.

Is there any clue to how it will interact with the Doomed / Accursed Fate / The Bell Tolls weakness card chain?

While it's not explicitly stated, I'm assuming that you return the Weaknesses under Ikiaq to their owners when they blow up in your face, so it's possible for you take Doomed or Accursed Fate on your campaign log, and then if it comes up again you get the newly added weakness in your deck? Or possibly not at the weakness card you replace isn't in your deck to begin with so yo can't follow that instructon?

Obviously if it blows up with The Bell Tolls under it you'll be done for anyway.

Edited by Ersatz Nihilist

That makes sense, so how does it interact with Doomed?

Text below!

---

Revelation - Take 1 horror. In your Campaign Log, under your investigator's earned story assets/weaknesses, record that "doom approaches." If this was already recorded, remove Doomed from your deck, search the collection for Accursed Fate, and place it on the bottom of your deck.

---

So in the first instance of picking up "Doomed", no problem as I've just got to mark in my campaign log. What happens the second time? I don't have Doomed in my deck to remove. Do I just ignore that and add Accursed Fate and return Doomed to the player that owns it? Or does the effect fizzle?

I like these better than the ones from last year.

Ikiaq is interesting.  In theme for mystic as far as avoiding effects (well delaying effects).  The +1 to two skills is really good.  She may be to cheap in the resource and/or xp area especially for a 3/2 ally.

Dendromorphisis is brutal.  I like it a lot.

Edit: Also the quote on Dendro is great.

Edited by Jobu

I think she's cheap too.  Matt said the higher the XP, the more powerful the card as it makes the possible investigator pool smaller for who can take it.  I'm wondering if people play her just for the +1/+1.  They're the same stats (plus health/sanity) as St. Hubert's Key(although that nets you 2 sanity when it leaves play).  She's cheaper because she takes up a more useful slot (Ally) and cost XP.

Not sure about Doomed.  I assume, because you're not the one who is Doomed, that you'd record the owner.  Otherwise it's them passing off their curse to you.

You draw all of the weaknesses under her, so that means Dark Pact goes into your hand.  I assume that the owner still substitutes it in their log if you're still holding it when the music stops.

Amazing story.  We started the Path to Carcosa on Sunday, and we're only able to get the first scenario in.  At the end of the scenario 3 of us have resigned, but Jenny couldn't.  Upkeep.  She draws Search for Izzy.  Her player looks at the board, it's stuck 3 spaces away and she's going to get wrecked trying to go through every one of them both ways because of ooze.  We're all done, our cards are removed from the game.  10 minuets later, she decides she has to go on without knowing - she takes the trauma.

Edited by Duciris
Poor tense constancy

1 hour ago, Jobu said:

I like these better than the ones from last year.

Ikiaq is interesting.  In theme for mystic as far as avoiding effects (well delaying effects).  The +1 to two skills is really good.  She may be to cheap in the resource and/or xp area especially for a 3/2 ally.

Dendromorphisis is brutal.  I like it a lot.

Edit: Also the quote on Dendro is great.

Oddly enough Dendro will also be least harmful in a mystic deck most likely. Those arcane slots don't take any hands. :B

30 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Oddly enough Dendro will also be least harmful in a mystic deck most likely. Those arcane slots don't take any hands. :B

Exactly.  My Leo deck draws until it finds its lightning gun.  Even with bandolier, that thing is crazy scary to those kinds of builds.  They did a great job with it.

1 hour ago, phorcys12 said:

So if the card of this year council are for the cycle 5, So those of the last year could be for the cycle to come ... 

I was on the first Card Council (player card - more on that to come) and, from what Matt indicated, those cards *might* make it into Cycle 4, but most likely not until Cycle 5. So, these might make it into Cycle 6 or 7, if it follows the same pattern.

As for the player card that was designed back then, we were given art to pick from (with Matt letting us know which was his preferred art which we chose), and designed the card from there. It seemed that only a handful of us actually played the LCG and were familiar with the rules and game mechanics (the others being more into AH or EH board game), which made creating a ‘good’ card difficult. Incidentally, the card almost was a ‘Seal’ card through most of our process, but I digress.

Edited by Somatose Boy

1 hour ago, Soakman said:

Stones, statues, and books are pretty vital to some builds.  It could make you drop your Book of Shadows, making you lose an Arcane slot and a spell as well!  But still, probably least harmful, yes.

27 minutes ago, Somatose Boy said:

Incidentally, the card almost was a ‘Seal’ card through most of our process, but I digress.

Didn't they say they might tweak these before release?  Maybe they didn't want to spill the beans on an upcoming mechanic and it will end up as a Seal yet.

Edited by CSerpent

5 minutes ago, CSerpent said:

Stones, statues, and books are pretty vital to some builds.  It could make you drop your Book of Shadows, making you lose an Arcane slot and a spell as well!  But still, probably least harmful, yes.

Didn't they say they might tweak these before release?  Maybe they didn't want to spill the beans on an upcoming mechanic and it will end up as a Seal yet.

If you run Book of Shadows if you have Dendromorposis (or indeed at all), you have only yourself to blame...

Seekers are probably least hurt by it, if they stick to Magnifying Glasses they can use the ability on them to avoid having them in play except when using them.

As it is an Asset, am I right in thinking you can assign incoming damage to Dendromorphosis and get rid of it that way? If so that's particularly interesting - a weakness with a niche benefit.