Animewarsdude

Sentinel Shuttle, Would You Use It?

If the Sentinel Shuttle was added to the game, and provided the below would you fly it? If not what would it take to have you fly it?

Why add it to the game? It shows up in the special edition of ANH and gets plenty of time on Rebels and would be a good way to bring a heavy shuttle to the Empire which would have the Rebels and Empire have an equal number of large ships and it could bring a host of new commander themed Crew cards from Rebels (Including Thrawn). 

Sentinel Shuttle (53) 3/1/8/4 with the Focus, Target Lock, Reinforce, Coordinate, and Jam

or

Sentinel Shuttle (61-65) 4/1/8/4 with the Focus, Target Lock, Reinforce, Coordinate, and Jam

Upgrade slots: Missile, Cannon, Turret, Crew (3), Gunner, Mod, Title.

Maneuver Dial: 

Speed 1: Blue Straight and Banks.

Speed 2: Blue Straight, White Banks, Red Turns

Speed 3: White Straight and Banks

Speed 4: White Straight

Reasoning:

Rebels gave little in terms of their loadout so went with it mostly being based on its Legends variant. The ship had 8 laser cannons, 2 Concussion Missile Launchers, 1 Ion Cannon Turret, and 2 Repeating Turrets. So I figure that a 3 dice forward with a cannon slot or a 4 dice forward with or without the cannon slot would represent the lasers fairly well, one missile slot works well and since it already has a 3 primary not tons of reason for it to need Barrage Rockets (not to mention there are better platforms for it than a shuttle), and a turret slot to well represent the turrets. Honestly, with the number of turrets it had I could see it even having a ship ability that upgrades normal turrets from a single to a bowtie arc; however, I sort of like the idea of it being a lambda that lets you rotate its rear arc too. The ship could carry 75 troopers plus its flight crew so 3 crew would represent that decently well with the gunner representing 1 of the 3 gunners that manned the turrets. I didn't find a title for the ship with a quick skim of information on the ship but all of the large ships have one so it would make sense it got one too.

In terms of costing, the 53 comes from 2 hull upgrades on the lambda and 2 points for the target lock while the higher 61-65 comes from the 2 hull upgrades and figuring the extra die to cost between 8 and 12 points. 

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I always loved that ship. I'd buy at least one.. maybe two. For reasons. :)

And thanks to Rebels, Scum could in theory, get one too thanks to Hondo :D 

Image result for hondo's shuttle

Or put him on the Firespray since he owned Slave 1 for a little, or the Luxury Yacht since no one has as much class as Hondo. Hondo must be Scum Sabine, he flies everything!

The Canon version of the ship seems more like a big Lambda without the large amount of guns. I think it would be kind of a neat idea to do both versions and each of them being a configuration. The Canon version 3 or 4 crew slots :blink:, coordinate/jam, pure support craft with 2 attack front and back. Then the Assault configuration adds 1 or 2 attack to the front arc and a single turret arc and but loses coordinate or something like that.

I'd love to see this in game AT SCALE, but i worry it'd get the upsilon treatment. it would be great thematically and could fill a weird role as the ship with the worst mobility in the game, but also the ship that doesnt care it cant move well.  just a plodding crew platform thats hard to kill and provides area denial as a result

4 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

I'd love to see this in game AT SCALE, but i worry it'd get the upsilon treatment. it would be great thematically and could fill a weird role as the ship with the worst mobility in the game, but also the ship that doesnt care it cant move well.  just a plodding crew platform thats hard to kill and provides area denial as a result

I mean I could see it at scale, it would just need to be as long as the Decimator, though would be taller with the wings but lets be honest as cool as it will be to display it with them down for the most part during play the rear wings would be up in landing position. 

40 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

The Canon version of the ship seems more like a big Lambda without the large amount of guns. I think it would be kind of a neat idea to do both versions and each of them being a configuration. The Canon version 3 or 4 crew slots :blink:, coordinate/jam, pure support craft with 2 attack front and back. Then the Assault configuration adds 1 or 2 attack to the front arc and a single turret arc and but loses coordinate or something like that.

Someone wants to run Palp + Death Troopers on the same ship...

9 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

So an Imp YV-666.

37 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

I prefer the Patrol transport ! A nice medium transport ship with good weapons !

But will fly with the Sentinel if ffg bring it of course !

We already have a medium transport with the Tie Reaper, but I won't object to them having it so it is the Empire's light transport in terms overall. So:

Patrol Transport: V2 + ^2/2/6/with 1 Crew Slot

Tie Reaper: 3/1/6/with 2 Crew Slots

Lambda Shuttle: V3 + ^2/1/6/with 2 Crew Slots

Sentinel Shuttle: 3 or 4/1/8/with 3 Crew Slots and a Gunner Slot

They could sort of have the Patrol Transport take that cheaper support option that the Tie Shuttle had in 1.0 though likely better with a built in coordinate. 

35 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

We already have a medium transport with the Tie Reaper, but I won't object to them having it so it is the Empire's light transport in terms overall. So:

Patrol Transport: V2 + ^2/2/6/with 1 Crew Slot

They could sort of have the Patrol Transport take that cheaper support option that the Tie Shuttle had in 1.0 though likely better with a built in coordinate. 

I want my missile slot ! ?

If they were going to add the Sentinel Shuttle as a Large Ship, I'd wish they pull the Lambda back to a medium.  Or at least some clarification what makes a medium ship versus a large ship.

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

They could sort of have the Patrol Transport take that cheaper support option that the Tie Shuttle had in 1.0 though likely better with a built in coordinate

Generic Phantoms can fill that roll, with the benefit of being harder to hit. A Sigma with Squad Leader and Tac Officer is 52pts.

22 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Generic Phantoms can fill that roll, with the benefit of being harder to hit. A Sigma with Squad Leader and Tac Officer is 52pts.

Unless they made the Patrol craft sort of an counterpart to the Phantom 2 with it being a cheaper option. Then again, considering the strong crew options they might not do that. If the cheapest option was 30 points like AP-5 and has the Target Lock for its missile slot it would allow a cheap platform for Tarkin at 40 points with either a Howlrunner or Iden swarm with 5 academy pilots. 

I like that it has a turret, but the mere fact of another shuttle awkward to me.  With a 4 red dice variant, it's basically an Upsilon.  If it doesn't have those, it's a lot like a Decimator, where you have to add the turret manually.  What it keeps coming down to in my mind is that the Empire just doesn't feel like it needs more shuttles to me.  I can see a role for some sort of really light support craft, a TIE Scout or Vanguard.

Bah, why am I posting if only to be negative?