Stoneface

1e Han and Lone Wolf.

47 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

How do you mean?

If he's rerolled the die with LW (or anything else) he can't reroll that die again.

If he would use the re-roll ability from LW, would his ability force him to re-roll all the dice? Does that make sense? I get that if Han re-rolls with his ability, he can't use LW. 

When attacking, you may reroll all of your dice. If you choose to do so, you must reroll as many of your dice as possible.

The "reroll all" and "reroll as many as possible" requirements only apply to his pilot ability. It doesn't affect rerolls from other sources. 

1 hour ago, nexttwelveexits said:

The "reroll all" and "reroll as many as possible" requirements only apply to his pilot ability. It doesn't affect rerolls from other sources. 

Thanks! I shouldn't build squads on 3 hours of sleep.

For First Edition, if you're running Han Solo with Lone Wolf, you have 4 possible options:

1. HAN SOLO REROLL FIRST:  Reroll all your dice.  Lone Wolf has no effect.
  2. LONE WOLF FIRST:  Reroll 1 die.  Then choose one:
    1. Reroll the REST of your dice with Han Solo, or
    2. Keep your roll.
  3. NO REROLL:  Just keep what you rolled.

While it may seem strange, there *are* some reasons you might want to Han Solo your dice AFTER you Lone Wolf (like fishing for a crit to trigger Harpooned, or trying to miss to avoid removing only one of Quickdraw's shields).

6 hours ago, Parravon said:

And yet, you've fallen into this trap many, many times before. :lol:

Old dogs and Bad habits are a lousy combination. Old dogs don't learn new tricks and Bad habits are hard to break. So I'm stuck asking goofy questions on the forums. 

On 10/22/2018 at 5:04 PM, Stoneface said:

Old dogs and Bad habits are a lousy combination. Old dogs don't learn new tricks and Bad habits are hard to break. So I'm stuck asking goofy questions on the forums. 

We've all been there before, my friend. :D 

I am confused here.  How does rerolling with the Rebel Han pilot ability keep you from rerolling one die with Lone Wolf.  Han's ability specifically states "This does not count as rerolling for the purpose of other effects."  This allows you to reroll with ability, then use target lock so why not Lone Wolf?

Just now, bgrelle said:

I am confused here.  How does rerolling with the Rebel Han pilot ability keep you from rerolling one die with Lone Wolf.  Han's ability specifically states "This does not count as rerolling for the purpose of other effects."  This allows you to reroll with ability, then use target lock so why not Lone Wolf?

1e doesn't have that little gem. Read the whole thread title ;)

2 minutes ago, bgrelle said:

That's 2e Han. This thread is about 1e Han.