Jump to content
Y-Wing

JarJar Binks - Clone Wars

Recommended Posts

Having Jarjar in the game would be hilarious. Partly because too many people would consider it a victory condition to kill him off, and partly because it would be so much fun just to run him up the middle of the field as a “distraction”.??? I didn’t say it was a good distraction, or one that would last long.☠️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny part is that when I played SWCCG, Jar Jar was really good. I think the main reason was that Decipher wanted to make sure people actually played the card instead of hating it solely based on the character. I suspect a very similar approach here, if he is even used. Clone Wars inherently implies a different time frame than EP 1. Of course Jar jar was still around during the Clone Wars, but he didn't do much during that period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jar Jar Bunks (Operative)

White Defense die, 5 health, 1 Courage

Uncanny Luck 3

Confused Panic - When this unit panics, instead of moving toward the nearest board edge, it moves towards the nearest enemy unit. 

Panic Charge - if this unit enters base contact with an enemy unit when it panics, it may perform a free melee attack.

Strange Ricochets - When this unit rolls a surge on defense, the unit firing at him takes 1 wound.

Melee - Confused Chaos - 4 Red Dice, Impact 2, Pierce 2

Ranged - Gungan Pistol - Range 1-2, 2 White

Surge - Defense -Block; Offense - Crit

Edited by SirCormac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, he needs command cards as well.

 

3 Pip - Vehicular Takeover

If Jar Jar is in base contact with a vehicle, he may perform an attack from this vehicle (even if enemy owned) during his activation as a bonus attack.

2 Pip - Aura of Confusion - When Jar Jar activates, ALL units within Range 1 of Jar Jar (including himself) gain 2 suppression tokens

1 Pip - Take a breather

When issued an order token, you may issue Jar Jar's token face down. If you do, Jar Jar performs a free recover action and recovers up to 4 wounds.

 

Edited by SirCormac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SirCormac said:

Jar Jar Bunks (Operative)

White Defense die, 5 health, 1 Courage

Uncanny Luck 3

Confused Panic - When this unit panics, instead of moving toward the nearest board edge, it moves towards the nearest enemy unit. 

Panic Charge - if this unit enters base contact with an enemy unit when it panics, it may perform a free melee attack.

Strange Ricochets - When this unit rolls a surge on defense, the unit firing at him takes 1 wound.

Melee - Confused Chaos - 4 Red Dice, Impact 2, Pierce 2

Ranged - Gungan Pistol - Range 1-2, 2 White

Surge - Defense -Block; Offense - Crit

 

9 hours ago, SirCormac said:

Ooh, he needs command cards as well.

 

3 Pip - Vehicular Takeover

If Jar Jar is in base contact with a vehicle, he may perform an attack from this vehicle (even if enemy owned) during his activation as a bonus attack.

2 Pip - Aura of Confusion - When Jar Jar activates, ALL units within Range 1 of Jar Jar (including himself) gain 2 suppression tokens

1 Pip - Take a breather

When issued an order token, you may issue Jar Jar's token face down. If you do, Jar Jar performs a free recover action and recovers up to 4 wounds.

 

Nailed It!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

To this day I am unclear if Jar-Jar has sincere, unironic, fans.

His true fans are too young to understand irony, they are in it for the poodoo jokes.

 

I do wonder what went through Lucas's head when he went from step-in-poop humor to the "hero" slaughtering children and choking his wife over the span of three movies...

Edited by aniron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 12:24 PM, aniron said:

His true fans are too young to understand irony, they are in it for the poodoo jokes.

 

I do wonder what went through Lucas's head when he went from step-in-poop humor to the "hero" slaughtering children and choking his wife over the span of three movies...

Crazy wasnt it.  Star Wars was never like that...nothing even suggested a childish film like that before Phantom Menace.

The prequels imo, alongside Clone wars have actually matured well...except most of PM and anything Jar Jar related.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a rather large post about Gungans being added as an army into Legion a little while back. I have a really strong love for the Gungan race, Naboo in general, and The Phantom Menace (it being my favorite Star Wars film aside from Solo). I don't care about what people think about my favorite Star Wars stuff, I just love the Gungans. Jar Jar was a fun character, Roos Tarpal is an absolute badass that deserved more recongition, and Gungans deserve to be in Legion. This game is a tabletop war game, there's really no reason to exclude a well organized army (that we see ON SCREEN) from the game. People will buy them if they want to, people won't if they don't want to. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 7:42 AM, crx3800 said:

The funny part is that when I played SWCCG, Jar Jar was really good. I think the main reason was that Decipher wanted to make sure people actually played the card instead of hating it solely based on the character. I suspect a very similar approach here, if he is even used. Clone Wars inherently implies a different time frame than EP 1. Of course Jar jar was still around during the Clone Wars, but he didn't do much during that period. 

Jar Jar gets up to a bunch of 'silly nonsense' in Clone Wars so he was still doing stuff. I think he even 'led' some Clones in a Season 1 episode.  

7 hours ago, ricoratso said:

I made a rather large post about Gungans being added as an army into Legion a little while back. I have a really strong love for the Gungan race, Naboo in general, and The Phantom Menace (it being my favorite Star Wars film aside from Solo). I don't care about what people think about my favorite Star Wars stuff, I just love the Gungans. Jar Jar was a fun character, Roos Tarpal is an absolute badass that deserved more recongition, and Gungans deserve to be in Legion. This game is a tabletop war game, there's really no reason to exclude a well organized army (that we see ON SCREEN) from the game. People will buy them if they want to, people won't if they don't want to. 

 

 

Not a huge fan of gungans, or well I'm fairly neutral on them, but they have very different tech which could really make them interesting if they were added to Legion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Jar Jar gets up to a bunch of 'silly nonsense' in Clone Wars so he was still doing stuff. I think he even 'led' some Clones in a Season 1 episode.  

Not a huge fan of gungans, or well I'm fairly neutral on them, but they have very different tech which could really make them interesting if they were added to Legion. 

Speaking of interesting gungans. I would like to see a gungan shield unit (like the troopers with the hand-held shields) that had armor and gave cover to units behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

Speaking of interesting gungans. I would like to see a gungan shield unit (like the troopers with the hand-held shields) that had armor and gave cover to units behind them.

Maybe a heavy weapons upgrade that gives the squad a guy that lets them ignore 1 pierce? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...