"Quickdraw"

Kill Han

1 hour ago, PoorGreedo said:

I thought that Ezra gunner wouldn’t worked in the Falcon? Isn’t it’s only attack a turret attack ?

Ezra triggers off any primary attack, turret or otherwise. He just has to shoot out the other side of the Bowtie than was used for the triggering attack, much like a Vet Turret Gunner on a YT-1300 or YT-2400.

1 hour ago, "Quickdraw" said:

I forgot to tell, I play in a bigger mat with double asteroids (which are still more than there should be to make it equivalent)

So you're going into the game with the deck stacked in your opponent's favor, in a variant of play that the pilots are not balanced around, and wonder why you have such a hard time against a ship that loves the style of play the variant you're playing supports... /facepalm

17 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Ezra triggers off any primary attack, turret or otherwise. He just has to shoot out the other side of the Bowtie than was used for the triggering attack...

Yup, which makes him pretty underwhelming for his high, high cost.  More people bring Ezra for his cheaper-than-Luke access to a Force Point in the gunner slot, and for the potential to then bring Maul for another Force Point.  I don't think anyone is really planning to trigger his ability more than once every other game.

3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Yup, which makes him pretty underwhelming for his high, high cost.  More people bring Ezra for his cheaper-than-Luke access to a Force Point in the gunner slot, and for the potential to then bring Maul for another Force Point.  I don't think anyone is really planning to trigger his ability more than once every other game.

He and Veteran Turret Gunner still should probably come down a little bit, maybe 2 to 4 points max.

15 hours ago, Mward1984 said:

He and Veteran Turret Gunner still should probably come down a little bit, maybe 2 to 4 points max.

All of the gunner upgrades (barring Scum Han, of course) could easily come down significantly in price, probably all well south of the 10pt line.

I'm not sure what the heck FFG was smoking when they point-costed fat turrets and gunner upgrades.  Back in the early days of X-Wing, fat turrets like the Falcon were utter garbage because you were paying the price of two ships for a ship that only attacked once per round and had comparable durability to those two ships you could have brought instead.  So it never made sense to bring an expensive large ship.  It wasn't until several waves in when the large turrets had access to upgrades that offered them passive buffs on offense, defense, and action economy that we saw them finally become competitively viable.

So why FFG thought it would be a good idea to take those fat turrets, reset them to Wave 1 levels of minimal modifications, increase their cost, and then also cut their turret coverage to 50% of what it used to be is utterly beyond me.  Then to make the Gunner upgrades one of those most expensive slots on top of that?  Madness, unless the goal was to price large-based turrets and gunner upgrades right out of the competitive game (except for the Scum Falcon and Scum Han Gunner, of course, 'cuz "new hotness").