"Quickdraw"

Kill Han

I play against han with r2-d2, ezra, chewie, lone wolf. It's impossible to kill him, he just can't die. I played with vader, echo and rhymer and after I killed the bwing I went for him(rhymer had died) and each time he attacked me he rolled all hits and all mine were most blanks(which have been coming out on all my 2nd edition).

I think r2 is extremely cheap, because he makes han have much more than 13 hitpoints.

Any suggestion?

10 minutes ago, "Quickdraw" said:

Any suggestion?

Seismic Charges.  He can't reroll at range 0-1 of an obstacle if there are no obstacles.

Other than that, focus fire to take him down as quickly as possible.  RD-D2 crew only repairs at most 1 HP a round.  Focus fire so he doesn't have many rounds to live and repair damage.

Before coming here to complain about dice and call for a nerf answer the following questions: 

1) what did I do wrong? Was I giving up modifiers by repositioning too much? Did I approach Han from opposite sides, allowing him to use Ezra to make a bonus attack? 

2) what did my opponent do right? Did their maneuver and action choices allow them to continue making fully modded attacks against my ships? How did they maneuver so they didn’t have to spend an action to change turret arc? 

3) were the rolls actually above/below average? Use a probability calculator to check expected damage. 

4) has anyone else noticed this card seems overpowered, or is it just me? What might account for the difference? 

Edited by WAC47

1 hour ago, WAC47 said:

Before coming here to complain about dice and call for a nerf answer the following questions: 

I'm not looking for a nerf, that's why I asked if I was doing something wrong or I just have to play better(because I refuse to believe that one can loose a battle because of luck, if you play well, you win).

1 hour ago, WAC47 said:

1) what did I do wrong? Was I giving up modifiers by repositioning too much? Did I approach Han from opposite sides, allowing him to use Ezra to make a bonus attack? 

2) what did my opponent do right? Did they’re maneuver and action choices allow them to continue making fully modded attacks against my ships? How did they maneuver so they didn’t have to spend an action to change turret arc? 

3) were the rolls actually above/below average? Use a probability calculator to check expected damage. 

4) has anyone else noticed this card seems overpowered, or is it just me? What might account for the difference? 

This is what I was looking for, I let him shoot with ezra only once but I didn't make him move his firing arc to spend action, that I can see.

I think R2-D2 (crew) is fairly priced, what's making the combo work here is being paried up with Chewie who can repair crits, so you should only need to worry R2-D2 manages to flip a damage card twice in a row, which statistically he shouldn't be doing all that often. It's really not a cheap build though 127 points is a whacking great big chunk of points. Ezra is literally just there to provide a force token, which is great and all, but 18pts?  I'd be tempted to spare some points with Bistan or Hotshot gunner and then be able to take an 80pt Supernatural Luke.

I mean, with the Ezra build you can still take a decent 60pt Wedge, but you don't have enough points for anything else then, and Wedge sort of hits diminishing returns past the 60pt mark, but do you REALLY wan't to put even more points onto the Falcon?

What was he running Han with?

29 minutes ago, "Quickdraw" said:

I'm not looking for a nerf, that's why I asked if I was doing something wrong or I just have to play better(because I refuse to believe that one can loose a battle because of luck, if you play well, you win).

Wrong universe. Same truth.

tumblr_n1h5banOQE1rn4ocio1_500.jpg

Edited by Slugrage

4 hours ago, "Quickdraw" said:

I play against han with r2-d2, ezra, chewie, lone wolf. It's impossible to kill him, he just can't die. I played with vader, echo and rhymer and after I killed the bwing I went for him(rhymer had died) and each time he attacked me he rolled all hits and all mine were most blanks(which have been coming out on all my 2nd edition).

I think r2 is extremely cheap, because he makes han have much more than 13 hitpoints.

Any suggestion?

What was your built exactly, who had initiative and how did you place initially?
Did you try to use Rhymer as a blocker for Han?

47 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

But also major strategic point: KILL THE REGEN FIRST.

I recently faced Luke with a plain R2 in a 400 point match.  I still don’t know if I did the right thing targeting him first, as it seemed to take forever to get him, but once he was gone I still had enough fire power left to squeak a 13 point margin of victory.

Huh, I don't really get how the new fat Han is as bad as the 1.0 one.  Its much easier to push damage through, has to stay near obstacles without touching them, and doesnt have 360 degree arc anymore.  Ive only faced a flavor of it once in 2.0, but it seemed much more tame than in ye olde days. 

Played again with another squad and won. I took the defender which always works out for me but I didn't want to use him. On the previous games I was playing with vader and echo fully loaded, and something else. This time I went with rexler, echo and a cheap aggressor. My phantom went with zero damage and everyone else dead.

I admit the force was with me because I had some lucky dice.

His second ship was a B-wing.

I forgot to tell, I play in a bigger mat with double asteroids (which are still more than there should be to make it equivalent).