Sign in to follow this  
manoftomorrow010

New League Start-Up in N. Denver area

Hi everyone,

We've got the Pueblo area covered on here, but we're finally at the stage of starting up a league in the North Denver metro area, at Total Escape Games in Broomfield. The guy organizing the league is trying to get a general headcount right now, so there is no official "we're starting on this date" yet.

The plan is to technically have the events on THURSDAYS, however, to make it easier on folks with scheduling conflicts (like me!), you will have 2 weeks to play your match on any day you agree upon with your opponent. So, you can either show up to play your opponent on Thursday, or schedule the match at a different day of your choosing within that window.

Once he gives the store the general headcount of how many players to expect, they will post details and scheduling on their website.

If there are any players in the metro area who want to play, holler and I will let the organizer know!

Hi everyone,

Looks like right now, from in-person meetings, we have 4 people committed (myself included). We'd like to at least get 6 if possible!

We and the store are willing to start a league with just the 4 of us, but it admittedly, might be a little stale.

Right now, you can see the "Open Play & League" scheduled on the store's website for 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Mike, the guy organizing the League, said he shows up most Thursdays to drum up interest, or if you drop in, he'll likely be there.

Getting two more people at least would be great if anyone on here is in the N. Denver area!!

Feel free to DM me as the four of us have started an email chain to work out scheduling, reminder the League would be open schedule, so you don't have to commit to playing every Thursday (as I have a scheduling conflict myself).

http://totalescapegames.com/events/

Hey Everybody,

Just in case there's anyone who may check-in here for N. Denver games.

Our league, with 8 players, will begin on November 29th. While the store will slot Thursday nights as the League's "official" night, you don't have to play that night, but can schedule your match with your opponent at any time during the week.

http://totalescapegames.com/events/

3 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

What format are you using for your league? Standard 800-point games or one of the Operations?

We will be discussing that tonight! We're meeting for pizza to get a consensus on how players want the League to function, whether Operations or basic 800-points.

(I will be voting for Operations as they seem more fun to me.)

H all,

Here are the details for our League. We have 8 players to start!

START: Thursday, November 29. There will be a kick-off that night, but it is NOT mandatory (I will not be there since my Thursdays are always booked).

FORMAT: Operations/progression style. We will email options to the group so we can all pick the Operation we like.

LENGTH: Four matches, with 2 weeks to play each match, so 8 total weeks. You can play the match anywhere/anytime in the 2 weeks that accommodates you & your opponent's schedules, but please try to play at the store. After the 8 weeks, we'll try a different format or Operation.

Of course, if anyone joins mid-league, we'll definitely make concessions to accommodate and introduce them to the league!

PRIZES: Joining (participation!); winning the league (and 2nd/3rd); best painted minis; other stuff from the FFG kit.

PRICE: Still in discussion with the store, but likely just a $5 fee to join the league.

*Your minis do not have to be painted to play!* (thank god, I haven't finished my Rebels)

Our group coordinator, Mike, will be at Total Escape Games every Thursday, if anyone drops in to play a casual match, or wants to inquire about joining the league.

I will keep this thread updated as we move along so that anyone who ventures in can learn more.