Boom Owl

Are You Team Nerf ? or Team Puzzle?

I used to be on team puzzle then, I gladly joined team "play something broken, there are so much to choose there" by the last month of 1.0

I'm pretty sure it was the story of the majority of players who bothered to travel and spend money to go to tournament: everyone dream to become the new Paul Heaver and win something big with our own breed, but then settle to just try to win something big and default to an already proved strong list for many different reasons (most notably, lack of time to properly test something else).

Then we have a very vocal minority which support team nerf time after time

Team puzzle for me, because something will always be the best and most efficient, so you need to work out how to beat that. 

Points increases will just make something else tier 1 for people to ***** about

2 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Build me a list of TIE Aggressors that can beat a competently flown list of TIE Bombers.

31 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Why would anyone want to use TIE Aggressors?

More expensive, for one less HP and no bombs and a slightly worse dial. Only niche/gimmicks are... Debris Gambit for roll-evade shenanigans (but you can't combo with Juke, so where's your damage output coming from?) and a turret slot (I'm a Y-Wing mom I swear it's not a phase). Available uniques are one-point double taps but they're not allowed to do damage, or knockoff Omega Leader Midnight?

If Bombers go up in price, maybe they're an alright Sloane+Barrage spam platform? 

You could have vet-turret ions and LARP as a faster bombless Y-Wing? With 79% the durability for 96% the price? Maybe closer to 1:1 with Debris Gambit, at the cost of doing anything else with your actions? I guess?

Edited by svelok

That's kinda the point.  I'm not always out to nerf stuff just cuz it does well but I'm gonna try to call a spade a spade.  I think the Bomber needs to be brought up in price and the Aggressor probably should be brought down.   When the better thing is also cheaper, something's gotta change.

(I don't see any reason for the cost of the TIE Aggressors.  I'm curious if the designers were worried about 6 Aggressors with Dorsal Turret.)

44 minutes ago, svelok said:

More expensive, for one less HP and no bombs and a slightly worse dial. Only niche/gimmicks are... Debris Gambit for roll-evade shenanigans (but you can't combo with Juke, so where's your damage output coming from?) and a turret slot (I'm a Y-Wing mom I swear it's not a phase). Available uniques are one-point double taps but they're not allowed to do damage, or knockoff Omega Leader Midnight?

If Bombers go up in price, maybe they're an alright Sloane+Barrage spam platform? 

You could have vet-turret ions and LARP as a faster bombless Y-Wing? With 79% the durability for 96% the price? Maybe closer to 1:1 with Debris Gambit, at the cost of doing anything else with your actions? I guess?

I just meant that they're ugly and make, and I don't know why anyone would want to put them on the table and look at them for a whole game.

Like if Interceptors were bad, I'd be having a lot of fun trying to make that puzzle work, but Aggressors, yikes.

Edited by Biophysical

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I just meant that they're ugly and make, and I don't know why anyone would want to put them on the table and look at them for a whole game.

Like if Interceptors were bad, I'd be having a lot of fun trying to make that puzzle work, but Aggressors, yikes.

Valid.  

But somebody, somewhere has some fond memory of flying them in whatever game they come from.  And they exist so they may as well have some reason to continue to exist.  I mean, I bought one.  Might want to actually put it on a stand someday.  Maybe?

1 minute ago, gamblertuba said:

Valid.  

But somebody, somewhere has some fond memory of flying them in whatever game they come from.  And they exist so they may as well have some reason to continue to exist.  I mean, I bought one.  Might want to actually put it on a stand someday.  Maybe?

Is say that's their puzzle to figure out l.

I don't think Team Puzzle (at least not me) thinks that there are no imbalances in the game.  I just don't find it an intellectually or morally satisfying use of time to imagine, propose, discuss, or advocate nerfs.  I'd just rather use my time trying to solve the problem with means that I control. 

14 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Valid.  

nope

I was 90% team puzzle before.  After many battles, I learned to adapt what I flew according to the meta and constantly brought weird combinations that threw a monkey wrench in the known / popular tactics.  From that point on, I switched to 100% puzzle.