Ninotik

Four rebels two jukes

After a while without flying, I decided to continue with version 2.0 focusing on rebels. After my first game, I created this list, what do you think?

Rebels 2

(43) Partisan Renegade
(7) Magva Yarro
(2) Tactical Officer
(0) Pivot Wing
(8) Advanced Sensors
Points 60

(46) Leevan Tenza
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(4) Juke
Points 50

(38) Sabine Wren
(4) Juke
Points 42

(47) Garven Dreis
(0) Servomotor S-foils
Points 47

Total points: 199

The U can coordinate Leevan or Garven.

1) Leevan makes barrel roll or boost (it depends on s-foils config) then red evade to active juke on his attack.

2) Garven spent focus then chooses U to gain the focus.

After that, if the the U has been attacked, he got BF+Focus to return fire.

Sabine makes Sabine thinks: barrel + red evade + blue mvnt + focus.

Two thoughts: I've found Coordinate often awkward with ships which like to take red actions.  There's a lot of pre-planning to getting the ships dialed into the right Blue maneuvers in order to clear stress to be free the next round, and I personally haven't had as much success with it.  If you can pull it off, more power to you.

Second, I feel like Leevan really wants an R4 Astromech.  Blue hard turns would add a lot of mobility to a ship which is looking to stress itself every round.  Personally, I'd probably cut Magva Yarro.  The U-Wing probably isn't a priority target, so Magva might not trigger too often.

@theBitterFig I flied the squad against Whisper Echo Soontie yesterday and i noticed all the points you mentioned. Totally agree. All the ships where stressed the 80% of time. i've made changes and i came with this:

Rebels 2

(47) Benthic Two Tubes
(7) Magva Yarro
(2) Jyn Erso
(0) Pivot Wing
(8) Advanced Sensors
Points 64

(46) Leevan Tenza
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(4) Juke
(2) R4 Astromech
Points 52

(47) Garven Dreis
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(4) Juke
Points 51

(30) AP-5
(1) Trick Shot
(2) R4 Astromech
Points 33

Total points: 200

- AP5 coordinates Leevan (he would be able to do and action even if he is stressed):

1) focus, then Leevan moves and makes barrellroll+red evade ,

2) barrellroll+red evade (reposition before movement), then Leevan makes blue movement (R4 helps to turn) then focus.

Leevan starts the engagement phase with focus+evade, so he can activate juke or use it for defense.

- Benthic pass his focus to Garven, Jyn turns that into evade, Garven makes focus, so he has evade+focus for the engagement phase  and then could pass that focus to Benthic or AP5 depending on the combat situation.

I think is fancy :)

What do you think? i like the idea of magva on the Uwing, now with jyn i hope he will get more fire.

Edited by Ninotik
squad change

6 hours ago, player3049613 said:

Back to your first list if you replace juke with debris gambit on sabine the linked evade becomes white. 

Likewise on Leevan Tenza.  It's a trade-off.  Debris Gambit gives you reduced stress, which is nice.  Juke gives you extra offense, which is also nice, but different.