direweasel

Shara's Bey Watch

I've only played a few games of 2.0 so still trying to feel my way around the meta.  This list is partly meant to dish out pain, and partly meant to test out some mechanics.

I feel like these 3 ships are very tanky and should be able to put out some substantial damage.  The idea with the Bs is to use HLC whenever in Bullseye Arc (which I'm hoping their decent Init, barrel rolling, and Predator will help with even more), Tractor beaming people into obstacles when they're near those, and then just shooting them the rest of the time.  Shara should be pretty self explanatory. 

The weaknesses I see are that they're all AG1 so they will soak up damage like a sponge, and there are a LOT of points spent on upgrades that might not see tons of use.  I'm open to other upgrades, especially things to replace the tail gunner and/or the shield upgrades on the Bs.  I want to keep the shield upgrade on Shara if possible so her first usage of Saw is "prepaid", as it were.

Ideas and input welcome!

Shara Bey (53)
Predator (2)
Saw Gerrera (8)
Veteran Tail Gunner (4)
R3 Astromech (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Braylen Stramm (50)
Predator (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
Tractor Beam (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Ten Numb (50)
Predator (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
Tractor Beam (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

With his ability I don't think Braylen needs Predator, and I'm not sure the tractor beams will be consistently useful, I'd generally rather just do damage except for a few rare occasions. That should save you the points for AS on Ten, with Braylen having no way to clear it during the Engagement phase I much prefer it on Ten. Enjoy!

Thanks for the comments! I have taken your advice into consideration, and I've juggled things around some and now I am at 204 points.  Help me figure out what to take off.

I could change the B-Wing Shield Upgrades to Hull Upgrades, and remove Predator, or I could just remove one of the B-Wing Shield Upgrades entirely (but which one, and I like the symmetry of having both of them)...or I could do something I haven't thought of at all yet.  Thanks in advance :)

Shara Bey (53)
Predator (2)
Saw Gerrera (8)
R3 Astromech (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Braylen Stramm (50)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Ten Numb (50)
Predator (2)
Advanced Sensors (8)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 204

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

5 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

Ditch both predators would be my suggestion. Shara is unlikely to get it and Ten shouldn't need it

Agreed!

I would also track how many times per game you would have had Predator trigger on Shara, if it's 3+ then bring it back and go down to hull upgrades on her wing mates.

Edited by FriendofYoda

OK I flew this list 3 times this weekend.  1 fairly convincing win and 2 close losses.  I need to practice with it to get better, because at least one of the losses was for sure my fault because I used the Advanced Sensors to chain into a red move (focus/barrel roll), and then remembered that I had put in a red maneuver with one of the Bs.  OOPSIE.  I also forgot about Shara's ability at least once that was really important. 

I'll keep playing and tweaking, but the Sensors are definitely very strong on them.  Probably won't miss the Predators much either, but when I get better with the list, I might get more bulls-eyes too, so if that happens then as suggested, I'll back up to a hull upgrade on the Bs to free up the points to put it back on Ten.

Thanks for the help again guys.

6 minutes ago, direweasel said:

OK I flew this list 3 times this weekend.  1 fairly convincing win and 2 close losses.  I need to practice with it to get better, because at least one of the losses was for sure my fault because I used the Advanced Sensors to chain into a red move (focus/barrel roll), and then remembered that I had put in a red maneuver with one of the Bs.  OOPSIE.  I also forgot about Shara's ability at least once that was really important. 

I'll keep playing and tweaking, but the Sensors are definitely very strong on them.  Probably won't miss the Predators much either, but when I get better with the list, I might get more bulls-eyes too, so if that happens then as suggested, I'll back up to a hull upgrade on the Bs to free up the points to put it back on Ten.

Thanks for the help again guys.

A couple things, you can't use Predator on HLC so I'd leave it off of Ten anyways.  Also, you can't focus->barrel roll while using Advanced Sensors because Advanced Sensors says "After you reveal your dial, you may perform 1 action. If you do, you cannot perform another action during your activation."  The barrel roll is considered a second action so you can't do it.  Otherwise the list seems really fun and I'm going to have to figure out how to get Saw into a list with B-Wings for sure!

2 hours ago, imrandy85 said:

A couple things, you can't use Predator on HLC so I'd leave it off of Ten anyways.  Also, you can't focus->barrel roll while using Advanced Sensors because Advanced Sensors says "After you reveal your dial, you may perform 1 action. If you do, you cannot perform another action during your activation."  The barrel roll is considered a second action so you can't do it.  Otherwise the list seems really fun and I'm going to have to figure out how to get Saw into a list with B-Wings for sure!

A-ha!  It says "primary attack" on Predator.  Missed that on the first read-through.  Glad I didn't take it then!

As for the other one, I asked about that - our tourney judge said linked actions were "an action" for rules purposes, meaning I could do that with Advanced Sensors.  So that's how we played it.  Is that incorrect? 

Edited by direweasel

1 hour ago, direweasel said:

A-ha!  It says "primary attack" on Predator.  Missed that on the first read-through.  Glad I didn't take it then!

As for the other one, I asked about that - our tourney judge said linked actions were "an action" for rules purposes, meaning I could do that with Advanced Sensors.  So that's how we played it.  Is that incorrect? 

Yeah that's incorrect.  From the rules reference: "Linked actions allow a ship to perform an action after performing another action."  There's a question over on the rules forum about this also a lengthy discussion on reddit: 

I flew this exact same list again tonight in a 3 round mini-tourney, and actually played by the rules this time :)

I went 2-1.  All 3 results were VERY convincing.  I did really well in the wins and EVERYTHING went wrong in the loss.   So the list has potential with a little practice, and I need to get better at the game in general anyway. 

The Shara/Saw combo is vicious.  I'm still up in the air about the HLCs...I only get a few chances to use them each game, but I think that will improve as I learn to fly better.  I'm going to keep flying this one a while longer before moving on, and I very much appreciate all the helpful commentary.