Sign in to follow this  
tsuruki

Pssst! Hey. FFG.

Hey Joe.

I have this "bussiness idea" I figured you's gon be interested in.

You know how you tricked them X-wing 1.0 bozos to get them 2+ core sets that have different cards and dont completely invalidade each other?

Just saying friend, we Arkham horror LCG types might be lookin out for some 3 scenario core-set-sized expansions with some extra investigator mooks. 

Okay Joe, you get what I'm talkin about here? Alright. See ya around.

Other than not being self contained stories, that's more or less what the deluxe expansions are.

What I'd love to see instead, would be standalone scenario packs that include a themed investigator.  I'd happily spend $15-20 for a pack that includes Johnny McNewGuy, his signature cards and a scenario that ties into his background.  You wouldn't need him to play the scenario, but it might benefit you to do so, kind of like how a certain actress may or may not have special setup notes in a certain scenario.

1 hour ago, Allonym said:

I hold out hope that at some point we have an extra-long campaign, could involve multiple deluxe boxes like the LOTR LCG Saga campaign.

But a mega-campaign would need to include ways of dealing with craploads of trauma plus challenges equal to the power of investigators with really ludicrous amounts of XP...but I like the idea. I like all ideas that give additional uses to older material :0

8 minutes ago, jjvreed said:

But a mega-campaign would need to include ways of dealing with craploads of trauma plus challenges equal to the power of investigators with really ludicrous amounts of XP...but I like the idea. I like all ideas that give additional uses to older material :0

Lots of ways around it - points where you can heal trauma for XP, reduced XP rewards (and some kind of mechanic to make the xp-per-scenario cards weaker), or multiple groups of investigators doing different parts of the campaign...

If they don't do it I might have to...

2 hours ago, jjvreed said:

Do they need to survive? I think the idea of investigators slowly being replaced makes it more interesting.

Include ways for the new investigators to catch up a bit, And keep moving on. Rises and dips in difficulty.

Well. All new products and rehashes are fine with me. 

So far the game modes are: 

4 difficulties for:

- short campaign. Playable in an evening (with prep) or two. 

-standalone. One sitting.

-full campaign. Playable in a full day or 3 evenings.

For the first weve got one option. The second is literally all the options. The last is now almost 3 full options. So it seems to me like a spot for a new short campaign is coming up fast. Something playable (finishable) during the evenings of a weekend.

On the note of Wishlisting:

Investigator, meet mythos: Yes a character driven pack with special instructions for the character sounds cool.

Solo story: a campaign intended start to finish as a True solo thing. With special mechanics and unique twists.

Short scenario packs: Packs of 2-3 short scenarios, like scenario 5 of forgotten age.

10 hours ago, tsuruki said:

Short scenario packs: Packs of 2-3 short scenarios, like scenario 5 of forgotten age.

That's coming with Guardians of the Abyss, though they might be longer than you are intending.  More like a two scenario campaign.

Edited by CSerpent

1 minute ago, CSerpent said:

That's coming with Guardians of the Abyss, though they might be longer than you are intending.  More like a two scenario campaign.

Yeah Im really looking forward to that one. i might actually be able to convince my buddies who dislike the length of a 8 scenario story to play it :)

2 hours ago, tsuruki said:

Yeah Im really looking forward to that one. i might actually be able to convince my buddies who dislike the length of a 8 scenario story to play it :)

You can always just run the first 2 scenarios of a campaign (the deluxe itself) or the 3 first scenarios in the upcoming Circle Undone as a gaming experience.

Or, you could lie to your friends.  Tell them there are only 2 scenarios, then, "Oh.  Actually there's one more," after that.  Then again after that.  And so on.  I like that plan the best.  As a potential role-model, I advocate the lying plan!

18 hours ago, Allonym said:

J'espère que, à un moment donné, nous aurons une campagne très longue qui pourrait impliquer plusieurs box de luxe, comme la campagne LOTR LCG Saga.

Hey, I really want something like that about the masks of Nyarlathothep. Like if we have 3 scenarios  and one avatar for every box, with one card by class and only one gator . Like one in china for the Bloated Woman, next one to Kenya with the Bood tongue, then Australia for Sand-bat, or Black Men for arkham, black phraoh for dreamlands, england for haunter in the dark ... the best is they could do that at infinity, because Nyarlathothep is told to have 999 avatars of mask ... And that let us travel to other countries ^^ All for a big campaign. 

I really dream of that because, if they don't, that would mean these mask would be shared by a cycle around Nyarlathothep. but with something like one mask by pack, do you really can think about a good picture of a specific place, an avatar, his own servitors and his personnal cult, all in one mythos pack ?? That wouldn't be a good way to explore all this and would give a superficial story if constricted in a classic campaign of 8 scenarios. 

So .... GIVE US MORE ARKHAM HORROR LCG PRODUCT FFG !!!!!

i think they do a good job with theyr game i mean they benefit a lot with the way they release it ( expansion + packs to complete that set )

what i want is that people that cant attend special events can get the cards from there at some point..

11 hours ago, gmcc said:

i think they do a good job with theyr game i mean they benefit a lot with the way they release it ( expansion + packs to complete that set )

what i want is that people that cant attend special events can get the cards from there at some point..

All of the standalone scenarios that are released at GenCon and Arkham Nights are later also released for sale. There are no unique special event cards that can't be bought (alternate art does not count).

48 minutes ago, jjvreed said:

All of the standalone scenarios that are released at GenCon and Arkham Nights are later also released for sale. There are no unique special event cards that can't be bought (alternate art does not count).

Alright that seems fair

Thanks you then FFG