Sign in to follow this  
Ikka

Fun little Scum tryout list

I haven't spent too much time with Starvipers, and since I have two of them I thought I would try them out to see how the new edition was treating them. Not designed as anything competitive, but more of a testing of the pilots and ships themselves. Any thoughts on the list?

StarViper-class Attack Platform - •Guri - 76
    •Guri - Prince Xizor’s Bodyguard (62)
        Outmaneuver (6)
        Advanced Sensors (8)
StarViper-class Attack Platform - •Dalan Oberos - 63
    •Dalan Oberos - Elite Bounty Hunter (54)
        Outmaneuver (6)
        Fire-Control System (3)
Fang Fighter - •Kad Solus - 57
    •Kad Solus - Skilled Commando (54)
        Elusive (3)

39 minutes ago, Ikka said:

Any thoughts on the list?

Squishy? 14hp between the three of them... If you can keep them dancing it could work but one bad defense roll and you're going to be in a world of hurt.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Squishy? 14hp between the three of them... If you can keep them dancing it could work but one bad defense roll and you're going to be in a world of hurt.

No doubt. The idea is to attempt to keep all three out of harm's way as much as possible, but it is a fragile list. 

All I can really suggest is maybe drop Advanced Sensors on Guri for Collision Detector on both Dalan and Guri. Possibly reduce Outmaneuver to Predator, Trick Shot or Marksmanship on both as well. Dropping to Predator frees up enough to add a Shield Upgrade to either Dalan or Guri. To Trick Shot or Marksmanship and the other can take Hull Upgrade. 15-16hp, still dodgy, can ignore obstacles while they boost or barrel roll (Dalan and Guri with Collision Detectors), depending on the talent you're looking at either a reroll or upgraded hit when the target is in bullseye arc (Predator or Marksmanship), or rolling 4-5 red dice when shooting across obstacles (Trick Shot).

Honestly the squishy part is my biggest issue. :)

Fun list, but I'd swap to Advanced Sensors on Dalan too, so far in my games it helps the Starviper dodge arcs immensely (preboost  S-loop/Dalan 90deg) and or token up before doing reds.

Try out Kad Solus with Elusive (good combo) but he wants to Talon roll which makes him predictable. I'd swap him for Old teroch (naked), who also helps your other two ships.

12 hours ago, westiebestie said:

Try out Kad Solus with Elusive (good combo) but he wants to Talon roll which makes him predictable. I'd swap him for Old teroch (naked), who also helps your other two ships.

True, though I view his ability as more of a bonus rather than something to strive for; I constantly t-roll, but I will if needed and I get a couple of focus/recharge Elusive when I do. 

I like the idea of using two star vipers and a third ship.  But Guri needs a bid to move last vs other Initiative 5 ships.  I would drop Kad down to a zealous recruit to save points.  Also the recruit can be a blocker for guri and dalan.