Sign in to follow this  
Vineheart01

The new lock system

1 minute ago, stuffedskullcat said:

It does suck, but I've tried putting a Sharpie pen (cap on) into the aperture and rolling it around; seems to stress the cardstock enough to make turret rotation less resistant.

Yeah, I'm planning on doing something similar before my next game.

I use colored beads on my ship stands to differentiate them, and then use some clay tack to attach a matching bead to the TL token for easy visuals.

Edited by Effenhoog

I always used completely different locks for a certain ship. E.g. Inq had the vassal league lock, the Gunboat got one I received as gift from a polish player, and Vader took the official system open lock. They are distinct enough that I don't need the one next to my ships and I stopped putting them there when playing at home. Also, on vassal you only ever used locks next to the enemy ship as it is now in 2.0

That means I was lucky to get used to the new lock system before it was cool official

4 hours ago, Ikka said:

Haven't had that issue, but have had the issue of the **** turret indicators being super tight and turning them has dislodged the ID numbers.

My small base turret tokens are so tight that I'm in danger of breaking the ship when I turn them. If you flip the turret indicator upside-down (rounded side at the bottom) though, it's much easier to turn

6 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Colonel Jendon would like a word with you soldier. 

The procurement officer wants to talk about why he needs locks for his barrage rockets.

Wait that's captain jonus. Jendon doesn't give out locks at all.

Edited by thespaceinvader

11 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Guys really the new system is much cleaner. They're designed to match your ship's ID base.

Step 1: You and your opponent should agree on black or white as their color.
Step 2: Regardless of generics, assign tokens 1-8 to your ships respectively.
Step 3: When Target Locking, find the red diamond and flip it to the correlating color to identify you as the lock's owner.

It's that simple, and very clean! You also never lose track of who's target lock it is, when it matches your ship's number. A problem I ALWAYS had.

In theory, that might be true. In reality, R3 astromechs are a thing, and they didn't bother to pack enough (that is, two) target lock "end pieces" per ID number....

2 hours ago, TheWampa said:

In theory, that might be true. In reality, R3 astromechs are a thing, and they didn't bother to pack enough (that is, two) target lock "end pieces" per ID number....

That's why you buy more core sets! /s

no but really who doesn't buy at least two core sets?

40 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

uh, i didnt?

Why would i buy two core sets? Repeat unique pilots? Extra cardboard templates when i have acrylics anyway?

Not even any generic upgrades in there i want more of. I literally have never used Afterburners and thats the only thing i can think of that'd make me want another core, i think theyre garbage.

15 hours ago, Ikka said:

Haven't had that issue, but have had the issue of the **** turret indicators being super tight and turning them has dislodged the ID numbers.

I saw someone playing with a large-base Turret indicator on their Y-Wing the other day. Actually stays on pretty stably if you put the ID tokens on.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Having way over purchased 1st ed core sets, I want to avoid multiple of 2nd like the plague. Already have

more damage dice than I can use

More x-wings and tie fighters than I need

acrylic templates and tokens

2 damage decks from getting the promo deck

i mean, why on earth would I buy a second core set. 

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Me. I've got four 1.0 core sets. I only needed the 2.0 templates and tokens, and not for much longer.

(This isn't a pile-on, I know you were joking. :))

Edited by Koing907

22 hours ago, ryfterek said:

All of my mediums barely hold the front token and don't even friggin try to hold the backside one. *Sigh*

Maybe a small layer of Elmer's glue or super glue on the bottom of the token to thicken them up will help them fit tightly. 

Yeah, last game I played, I went "Wait...did I do an action that turn?!" and it took me a while to remember that I Target Locked, but there wasn't a token by my ship like I'm used to.

The thing that gets me most about the new system is, the ID tokens make it really hard to eyeball whether something is in arc!

I think overall it is an improvement, and I'll get used to the differences soon enough.