Sign in to follow this  
Maui.

A/B Future Expansion Speculation

For the B-wing, I like the idea of the B6 and its composite-beam weapon.

Start with 3 recurring charges, and it takes 3 to fire it. Use the bullseye arc, 6 dice, range 2-3, and only focus results can be modified by the attacker (no dice re-rolls). Weapons disabled and ion token after you attack with it. 

Basically, the bugs aren't worked out yet and some of the features (targeting computer integration) are not implemented. It could be huge or it could be a dud. And using it puts your ship in a not-so-great state. It is a prototype, right?

Someone in another thread mentioned generic I5 A-wings, and that seems like just such a great idea to me. I thought they'd also be good for TIE Interceptors, but 1) those already have I4 generics and 2) this thread isn't about them so back off.

I think that my amazing cosmic dream A-wing expack, which I know I'll never actually see, would include:

• Wedge Antilles.
  • Hera Syndulla.
  • Tycho Celchu: You may execute red maneuvers and perform [boost] and [focus] actions while stressed.
  • Ahsoka Tano [2x Force charges]: At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend 1 [Force]. If you do, another friendly ship at range 0-1 may perform an action.
  • A generic I5 pilot.
  • A single-slot focus missile option that isn't tied to the bullseye arc (and hopefully has more than one charge).

Again, I know I won't get all (or even any) of that, but a guy can dream. And if some of those dreams come true and Wedge (or I5 Ahsoka!) shows up in an A-wing, I may never fly anything else ever again.

Edited by nexttwelveexits

Like to see an S-foil option on the B-wing. Perhaps something like the below.

Open position: Current state.

Closed position: Gain plus 1 to agility and add Red reload action to the task bar.

You cannot attack with seconadary weapons in this state.

17 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

Like to see an S-foil option on the B-wing. Perhaps something like the below.

Open position: Current state.

Closed position: Gain plus 1 to agility and add Red reload action to the task bar.

You cannot attack with seconadary weapons in this state.

Dang, I’d be all over flying around with them closed and just not waste points on the secondary weapons. X-Wing with +2 shields and 2-talons?