william1134

Scummy Falcon

Hi all,

So far in 2.0, every time I have faced up a list that has the Scum Falcon in it, I have been absolutely wrecked. Having Palob or Boba in it, certainly does not help as those two ships are absolutely killer and are too much like 1.0 ships for my liking.

Anyways, it is in my opinion that the scum Falcon is way undercosted. Have a look at the image attached of very nasty list, which kinda proves my point.

scum.jpeg

I've been trying a lot of ScumHan since I finally picked him up.  And yes, he's dirty-good.  But he also just melts to focus fire.  He is maybe a little tougher than a YV-666, a little more versatile than a Lancer, but I won't even think about touching those for a tournament situation.   ScumFalcon is at least cheap enough that I'll at least consider it before deciding to fly something else.  And don't get me started on Rebs and Imps (except for the Lambda - it's still pretty sweetly cheap).

10 minutes ago, william1134 said:

Ah, sorry Sotl, I just got the photo above from my club's whatsapp group, I didn't know who it belonged to. But if you are going 21-2 with a scum han list then it does kinda point to scum han being a tad too good.

Not really, as I know guys who have subbed Han out for Kavil in the squad and are having as much success.  They keep telling me my devotion to Han is holding me back!

18 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Just fly gunner Han. PTL can limit a dial, but action economy is action economy.

Yeah, that's basically the theory.   By playing Han pilot you're barring yourself from playing a stupidly undercosted upgrade.  Kavil is basically Scum Redline.

the rebel dial and scum dials are different, the rebel dial only has a 1 blue straight, the 1 banks are not blue. In comparison the Scum Falcon has all blue 1's (bank l/r and straight). That makes a major difference in manueveribilty. 

Edited by Cgriffith
further clarification

4 hours ago, william1134 said:

Hi all,

So far in 2.0, every time I have faced up a list that has the Scum Falcon in it, I have been absolutely wrecked. Having Palob or Boba in it, certainly does not help as those two ships are absolutely killer and are too much like 1.0 ships for my liking.

Anyways, it is in my opinion that the scum Falcon is way undercosted. Have a look at the image attached of very nasty list, which kinda proves my point.

scum.jpeg

Oh dear lord I think I wanna try this, I can't wait to see some of my friends faces when I bring 2 falcons to the board.

9 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Oh dear lord I think I wanna try this, I can't wait to see some of my friends faces when I bring 2 falcons to the board.

That's definitely its best value - the look on their face during set up.  Personally I was doing the setup with the Han Falcon, Palob and Quadjumper, then when they started paying attention to my side of the table be like "oh wait, sorry, I forgot something..." then get the second Falcon out.

Also, expect to have to prove that it only costs 200pts!

Edited by SOTL

6 minutes ago, SOTL said:

That's definitely its best value - the look on their face during set up.  Personally I was doing the setup with the Han Falcon, Palob and Quadjumper, then when they started paying attention to my side of the table be like "oh wait, sorry, I forgot something..." then get the second Falcon out.

Also, expect to have to prove that it only costs 200pts!

That sounds like a beautiful idea actually, and I can picture their faces now. And yeah they are so going to doubt that all fits in a 200 point squad.

Thursday can't come fast enough.

38 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

the rebel dial and scum dials are different, the rebel dial only has a 1 blue straight, the 1 banks are not blue. In comparison the Scum Falcon has all blue 1's (bank l/r and straight). That makes a major difference in manueveribilty. 

The Modified YT also has blue 2-banks that the Customized YT does not. I feel like there’s always going to be situations where you wish you had the other... I think it washes out. I could be wrong though. 

6 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

The Modified YT also has blue 2-banks that the Customized YT does not. I feel like there’s always going to be situations where you wish you had the other... I think it washes out. I could be wrong though. 

The point is you can't use the dial. The model sure, the dial no way. Either get 2 scum dials or take the other Millenium Falcon off the table. It's not a wash it's extra flexibility for one ship over another when both ships should have the same manueveribilty aspect as an opponent it wouldn't be allowed. At a tournamnet or even an organized game night (league night) it shouldn't be either. 

Edited by Cgriffith
more information

1 minute ago, Cgriffith said:

The point is you can't use the dial. The model sure, the dial no way. Either get 2 scum dials or take the other Millenium Falcon off the table. It's not a wash it's extra flexibility for one ship over another when both ships should have the same manueveribilty aspect as an opponent it wouldn't be allowed.

Ah, since the general conversation was about the relative balance of the Rebel and Scum YTs, it wasn’t clear to me that you were saying you shouldn’t use the Rebel dial as a proxy. 

Since the actual maneuvers are the same most casual gamers I’ve played with would be fine using them as proxies for the other, treating the color of the maneuver as it should be. Yes, for a tournament I would expect that you’d have to use the correct dial. And technically you aren’t supposed to use the model, but don’t be that jerk (and if you do fly double Falcons have a back up to borrow just in case) 

3 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

The point is you can't use the dial. The model sure, the dial no way. Either get 2 scum dials or take the other Millenium Falcon off the table. It's not a wash it's extra flexibility for one ship over another when both ships should have the same manueveribilty aspect as an opponent it wouldn't be allowed.

I would have to imagine you would treat the rebel dial as if it were the scum dial. As long as the player agrees to so this I would be okay with them using it. The two dials have the same maneuvers except the difficulty of the 1 and 2 banks. And if they mess up and forget that would be on them.

3 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Ah, since the general conversation was about the relative balance of the Rebel and Scum YTs, it wasn’t clear to me that you were saying you shouldn’t use the Rebel dial as a proxy. 

Since the actual maneuvers are the same most casual gamers I’ve played with would be fine using them as proxies for the other, treating the color of the maneuver as it should be. Yes, for a tournament I would expect that you’d have to use the correct dial. And technically you aren’t supposed to use the model, but don’t be that jerk (and if you do fly double Falcons have a back up to borrow just in case) 

But there not, one banks/straight's are different on both dials. If either ship is stressed that becomes a very important "game mechanic" as an advatange for the Falcon player when clearing stress, if stress occurs, among other issues. Second, I find the "jerk" comment unfounded and uncalled for, a list was posted. A "Scum & Villany" list and as such I replied noting that the dials where inaccurate and not to be used together. That's not being a "jerk" 

1 minute ago, Stoneface said:

Ok, I plugged this build in FFG' s squad builder and came up with 217 points. What gives?

Unless they've changed points on something overnight you've built it wrong!

4 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

But there not, one banks/straight's are different on both dials. If either ship is stressed that becomes a very important "game mechanic" as an advatange for the Falcon player when clearing stress, if stress occurs, among other issues. Second, I find the "jerk" comment unfounded and uncalled for, a list was posted. A "Scum & Villany" list and as such I replied noting that the dials where inaccurate and not to be used together. That's not being a "jerk" 

It helps that I picture you typing this while making that anguished penguin pose.

This was a friendly game between friends who had a friendly agreement to allow me to use the Rebel dial as the Scum dial and just remember that the banks were different rather than unfriendly-ly making me buy a second Scum Falcon for the sake of one game.

1 minute ago, Cgriffith said:

Slow down and please read my post before responding. 

“Don’t be that jerk” was in reference to a hypothetical person who would call out someone for using the “wrong” YT-1300 model, which has no game effect. 

And again, as @SOTL just mentioned, the maneuvers on the dial are the same except for the colors, which are easy enough to treat as if they were the correct color.