Jump to content
william1134

Scummy Falcon

Recommended Posts

Ever thought of flying Lando and L3 in the falcons then putting Han Gunner on L3? 

L3 helps with the stress clearing from han as well.

You would have to take L3 off Lando but strip Debris Gambit off the Hawk and you can get the auto pilot on Lando for another ship! 5 ships in 1 list and 2 of the are Falcons!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this?

Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug - Jakku Gunrunner - 28
    Jakku Gunrunner - (28)

Escape Craft - •Autopilot Drone - 12
    •Autopilot Drone - Set to Blow (12)

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •L3-37 - 51
    •L3-37 - Droid Revolutionary (47)
        •Han Solo (4)

HWK-290 Light Freighter - •Palob Godalhi - 50
    •Palob Godalhi - Tethan Resister(38)
        •Moldy Crow (12)

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Lando Calrissian - 59
    •Lando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (49)
        Trick Shot (1)
        •0-0-0 (3)
        •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)

Total: 200/200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SOTL said:

You're giving up a lot of potential damage output from Han just to field the Drone.  Doesn't seem worthwhile to me.

Scrap the drone idea then and answer this question: whats more valuable L3 with Han Gunner or Han pilot ?

(keeping in mind L3 and Han gunner is 3 points cheaper)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 4:01 AM, SOTL said:

Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug - Jakku Gunrunner - 28
    Jakku Gunrunner - (28)

HWK-290 Light Freighter - •Palob Godalhi - 52
    •Palob Godalhi - Tethan Resister (38)
        Debris Gambit (2)
        •Moldy Crow (12)

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Lando Calrissian - 63
    •Lando Calrissian - Smooth-talking Gambler (49)
        Trick Shot (1)
        •L3–37 (4)
        •0-0-0 (3)
        •Lando’s Millennium Falcon (6)

Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 57
    •Han Solo - The Corellian Kid (54)
        Trick Shot (1)
        •Tobias Beckett (2)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

looks fun. u must have gotten some interesting looks the first time u flew this im betting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

looks fun. u must have gotten some interesting looks the first time u flew this im betting :)

Fear will keep the local systems in line.  Fear of this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrm.  I'd been used to thinking the Falcon was underpriced.  Certainly it is compared to a lot of other mobile arc ships like Jumpmasters and Lancers.

But.

YT-1300 compared to Y-Wing.

Cymorrah Goon + Dorsal + Hull + Hull + Shield = 46, same as a Freighter Captain, with two 2-dice arcs, the same HP, similar actions, but a little worse of a dial.

Kavil + Dorsal + Hull + Hull + Shield = 56, which is two points more than Han Solo.  I feel like the way that Trick Shot adds up with Han's ability adds up with the Falcon title is kind of gross and too many dice for too cheap.  But the more I look at it, it doesn't seem too far off from where it ought to be.    Large Base Boost is also a lot better than a Small-Base Barrel Roll, though, and Han Solo gets one at Initiative 6.

Maybe the thing which is underpriced isn't the Falcon but Trick Shot.  Consider that Trick Shot is half the price of Predator, more effective (an extra die is a lot better than a single reroll), and a lot easier to trigger for a great many ships.  Having Trick Shot cost maybe even 3 or 4 points doesn't seem unfair, based on the cost of other Talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trick shot is much, much better on turreted ships (you can fly circles around the obstacle shooting through it multiple times) and certain pilots and ships (Outrider, Scum Han pilot, etc).  I'd say it's worth 1 point on ships with a fixed front-facing arc, and worth more on any ship that can have an arc out the side.

Maybe Trick Shot should have a variable price and cost more on ships with mobile arcs?  I think it's fairly low down in the priority of price adjustments, though, at least compared to stuff like Scum Han Gunner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MikeEvans said:

Trick shot is much, much better on turreted ships (you can fly circles around the obstacle shooting through it multiple times) and certain pilots and ships (Outrider, Scum Han pilot, etc).  I'd say it's worth 1 point on ships with a fixed front-facing arc, and worth more on any ship that can have an arc out the side.

Maybe Trick Shot should have a variable price and cost more on ships with mobile arcs?  I think it's fairly low down in the priority of price adjustments, though, at least compared to stuff like Scum Han Gunner.

Han Gunner is probably #1 in my book, maybe named Punishers, but Trick Shot is the kind of thing which is very potent on any mobile arc, and also tied for the cheapest talent in the game.  Because fixing Trick Shot would help bring a large number of ships into better balance, it seems right to adjust.

I'm not sure variable pricing is needed, because Trick Shot is already unused on ships which don't have an easy time of using it.  It's not like Thane Kyrell is ever going to use it at 1 point, so the effort and complexity of adding a variable price structure to it doesn't seem worthwhile.  Making the thing cost 3 points (1 more than Predator, since it's easier to use and has a stronger effect) isn't going to change significantly whether normal ships tend to use it.

One of the other issues with Trick Shot is the way in which it subverts normally good play.  Most of the time, you want shots against you to be obstructed in X-Wing, and as folks practice more and more X-Wing, they probably put their ships in places where attacks against them will be obstructed out of unconscious habit.  Trick Shot is going to punish good play habits in a way that something like Predator doesn't.  The fact is that it never should have been 0 points in 1e, and 1 point in 2e was always too cheap for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 5:43 AM, SOTL said:

I'm 21-2 with my Scum Han list (not the one above, that's just for lols).

Your list is pretty great. Though I prefer trick shot on all 3 of the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RunnerAZ said:

Your list is pretty great. Though I prefer trick shot on all 3 of the ships.

I'm heading that way.

My changes to Han are draining points and it could be Elusive gives way to Trick Shot on Palob.  I'm in a space where I think I can only pick 2 from 3 upgrades: 4-LOM, 0-0-0 and Elusive.  I'd put Trick Shot on Nym but most of the time he's pointing directly at empty space between rocks wanting to throw bombs so i don't think it would trigger much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SOTL said:

I'm heading that way.

My changes to Han are draining points and it could be Elusive gives way to Trick Shot on Palob.  I'm in a space where I think I can only pick 2 from 3 upgrades: 4-LOM, 0-0-0 and Elusive.  I'd put Trick Shot on Nym but most of the time he's pointing directly at empty space between rocks wanting to throw bombs so i don't think it would trigger much.

I've had success with trickshot on Nym, especially if he is circling a rock in the late game. 

I opted for 4-Lom and 0-0-0. While I don't always use 4-LOM in every game, he is great when I do need to prevent the use of a token or when Han has 1 or 2 ion tokens, and I want to control when I do the ion maneuver.

It wasn't mentioned yet, but Greedo gunner is SO GOOD on Han.  It leverages the opponent giving me initiative when we tie for I-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

It wasn't mentioned yet, but Greedo gunner is SO GOOD on Han.  It leverages the opponent giving me initiative when we tie for I-6.

Han is the only pilot he's good on. IF the Lancer had a gunner slot you could add Heightened Perception Ventress to that list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Han is the only pilot he's good on. IF the Lancer had a gunner slot you could add Heightened Perception Ventress to that list...

Greedo is alright on Kavil, but Han is just so much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Risky but doable.

Risky for sure, but with dorsal turret and R5-P8 you have a fun, cheap gunship. Han gunner and r4 are straight up better though, because then you can double mod torpedoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×