Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

If you look in IMDB, Morrison has been assigned to Boba, not Rex. I know they are the same DNA, but Rex was programmed to grow faster than Boba. It will be harsh to make 2 ages for the same actor.

They have been getting better at it over the years. The Tron sequel had a entire movie with that, and the Ep. 9 had old ghost Luke and Leia and a flashback with younger Luke and Leia.

Edited by kris40k

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, kris40k said:

They have been getting better at it over the years. The Tron sequel had a entire movie with that, and the Ep. 9 had old ghost Luke and a flashback with younger Luke and Leia.

This was pretty well done. 

The challenge to make the actor to become Boba or Rex is much easier, because the age difference is not that big. BTW, if Boba is in the series, we don't even know if he will take his helmet off.

Edited by Odanan

Oh yeah, I forgot about Civil War

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

BTW, if Boba is in the series, we don't even know if he will take his helmet off.

I honestly think it would be a shame if they didn't. I mean, we know he was an unaltered clone of Jango (and some of the Mandolorian's have a thing about removing their helmet), but it would be cool to establish it visually. 

It was heavily implied that Boba Fett left his armor behind in the first Aftermath book.  

Also, I really hope they don't end up making The Mandalorian turn into Clone Wars season 8 or Rebels season 6.  I hope these folks all just show up  during the procedural type episodes they had last year and The Mandalorian stays its own thing.  If they were able to keep these castings a secret until after filming had wrapped I'm guessing that is the case.

I loved the other two shows, just for the record, and I completely trust those in charge.  But now we have nothing to do but stay at home and worry.

1 hour ago, Whalers on the moon said:

Also, I really hope they don't end up making The Mandalorian turn into Clone Wars season 8 or Rebels season 6.  I hope these folks all just show up  during the procedural type episodes they had last year and The Mandalorian stays its own thing.

From what I read about the Rosario Dawson casting on Screen Rant and Deadline, she was going to have "a guest role" in The Mandalorian, and "its not a series regular role."

So, no worries about Rebels/Clone Wars taking over the show.

23 hours ago, kris40k said:

From what I read about the Rosario Dawson casting on Screen Rant and Deadline, she was going to have "a guest role" in The Mandalorian, and "its not a series regular role."

So, no worries about Rebels/Clone Wars taking over the show.

This is good. Makes me think even more that this is going to be a flashback thing, but it could be Ahsoka and Sabine making a pit stop on the Ezra hunt. Flashbacks could be stuff about the history of the darksaber, or maybe it would be about the Great Purge, whatever that is.

We got flashbacks in the 1st season, so I would put my money on it that we will get some again. 

I still would love an explanation on who the group protecting baby Yoda in the 1st episode were, but I fear it will be one of those story holes that well never get answered. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t mind a cameo for the audience sake but I really don’t want Rebels/TCW taking over The Mandalorian.

Bo Katan makes perfect sense. So does Rex to some degree since he does share some of the Mandalorian heritage. 

Ahsoka? I guess I’m just salty she survived Vader, not because I dislike Ahsoka but because that duel was such a perfect ending to her character.

Edited by Forresto

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Forresto said:

Ahsoka? I guess I’m just salty she survived Vader, not because I dislike Ahsoka but because that duel was such a perfect ending to her character.

Yes, that should have been her end. If they introduce Vader in Rebels why not show what an evil person he's become? By killing somebody perhaps? But instead he walks around doing essentially nothing and giving us no indication of why the Dark Side of the Force is supposed to be so powerful.

He should have killed Kanan too, but instead we got a silly exploding gas canister.

The less of Rebels and and Clone Wars in the Manalorian, the better, from my perspective. This series should leave that vapid filler behind. 

(Edit: Ok, those series were aimed at kids, so not having scary character killing nice character is part of the deal.)

Edited by Rossetti1828

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, Barbaross41 said:

Just a thought:  Is the woman that Din gives his rifle to...  Iden Versio?

I'm assuming your talking about the woman in the village they help defend?

No. Iden is the daughter of Garrick Versio, an ISB Admiral.

If you're talking about someone in the Imperial Remnant forces for which I can't remember a scene where that happened, also no.

In either case, she had already defected by the time this story starts.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark