Sign in to follow this  
cwh008

misprints worth money?

is this like baseball cards where misprinted cards are worth more?

my scum conversion kit had the cardboard page with Nym on it badly misprinted, to the point they cannot be used (although the tokens can and just look badly off center.  

Just now, player2422845 said:

Today? Absolutely not.

In 1 year? Absolutely not.

In 10 year? Absolutely not.

In 20 year? Maybe not.

In 50 year? Priceless.

Depends on how the series and wargaming in general are perceived. If the demand is low enough and the perception of the genre negative enough you could very easily find that priceless=valueless.

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Depends on how the series and wargaming in general are perceived. If the demand is low enough and the perception of the genre negative enough you could very easily find that priceless=valueless.

I am trying to be cheerful. With time, even the most awkward thing can becomes collector.  But you are right.

Also, try to always collect things that have value to you.

I don't care about any card of xwing, exceptt " push the limits", this not reflect the speculation value, just the memory of a moment that is totally personal.

But seriously, if you have bad cardboards, you should contact ffg for replacement.

Well that depends, I guess if it is possible lets take a look at a similar case.

Anyone know of any Magic or Pokemon misprints that are worth value? If so then it is possible.

I know of an old Decipher Star Trek (1st ed.) misprint that has no value. So if the game is not popular than likely not, it would be like getting a broken unpopular toy. So we know it is possible for the card to have no additional value as a defective product.

Mtg missprints are ALWAYS worth sth, should be the case here too. Show img so we can speculate on price.

edit: oh it's a cardboard, not the card. Prolly nothing then. 

Edited by Zura

X-Wing collectors that I know of (and are few and far between) are only interested in models and sealed product. Since nobody is collecting the chits just for the sake of owning chits, there's no added value here, since people who collect chits are usually doing so to play games with them.