Sign in to follow this  
Cuz05

The Grand Inquisitor

Using him at home with Supernatural and Prockets. Such a ridiculously entertaining ship, just absolute joy to zip about with.

But, 77pts and super squishy is all fine and dandy if you have another 300pts on the table or are just stomping AI TIEs. Every time I try to build a list with him to take out for proper games, I just can't work around that price tag and fragility. Even running him pruned back, I can't seem to justify him. Going to be bringing him along for some casual play to test him out but suffering some head scratching. He's obviously not turning up on streams and so on, so there's clearly issues/better options. But what if you're stubborn?

He's gonna need some meat alongside him but I don't fancy buying into the bomber meta....

So, are you using him? How? Is he worth it? Etc etc.

General thoughts on the skinny bald guy with the snazzy sabre?

If you want stubbornly play it and dont mind if you have tough games ahed, I would recommend try this :)

(58) Grand Inquisitor
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(5) Collision Detector
(7) Proton Rockets
Points 82

(37) Rho Squadron Pilot
(0) Xg-1 Assault Configuration
(5) Ion Cannon
(1) Trick Shot
(3) Advanced SLAM
(3) Fire-Control System
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 58

(37) Rho Squadron Pilot
(5) Ion Cannon
(1) Trick Shot
(3) Advanced SLAM
(3) Fire-Control System
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 58

Total points: 198

6 minutes ago, Green Doo said:

If you want stubbornly play it and dont mind if you have tough games ahed, I would recommend try this :)

(58) Grand Inquisitor
(12) Supernatural Reflexes
(5) Collision Detector
(7) Proton Rockets
Points 82

(37) Rho Squadron Pilot
(5) Ion Cannon
(1) Trick Shot
(3) Advanced SLAM
(3) Fire-Control System
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 58

(37) Rho Squadron Pilot
(5) Ion Cannon
(1) Trick Shot
(3) Advanced SLAM
(3) Fire-Control System
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 58

Total points: 198

Perfect! It is exactly what It need IMO. Lot of HP, consistent damage, the opponent will struggle to choose between chassing the inq, or  dodging rhos...

I haven’t found him that squishy. Supernatural and FCS, maybe with Concussion Missiles if you have the pts. 

He plays so differently that he used to. Supernatural boost or roll link into focus, green move take and action. You might need to a get a Lock up for FCS, or an Evade against long range shots or a boost or roll up dodge an arc. 

You should be trying go stay at range 1 all the time for 3 dice attacks that have great mods, and if you get caught in arc you can always dump your second force point to deny a range bonus. 

The Grand Inquisitor will deliver a savage Proton Rocket and In the appeal but it is a lot of pts. I’m happy with no missile but the Concussion does at least give you the old Inquisitor back three times a game without spending a force point. 

I think the trickiest thing is what to pair him with. I can keep him alive through to the end of the game but if he losing wingmen too fast and has to solo things he won’t do it fast enough. He can’t take a swarm with him, the shuttle doesn’t do enough, he’s too expensive to have Punisher friends. 

So the lists I’ve tried just don’t pack enough punch with him, but in general I think he is much more fun to fly than Vader and far more survivable. 

1 hour ago, player2422845 said:

Perfect! It is exactly what It need IMO. Lot of HP, consistent damage, the opponent will struggle to choose between chassing the inq, or  dodging rhos...

My experience is that opponent usually goes after Inquisitor, but with all the tricks in his sleeve, he can be effective bait. In knife fighting scenarios he is superb and setting up prockets isn't really hard.

Gunboat are just simply amazing.

The Rho list looks great. I just have none :D

It exactly the kind of support I think he needs though.

Agreed on R1, @DodgingArcs, he is just brilliant there. Part of the issue I have with points is in also wanting something of a bid. I've not seen a lot of I6 but there's a lot of competition at I5.

Missile wise, possibly the best thing to drop. Not massively fussed about adding Concs, I want him in at R1 asap. Prockets are fantastic and have the added bonus of delivering a proper punch before a potential quick exit, but I wonder if leaving them off would actually help draw a bit of early heat off him. Certainly frees up a decent amount of points. 

Been looking at this. I really, really wanted Vader on Whisper but it means slimming Redline down too much to be truly effective. 

TIE Advanced v1 - •Grand Inquisitor - 70
    •Grand Inquisitor - Master of the Inquisitorious (58)
        Supernatural Reflexes (12)

TIE/ph Phantom - •“Whisper” - 56
    •“Whisper” - Soft-Spoken Slayer (52)
        Juke (4)

TIE/ca Punisher - •“Redline” - 66
    •“Redline” - Adrenaline Junkie (44)
        Advanced Sensors (8)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)
        Cluster Missiles (5)

Total: 192/200

This probably isn't competitive but it's super fun to fly:

Force ?

(58) Grand Inquisitor
(3) Fire-Control System
(3) Homing Missiles
Points 64

(48) Seventh Sister
(3) Fire-Control System
(3) Homing Missiles
Points 54

(70) Darth Vader
(3) Fire-Control System
(3) Homing Missiles
Points 76

Total points: 194

What's better then 1 or 2 force users....

3 force users!!