Sign in to follow this  
ricoratso

CIS Examples and feedback

16 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

i don't like the idea of flotilla stuff in X-wing. leave it in armada.

however, as the ship is so small, perhaps they can package 2 Vulture Droid fighters in the same package and price point as an X-wing. making it easier to set up a proper swarm.

given that the Clone Wars show has the droids operating independently fro ma control ship, and even having personalities, i can see them having to deal with stress. (which really, is just a case of having to devote your attention to flying and away from anything else.. something that droids would be vulnerable to just as much as organic pilots)

however i could see them having fewer red maneuvers on their dial in general.

I've honestly always thought that TIE/ln, Z95, and M3A should have come in two-packs from the start.

57 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

If the Droid Starfighters have a white dial entirely it would be interesting to see them having a ship ability like Overclocked Systems that causes them to take Ion tokens instead of stress tokens, something that would mess with them the following turn since they would be actionless. And with a full white dial they could balance it by having the craft have some red actions which means the player has to figure out when to chance those actions. 

Can I like this twice? No?

Well here. Now I can. 

Vulture droid fighter needs attack of 2. honestly the 2/3/2/0 statline works for them. just bundle it with actions and ship ability that maximizes its arc dodging potential. maybe use the autothrusters ship ability off the TIE Interceptor.. letting you basically performed a linked red roll or boost of any of its normal actions.

so call it 2/3/2/0, with calculate, evade, barrel roll, and boost actions, and the autothruster ship ability. fragile, but really good at arc-dodging to avoid being hit.

this would also drive the point cost of the individual vulture droids up enough that a swarm shouldn't be all that large.

the trick would be to come up with variations. since you don't have unique pilots, i'd say that instead you'd have variants.. so a basic model would have say, just a system slot. then you'd have a attack version with sensor and missile slots. maybe a unique command variant that gets a special ability boosting other ships within say, range 0-2. etc. i'm sure using that approach you can come up with at least 4 variants.

trifighter i'd say should get something like 3/2/3/0.. and a Device slot+sensor slot, so it can take trajectory simulator and a "buzz droid' bomb device. (rather than make buzz droids a missile type)

Edited by mithril2098

13 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

trifighter i'd say should get something like 3/2/3/0.. and a Device slot+sensor slot, so it can take trajectory simulator and a "buzz droid' bomb device. (rather than make buzz droids a missile type

I think you have vulture droid and tri-fighter droids a little mixed up. Tri-fighters were smaller, faster, more nimble and more heavily armed than vultures, and both could utilize discord missiles. 3 agility and linked actions on Tri-fighters is almost a given. In X-Wing agility is a combination of size, speed and mobility...

Discord missiles (buzz droids) should definitely be a missile.

I really don't think 2 hull is going to happen. It's so incredibly unreliable that taking the ship would not be worth it.

I hope we get the droid gunship eventually as well. Either there or on the Hyena bomber is where we might potentially see sensors (and then trajectory simulator), but also might not at all.

5 hours ago, Raithnor said:

This is a good primer on ships of the CIS:

It's a good start but misses some cool stuff (because the creator made a choice to keep it to a specific number and try to match them to common archetypes).

The droid gunship is one I'd very much like to see. I'd see it as medium base 2FWD/2BOWTRT/1AG/5H/3S, sensor slot, 2 missile slots, calculate, lock, reload>calculate, and some ability related to reload and calculate allowing a shot (maybe only allowed with a primary?). (Also, maybe only unidirectional turret.)

Also, I think the Nantex is my least-desired ship in XWTMG. More so  than weird stuff like the T-Wing.

26 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

Please god not 3/3/3/0 at that price point. That is incredible power creep, especially with the all-white/blue dial that some are discussing in here. That's insane at a price point below TIE fighters.

This thread is a mishmash of ideas and hopes. I doubt the vulture will be a 3/3/3/0 or all that much cheaper than a TIE/IN even as a 2/3/2/0 as I suggested. The Tri-fighter (the likely 3/3/3/0) will likely be high 20s to mid 30s. A normal style mixed dial would work fine for the droid fighters (see Guri, the IG-88s, L3-37, and AP-1 for how FFG sets up droid ships). Don't stress too much on what you're seeing here. :) Unless it is another suggestion of dragging over squadron/flotilla style bases from Armada... Grrr... Lol.

1 hour ago, mithril2098 said:

droid gunship was an atmospheric craft. at best they'd probably only do short hops in space for deployment.

The Droid and Republic gunships were likely mostly meant for dropping off troops, but unlike the U-Wing they were built with weapons to still be able to reliably fight either in the air or space. The Droid Gunship here seems to do fairly well.

16 hours ago, Bucknife said:

I love this topic!!

All white dials with no reds AND no blues. 

So it's free k-turns, but the minute they do something dumb and thread a debris cloud, no more actions and/or ship ability (something dependant on NOT being stressed).

500?cb=20090310163219

Special Action - Remove 1 Stress Token

Well as for clone war era ships, these we already have confirmed

• Jedi Starfighter (from announcement)
  • Sith Infiltrator (from announcement)
  • ARC-170 (Since Rebel Alliance one is already out)

Here are a few that we can be all but certain will be released.

• Naboo N1 
  • Vulture Droid Fighter
  • Clone Gunship

Here are a few that are hopeful but no guarantees

• Y-wing (Clone Wars)
  • Z-95 Headhunter
  • Droid-Trifighter

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Well as for clone war era ships, these we already have confirmed

• Jedi Starfighter (from announcement)
  • Sith Infiltrator (from announcement)
  • ARC-170 (Since Rebel Alliance one is already out)

Here are a few that we can be all but certain will be released.

• Naboo N1 
  • Vulture Droid Fighter
  • Clone Gunship

Here are a few that are hopeful but no guarantees

• Y-wing (Clone Wars)
  • Z-95 Headhunter
  • Droid-Trifighter

I think we might treat Vulture as confirmed:

op066_spread.png

but regarding the rest, the question isn't "if" but "when", I'm certain every suitable movie and TCW ship will find its way to X-wing sooner or later. "Hopeful but no guarantees" would be more obscure EU ships.

21 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

For me, my republic hopefuls include the V-19 Torrent and the ETA-2. They're both Canon, so I think they will likely show up at some point.

V19 is one of my favorite starfighters in all StarWars...right behind ARC.

Thank you, original clone wars cartoon. ;)

latest?cb=20080814022626

I've been saying awhile that the Vulture should have a 3 die Bullseye at low inititive, with a 2 die foward primary. No complicated ship abilities on a ship that's going to be spammed, just a line in space that enemies dont want to end up on. Compared to a Tie fighter, they pay for this utility with a tax on higher init pilots (who can actually use the bullsys and not get "neat trick!"-ed) and only getting single calculate tokens on 3 agility.

Statline: \2/|3|3/3/0
Actions: Calculate, Lock, Evade, Boost
Pilots:
(24)Beacon Slavelink- Init 1, Missile slot, mod slot
(28)Independant Droid- Init 3, Talent slot, Missile slot, Mod slot
(32)*Squadron Relay Model- Init 3, Talent, Missile, Mod, Pilot ability (When you become calculated, all ships with calculate at range 0-2 may perform a calculate action. When you become Jammed, all ships with Calculate at range 0-2 gain a jam token.
(40)*Advanced Prototype Model- Init 5, Talent, Talent, Missile, Mod, Mod, Pilot ability (after you perform an action, you may gain a calculate token)

Edited by Rakaydos

5 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

I've been saying awhile that the Vulture should have a 3 die Bullseye at low inititive, with a 2 die foward primary. No complicated ship abilities on a ship that's going to be spammed, just a line in space that enemies dont want to end up on. Compared to a Tie fighter, they pay for this utility with a tax on higher init pilots (who can actually use the bullsys and not get "neat trick!"-ed) and only getting single calculate tokens on 3 agility.

Statline: \2/|3|3/3/0
Actions: Calculate, Lock, Evade, Boost
Pilots:
(24)Beacon Slavelink- Init 1, Missile slot, mod slot
(28)Independant Droid- Init 3, Talent slot, Missile slot, Mod slot
(32)*Squadron Relay Model- Init 3, Talent, Missile, Mod, Pilot ability (When you become calculated, all ships with calculate at range 0-2 may perform a calculate action. When you become Jammed, all ships with Calculate at range 0-2 gain a jam token.
(40)*Advanced Prototype Model- Init 5, Talent, Talent, Missile, Mod, Mod, Pilot ability (after you perform an action, you may gain a calculate token)

suggestion.. link a red barrel roll to the Evade, to reflect how the fighter is supposed to be very agile.. and instead of two entries for the attack value, just make it a ship ability that they get an extra red dice when a target is inside their bullseye arc. simplifies the card some without changing the result there.

14 hours ago, mithril2098 said:

suggestion.. link a red barrel roll to the Evade, to reflect how the fighter is supposed to be very agile.. and instead of two entries for the attack value, just make it a ship ability that they get an extra red dice when a target is inside their bullseye arc. simplifies the card some without changing the result there.

The linked action would drive up the point value- it may end up closer to the Awing or Scyk. I'm not opposed, but it does affect it's identity as a swarm ship.

I like the idea of the Vulture having the 2/3/2/0 stat line and keeping it really cheap. After the loss of 1 hull and losing Focus for Calculate compared to the TIE Fighter, the cost I'd imagine would be somewhere in the high teens and could make it easy to fit cheap miniswarms alongside more expensive aces/large bases. For example, using Imperials as reference, you could fit 4 18pt (just throwing out a number here) Vultures alongside Soontir Fel and Darth Vader with a few spare points for upgrades. And with lists being limited to 8 ships max, there's no worry about managing huge Vulture swarms.

500?cb=20110917153855

It could definitely wait till after the important stuff like Vultures, Hyenas, Tri-Fighters, Rogue-classes, and the Belbullab-22, but I hope we get the Trident-class Assault Ship eventually. I'd love to have the large ones on a large base to tower over enemy ships, but while it could possibly fit within that space width/length-wise, it'd be pretty top heavy and unwieldly with its tentacles. The large variant is listed as 88m long, and while that's presumably while horizontal & including tentacles, that'd still make it a ship twice as tall as the VCX is long. Odds are if we see a miniature made for it, it'll be the smaller variant Asajj used.

Its got sufficient named pilots for it (Grievous, Asajj Ventress, Riff Tamson), it'd provide another crew carrier for the CIS, and you get to put space squids on the mat. If it were released after Huge Ships are integrated in 2.0, we could also get some fun unique upgrades targeting Huge Ships.

Edited by Enigami

13 minutes ago, Enigami said:

I like the idea of the Vulture having the 2/3/2/0 stat line and keeping it really cheap. After the loss of 1 hull and losing Focus for Calculate compared to the TIE Fighter, the cost I'd imagine would be somewhere in the high teens and could make it easy to fit cheap miniswarms alongside more expensive aces/large bases. For example, using Imperials as reference, you could fit 4 18pt (just throwing out a number here) Vultures alongside Soontir Fel and Darth Vader with a few spare points for upgrades. And with lists being limited to 8 ships max, there's no worry about managing huge Vulture swarms.

500?cb=20110917153855

It could definitely wait till after the important stuff like Vultures, Hyenas, Tri-Fighters, Rogue-classes, and the Belbullab-22, but I hope we get the Trident-class Assault Ship eventually. I'd love to have the large ones on a large base to tower over enemy ships, but while it could possibly fit within that space width/length-wise, it'd be pretty top heavy and unwieldly with its tentacles. The large variant is listed as 88m long, and while that's presumably while horizontal & including tentacles, that'd still make it a ship twice as tall as the VCX is long. Odds are if we see a miniature made for it, it'll be the smaller variant Asajj used.

It's got sufficient named pilots for it (Grievous, Asajj Ventress, Riff Tamson), it'd provide another crew carrier for the CIS, and you get to put space squids on the mat. If it were released after Huge Ships are integrated in 2.0, we could also get some fun unique upgrades targeting Huge Ships.

Not a fan of the design but it ending up in game wouldn't bother me. I do have one small question though, where the **** are the 8 laser cannons the wiki states it has mounted at. I can't for the life of me find them in any of the renderings I've seen of them.

5 hours ago, Enigami said:

500?cb=20110917153855

Its got sufficient named pilots for it (Grievous, Asajj Ventress, Riff Tamson), it'd provide another crew carrier for the CIS, and you get to put space squids on the mat. If it were released after Huge Ships are integrated in 2.0, we could also get some fun unique upgrades targeting Huge Ships.

I will only accept this ship in the game if and only if it has movable tentacles to fiddle with and pose.