Sign in to follow this  
Raahk

Guardians of the Abyss

Just for information, I don't know if this information is really correct, But I look many time at the " upcoming" section of the spanish website of FFG, because they give release date more speedly than the american one, and are almost all the time correct. All this for told you that " Guardian of abyss" is in for november the 30th. So more sooner than we could think ^^ Pretty good news if this is real ;)

In germany it is already available.. don't know why or how this is possible.

My copy is waiting for me at work but i am on vacation till next week :angry: 

Okay then i have weird news. I have received my copy YESTERDAY

Which leads me to a question.  As it is a Standalone scenario, may i spend XP after the first scenario before going into the Nights ursuper eben though i went in with a 19xp Standalone-deck?

Edited by Raahk

3 hours ago, Raahk said:

Okay then i have weird news. I have received my copy YESTERDAY

Which leads me to a question.  As it is a Standalone scenario, may i spend XP after the first scenario before going into the Nights ursuper eben though i went in with a 19xp Standalone-deck?

Wait, wait, as in your copy of Guardians of the Abyss with both scenarios in it?

Ach so... I wonder if it's the distributors jumping the gun, then?

Either way, I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your initial question - is there no mention of it in the scenario setup cards that come with the scenarios (e.g. on the "Standalone Mode" card for Night's Usurper)?

In the german asmodee forum is an explanation for all of this.

It seems the german translated version was shipped early and the stores should hold on to it till 30.11 before selling / shipping it to customers.

That is strange.. i did not receive an email. I checked the site of the shop i got it from and now its says ready for pre-order and 29.11 is set as expected date of availability.

It feels really a bit strange.. although mine is sitting at work and i haven't even seen it yet.

Mind.  Blown.

I would have said that it should have hit stores in June/July.  We're talking about this right?

ahc27_box.png

Which is "a standalone scenario that features both the Gen Con 2018 and Arkham Nights 2018 scenarios for Arkham Horror: The Card Game".  It contains both The Eternal Slumber and The Night's Usurper.

On the other hand, Shattered Aeons (the final Mythos Pack of The Forgotten Age cycle) is still "In Development." Maybe Guardians of the Abyss will be the November release and we'll have to wait until December for Shattered Aeons.

As ever, the 'upcoming' page isn't to be trusted - in the past, someone's rung FFG, asked for it to be updated for accuracy and that's been done. It's not an accurate representation of where their products are or what state of development they're in.

On 10/17/2018 at 12:48 AM, Raahk said:

The german release of shattered aeons is supposed to be the last week of november

and so is Guardians of the Abyss (Wächter des Abgrunds)