Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf_

Will LotR LCG get lower quality boxes as well?

Out of curiosity, now that the core has a smaller box like Arkham LCG, do you think that LotR future expansions will also get flimsy cart-boxes like the latter? Those are way smaller than the current thick ones we get and open from the side only. I usually store an entire cycle in its corresponding deluxe box. It would be kinda annoying if FFG breaks the tradition here.. Unfortunately it seems that this will be the case, since every other LCG already works like that... 

Edited by Gandalf_

7 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

How do you fit the cards from it and the entire cycle in the deluxe box?! I guess you threw out the silly (but pretty:wub:) insert.

That's what I do (but have kept the inserts as potential backdrops for tabletop RPG scenery). 

54 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

Rubber bands can damage cards if left on too long (some of my older games are proof).  Fortunately hair bands (plastibands) that won't damage cards are easily accessible from the local dollar store.  I use them on all my encounter/quest cards

I've heard of that solution before, but was skeptical. Do they really not damage cards? What's the longest you've used them without wear?

I've been using plastibands for at least five years and haven't seen any wear on cards (I use bands that have no metal parts).  However, the stretching can take a toll on the bands themselves; they won't return to their original size after being long-used for decks, and I've replaced a number of bands that no longer hold a deck firmly.  But they're cheap, so I don't worry too much about that.  I use them for all my games where I store cards as a deck or decks.

That's nice. However, personally, I like keeping the encounters cards from boxes and cycles in their corresponding box. Then you just pick the one you want to play from your shelf. 

23 minutes ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Because those are plain white, and made of cardboard.

Fair enough. I was referring more to the ease of access to your cards standing vertical. Add dividers (people on BGG have made them) to separate into various categories and you have a great solution.

3 hours ago, Stewart777 said:

I was referring more to the ease of access to your cards standing vertical. Add dividers (people on BGG have made them) to separate into various categories and you have a great solution.

Very true. I wanted so badly to store the cards like this in the deluxe boxes, but they just don't have the capacity.