Sign in to follow this  
ViscerothSWG

Does 2.0 N'dru need a missile?

In 1.0, N'dru seemed to always have a munition on board. 

Can a Lone Wolf N'dru be effective in 2.0 without a missile? 

Homing misses has 4 dice but needs a TL and you're pretty much guaranteed only 1 damage per charge. With Lone Wolf active plus a focus he seems more flexible as long as he can pull his weight.

What's the best N'dru to field?

I haven't tried him in 2.0 yet, but since FFG changed his ability to only work with the primary attack I'm less inclined to put a missile on him.  I kind of wish he was I5 rather than I4 too but he is riding a cheap Z-95.

On the cheap side I might just do Expert Handling on N'Dru.  If I want to spend some points, Afterburners and Elusive or Outmaneuver.  2H/2S is kind of squishy to put very many points into though.

Cheap three atk. Wouldn't go for more than expert handling. 

I like the escape craft cheap as well. Tactical officer and maybe composure (which doesn't work on L3-37). Lando is good. 

Edited by flooze

59 minutes ago, flooze said:

Cheap three atk. Wouldn't go for more than expert handling. 

I like the escape craft cheap as well. Tactical officer and maybe composure (which doesn't work on L3-37). Lando is good. 

Yep he is a cheap 3 dice attack pretty cool. 

N'dru - 31 points needs to be all alone (z-95)
Scourge - 32 points needs bullseye (Tie)
Gideon Husk- 30 points needs the target to be damage (tie)

Seems pretty on balance with the other offerings at the same initiative (well scourge is I5 as opposed to the I4 of the other 2) and similar constrained 3 dice attack die ships on the cheap.

If you put any more points on him you just end up in a situation where you should have taken another ship. It only takes 9 more points to get up into Kiraxz fighter land, yes you drop to initiative 2 but you get 3 dice all the time,  your barrel roll turns white, and you get +1hp.... 

2 hours ago, JasonCole said:

Yeah, N'Dru without his bonus applying to all attacks got neutered heavily. A 3atk dice ndru just means he's out there floating around on his own, waiting to melt.

not really, putting the points for a missile on him just guaranteed he died right away without ever shooting and losing those points. In the entire time he was released I played against him probably a dozen times and he never once got a missile off on me. Putting a missile on him in first edition was a trap, wasted points. (it's never good to pump extra points into a fragile ship)

Now, I am sad the option was taken away because options are good and his bonus being applied to missiles was really not anything that made him overpowered. 

I love the look/idea of N'Dru.   But Everytime I build a list with him in it, I have a hard time keeping the Z in rather than Sunny Bounder.    Better Defense, similar offense (slightly weaker probably, but no range limitation).  and a better blocker at I1 vs I4.  

Lone Wolf N'Dru is definitely better than Sunny, a cheap flanker piece.    but at 31 pts, I'd usually pick Sunny

3 hours ago, Icelom said:

putting the points for a missile on him just guaranteed he died right away without ever shooting and losing those points. In the entire time he was released I played against him probably a dozen times and he never once got a missile off on me. Putting a missile on him in first edition was a trap, wasted points. (it's never good to pump extra points into a fragile ship)

My experience of running him with VI and a missile was the exact opposite of just about everything you’ve stated. 

2 hours ago, Vargas79 said:

My experience of running him with VI and a missile was the exact opposite of just about everything you’ve stated. 

Ditto. VI Glitterstim Chips and a Concussion Missile was 24 points of hot blooded murder. Ignore him at your peril, a fully modded 5 dice missile attack was gross in 1.0

10 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Proton Rockets are a thing, and they are range 1-2, though bullseye only. That’s be the only missile worth considering, I’d think.

Single charge, bullseye only, and don't benefit from his ability. So probably not.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:24 AM, JasonCole said:

Ditto. VI Glitterstim Chips and a Concussion Missile was 24 points of hot blooded murder. Ignore him at your peril, a fully modded 5 dice missile attack was gross in 1.0

Same experience for me. Opponent decided to keep the TwoTubes X-wing pointed at my main group, so he was one-shotted by my GlitterstimGCCluster N'Dru.