Dafydd

2.0 release schedule

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to play X-Wing with the 2.0 release. I can't see any upcoming expansions on the FFG release schedule, has there been anything said about when new ships will be released for 2.0?

FO and Resistance conversion kits are listed as at the printer, rest of Wave II is in development. They're due out together before the end of the year (according to the latest articles...)

Since your new I think it's appropriate to mention that FFG is notoriously vague when it comes to release schedules, and often releases are a quarter behind the initial announcement. X-wing 2.0 has been on time so far though so there's hope.

However, I see that the conversion kits are listed as at the printer, and the new ships don't appear as at the printer yet. And then they still have the boat ride. So I would not be surprised if they miss being ready for Christmas. 

If you want to stick to playing the 2.0 format, and want to play rebels and imperials, you might be waiting a while for new content. 
But the 2.0 ships are slightly more expensive than the 1.0 ships, so if you plan on getting any of them when they are released, it may actually be cheaper to but them and a conversion kit (if you buy a sufficient quantity). 

Am I being unbelievably dense? I can't see anything for X-Wing on the Upcoming list - I'm assuming it would come under Miniatures Games?

***EDIT*** Interesting... it appears FFG categorises X-Wing under Board & Card Games, not Miniatures Games, in the Upcoming list, but under Miniatures on the forum.

16 minutes ago, Desmothenes44 said:

If you want to stick to playing the 2.0 format, and want to play rebels and imperials, you might be waiting a while for new content. 
But the 2.0 ships are slightly more expensive than the 1.0 ships, so if you plan on getting any of them when they are released, it may actually be cheaper to but them and a conversion kit (if you buy a sufficient quantity). 

I've thought about that, there's no shortage of 1st Ed ships available locally. It's just a question of whether I'll be wanting to buy enough ships before their 2.0 equivalents come out to make it worth getting the conversion kit instead of just waiting.

FWIW I'm not looking at collecting multiple factions at this point, just Rebellion and maybe Scum for now.

Edited by Dafydd

50 minutes ago, Desmothenes44 said:

The next wave is supposed to be in November or December. This will include 1 ship for scum, 2 for Resistance, and 2 for First Order.

What's the second First Order ship?

November release?!? Usually X-wing expansions spends 3 months or more "on the boat" and considering wave 2.0 is listed to still be at the printer, I can only assume Amodee have been shopping...

Edited by RedHotDice