TBot

Traj Sim too cheap?

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Which was a GENIUS problem, not trajsim.

He caused far more problems than just that one which is why he got super-nerfed almost instantly.

So much this. Basically, in 2.0, if you get caught by a trajectory stimulated bomb, you've done this to yourself by not paying attention. They're more effective (to me) as a deterrent and area denial as opposed to actual damage output.

Traj Sims now are fine as being limited to the systems phase removed the worst of the cancer

The bigger problemo seems to be either redline or people not understanding the impact a bomb has on your game

When you get down to it, a single point of guaranteed damage is potent but generally less so than the protorp follow up

So, what you do is play range control and just DIVE right into that bomb to block redline

Did so with a barrage bomber, took a direct hit. Then redline got murdered in a round having never fired a single torp

Still lost because of bull dice regarding an invincible blocked rexlar v poor cant-catch-a-break Vynder two turns in a ******* row...but traj Sims were never the problem 

Edited by ficklegreendice

22 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Which was a GENIUS problem, not trajsim.

He caused far more problems than just that one which is why he got super-nerfed almost instantly.

And Genius was worded in 2.0 to not work with Trajsim as a result.

It was a combination of problems with perfect information being one of the most powerful reasons. 

Bombs have moved from a legitimate offensive threat in 1.0 using perfect board state to a true area of denial control element. 

Edited by viedit

I've literally only been hit by trajsim bombs I've fired in second edition, unless I've specifically chosen to risk the bomb damage in exchange for a ship killing shot.  Usually ones which didn't hit anyone but me.

They're easy to avoid as long as you remember them, because they can only go in one place that you know about before you set dials.

Nope thats how i feel too.

It allows bombs to actually be deadly without making them a super problem.

Unless your opponent eats a bomb to bump you into the bomb, or drops a mine right on your head, you should never take damage from a device ideally. But the area denial....oh the area denial....

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

nobody complained about trajsim in 1.0 when you could launch with a high PS and make it literally unavoidable.
Why is it suddenly a problem? When it goes off before anybody moves?

This is a game of predictions, expect the bomb and fly accordingly. If that means disengaging, then disengage and then come back later.

Be glad bombletts cant cause crits anymore lol

Lol, multitudes complained. Krayts were studying tournament data to prove the drop in attendance of events over this combo. 

i have literally never, ever seen a complaint about TrajSim except involving Genius in 1.0.

Because without genius, same thing occurred in 1.0 as it is in 2.0 (only the timing is different). Expect the launch and you are fine. Nobody could pre-dial boost to hook the bomb to the side because coordinate ships sucked balls in 1.0 (meaning its possible but you suffered more than you gained to do it) so you simply did not put yourself in that position. The only difference between that and 2.0 is now you KNOW it was launched if you wanna roll or boost, while before you had to predict.
Fenn was the only coordinate ship worth bringing because his was the only one that did something other than coordinate for cheap. But rebel nym was uber rare except with Miranda 2ship list.

My entire local group had the same opinion: if you got hit by trajsim you deserved it. Again, unless someone ate his own bomb to force you to stay in the bomb range you shoudl never get hit by it.

Edited by Vineheart01