Tonbo Karasu

Children of the Empire Spoilers

1 minute ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Hitomi and Yakamo, both duelists and both in the same set........

It's about to go down

More importantly Yakamo with an I laugh at your attempt to duel me ability.  Love the screw you I'm just gonna bid one and not care about the consequences of losing this duel.

55 minutes ago, Saibot said:

What happens if you become more honorable than your opponent as a result of the duel? Can Yakamo then in fact lose the duel?

Since it is a trait rather than activated ability it should constantly be checking the game state so when it comes time to determine who won or lost the duel (which is after dials are revealed and honor is exchanged) it would look at those current totals and determine if his trait is active or not.

9 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I like that French for Composure is Sang-froid :)

I suspect that The Fires of Justice will be the only element-locked card, as Void was 1 card behind the other 4.  Does anyone reckon they can make out the card number on it?

Sorry, with that quality is impossible, and it seems they removed this picture from FFG France webpage. 

What’s interesting, though, is the description in French:

Ce paquet contient 234 nouvelles cartes (5 carter Province, 27 cartes pour chacun des Clans Majeurs et 40 cartes neutres, en trois exemplaires chacun) et 1 feuillet de règles.

Meaning: 234 new cards (5 provinces, 27 cards for each Great Clans and 40 neutral cards, in 3 copies each) and 1 rulebook.

27x7 = 189 clan and 40 neutral cards for a total of 229, and the five provinces makes the 234. 40 cards in 3 copies doesn’t make sense, so I suppose is 13x3=39 cards and 1 more card in just one copy. Which matches FFG initial statement of 6 cards with 1 copy each.

In resume:

- 9 cards per clan

- 13 neutral cards

- 5 provinces

- 1 ? (Neutral stronghold, Toshi Ranbo?)

It seems @Tonbo Karasu initial speculation was right  

Edited by Tabris2k

1 hour ago, Tabris2k said:

Sorry, with that quality is impossible, and it seems they removed this picture from FFG France webpage. 

Ce paquet contient 234 nouvelles cartes (5 carter Province, 27 cartes pour chacun des Clans Majeurs et 40 cartes neutres, en trois exemplaires chacun) et 1 feuillet de règles.

Meaning: 234 new cards (5 provinces, 27 cards for each Great Clans and 40 neutral cards, in 3 copies each) and 1 rulebook.

27x7 = 189 clan and 40 neutral cards for a total of 229, and the five provinces makes the 234. 40 cards in 3 copies doesn’t make sense, so I suppose is 13x3=39 cards and 1 more card in just one copy. Which matches FFG initial statement of 6 cards with 1 copy each.

In resume:

- 9 cards per clan

- 13 neutral cards

- 5 provinces

Well, there's only so many ways that you can split the cards up, and once you have a handful of key ones (like a 5-cost neutral) you're able to split that into definitive chunks which are also able to be studied.

What I am unsure about is Toshi Ranbo.  If I was correct with that, it would have been '6 cartes Province', et seulement '39 cartes neutres'.  Off the top of my head, maybe there's a neutral 1/deck?

54 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

What I am unsure about is Toshi Ranbo.  If I was correct with that, it would have been '6 cartes Province', et seulement '39 cartes neutres'.  Off the top of my head, maybe there's a neutral 1/deck?

Yeah, and also Toshi Ranbo should be Scorpion, so if not counted as a province, would be included in the Clan cards counts, not in the neutrals. 

Maybe the neutral card is a new role of sorts, similar to “Support Of” roles? Or maybe is Hantei XXXVIII, and he will be a “1 per deck” card.

But I wonder where they’re going to fit TR if not in this pack. 

Edited by Tabris2k

5 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Yeah, and also Toshi Ranbo should be Scorpion, so if not counted as a province, would be included in the Clan cards counts, not in the neutrals. 

Maybe the neutral card is a new role of sorts, similar to “Support Of” roles? Or maybe is Hantei XXXVIII, and he will be a “1 per deck” card.

But I wonder where they’re going to fit TR if not in this pack. 

They are offering it as a prize wall card for Kotei events

On 11/10/2018 at 4:53 PM, Tabris2k said:

In resume:

- 9 cards per clan

- 13 neutral cards

- 5 provinces

Maybe a new stronghold? Or maybe some Stronghold will be 1 copy only (no 5 provinces, but 4 and one stronghold).

It will be great if there will be a stronghold for the imperial family :D

Not exactly a spoiler, but this is in the Game Trade Magazine online article:

Children of the Empire ultimately represents a snapshot in time of the Legend of the Five Rings story. Rokugan is rapidly changing, but this Premium Expansion is a celebration of all that has come before.

Players will find plenty of cards in this pack that represent some of the story’s biggest moments. From the Kiku Matsuri celebration that decided the fate of the Unicorn’s Meishōdō magic to the smuggling deal between the Crab and the Mantis, from Matsu Tsuko’s decision to free Doji Kuwanan to the disappearance of Void Elemental Master Isawa Ujina, Rokugan’s recent history is represented over seven different cards, each providing thematic and potent effects.

So we’re getting 7 “story” cards, with those specific moments. 

Phoenix - Subdue the Spirits

Scorp - Miyako’s Undertaking

Crab - In defense of Rokugan 

Lion - Fires of Justice

Unicorn - the kiku matsuri one

Crane - nothing fits here

Dragon - Uuhh... also nothing

So we have the Mantis-crab  deal that can be a Mantis card? Although that’s more than 7 cards. And Ujina is either Phoenix, Scorp or neutral, but Phoenix and Scorp already have a card?

Weird  

1 hour ago, Tabris2k said:

Players will find plenty of cards in this pack that represent some of the story’s biggest moments. From the Kiku Matsuri celebration that decided the fate of the Unicorn’s Meishōdō magic to the smuggling deal between the Crab and the Mantis, from Matsu Tsuko’s decision to free Doji Kuwanan to the disappearance of Void Elemental Master Isawa Ujina, Rokugan’s recent history is represented over seven different cards, each providing thematic and potent effects.

So we’re getting 7 “story” cards, with those specific moments...

So we have the Mantis-crab  deal that can be a Mantis card? Although that’s more than 7 cards. And Ujina is either Phoenix, Scorp or neutral, but Phoenix and Scorp already have a card?

Weird  

Fires of Justice is void locked, so I suspect this is specifically a cycle of 7 role-locked story cards and cards like Subdue the Spirits are just additional story cards outside of the cycle.

1 hour ago, HirumaShigure said:

I'd say the death of Doji Satsume was kind of a big deal. 

But it wasn’t a fiction moment. It happened off-screen, and all moments in cards are things we “saw” happening in the fictions. 

Anyhow, supposedly we have all the moments:

- Tadaka, Tsukune, Kosori fighting the spirits. 

- Doji Kuwanan being handed to Tsuko.

- Miyako infiltrated in the PLS

- Hida Tomato dying to the obsidian Oni.

- Almost-banning of Meishodo during Kiku Matsuri.

- Isawa Ujina disappearance

- Taka and Yoritomo being best bros.

Which are seven cards, but don’t fit all the clans.

So there are either more than seven story cards (and Game Trade Magazine was misinformed), or not all clans are receiving a story card, and some are receiving more than one. Or some clans are receiving story cards not related to their fictions, which is even weirder. 

Edited by Tabris2k

IMG_20181201_222931399.jpg

It seems like the GTM spoiler wasn’t so much of a spoiler after all. 

The only new card is that loyal challenger, and we don’t even get to see his (her?) ability. But with those stats, he (she?) probably has a POL duel  

Oh, also a important thing, GTM list the ship date of CotE as January.

IMG_20181201_125126997.jpg

Edited by Tabris2k