Tonbo Karasu

Children of the Empire Spoilers

13 hours ago, AradonTemplar said:

I like Paragon of Grace a lot. Even non-random discard can hurt, but at random every round is painful, and the stats are still decent if they get Clouded.

Right now, Paragon is pretty bad. I mean, it’s “during a conflict in which this character is participating alone”. Not “only participant on your side”. Which means your opponent has to not declare any participant for the ability to work. 

Hopefully, that’s not how the card is intended to work and they’ll issue an errata. 

58 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Right now, Paragon is pretty bad. I mean, it’s “during a conflict in which this character is participating alone”. Not “only participant on your side”. Which means your opponent has to not declare any participant for the ability to work. 

Hopefully, that’s not how the card is intended to work and they’ll issue an errata. 

Someone sent a mail to Tyler when it was leaked and there will be an errata. :)

20 hours ago, LordBlunt said:

I’m looking at these cards and I’m overwhelmed by the amount of choices (directions?) a given deck will/might be composed of in the near future. 

A part of me can’t handle the nuisances that the various cards will have on my decision making process with my deck design choices, and even more so with my opponents’ decks. 

I might have to stop playing this game as I’m not able to grasp so many complexities with the various decks and just how they might influence my gaming. I’m totally serious. 

Just jam Toturi and prevent everyone from playing anything.

;)

On 2/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Mangod said:

Anybody see what the # on Vassal Fields is? I wanna know if I was right when I claimed that Illustrious Forge was #2.

You were right, and I think I see what happened.  The Provinces are alphabetical but they changed the Air province's name from Chrysanthemum Festival to Kiku Matsuri after numbering them.  This, understandably, threw my analysis out.

23 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

You were right, and I think I see what happened.  The Provinces are alphabetical but they changed the Air province's name from Chrysanthemum Festival to Kiku Matsuri after numbering them.  This, understandably, threw my analysis out.

Well, regardless of what happened, I think we can all agree.

The important thing is that I was right. ;)

On 2/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Well, FLGS have said it won't be in the UK for at least another week, maybe two... :(

Oh boy. And here I had hoped to pick up my English copy tomorrow at my local store..

When it uses the terminology 'initiate a duel' it does imply to choose the duelists from among participating characters, if during a conflict. Old duels that don't say 'initiate a duel' bypass this, so Policy Debate is not restricted to characters within the conflict.

1 hour ago, AradonTemplar said:

When it uses the terminology 'initiate a duel' it does imply to choose the duelists from among participating characters, if during a conflict. Old duels that don't say 'initiate a duel' bypass this, so Policy Debate is not restricted to characters within the conflict.

Except Policy Debate explicitly states to choose participating characters. ;)

Taryu-Jiai on the other hand...

2 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Was there supposed to be a story insert in the CotE box?  I know we've been getting some nice online stories lately, but, I found it a little odd there was no story insert in this large expansion.

No, there is no story insert in the Children of the Empire box. We have gotten this direct from Tyler on the Twitch stream recently, and clarified a couple times online in various places.

22 minutes ago, sndwurks said:

No, there is no story insert in the Children of the Empire box. We have gotten this direct from Tyler on the Twitch stream recently, and clarified a couple times online in various places.

Thanks for the info.  I missed the most recent FFG twitch stream and don't really don't have much interaction on L5R sites outside of this one.