FlyingToaster

No App updates since release?

FFG updated the App on release day or the day after, which gave me hope that the buggy semi-functional mess would actually become a decent product soon.
But now, a few weeks down the line, there have been no updates. If they are a competent development team using Agile development process, they should have a new shippable product ready by now. So why have we not seen an update? Surely they see that updates are sorely needed...

Agreed, that they need to put a lot more effort into the app.

The app is still bug-loaded and gives a bad user-experience. It earned a lot of laughter, when we had our 2nd-Ed-Launch-Event-Tournament and basically were forced to use it. ?

20 hours ago, Icelom said:

There was a second update not to long ago.... not sure on the day.

it still needs many things.

About two weeks ago and it's still in an awful state. So I hope they work on a big update that will fix almost everything, or that they hired some other party to redo it from scratch. The other scenario is that they think it's fine in it's current state ?

14 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

At this point they should just buy Launch Bay Next. 

I hate Launch bay next... I find it extremely cumbersome. Everything is in a sub-selection... I can't tell what the **** sub-selection I am on as every stage looks the same. I find it clunky and awkward and have stopped using it in favor of the official app... and the official app is missing so many features and information its still easier for me to use the launch bay next.

There were some really good First addition apps that roast both the official and launch bay next... that is what is really sad. I would gladly pay for X-wing Squadron Builder for Android by Jesus Galvez it was amazingly good and user-friendly. (things expanded and collapsed, extra information was in simple click popouts (like dial) it was just a nice user experience)

Jesus Galvez if you are out there.... $15 I would pay for that app, unfortunately you probably could not find enough people like me to justify your time for something competing with the official app.

There's been multiple bugfixes and content updates since release  They just haven't been officially announced or credited as a new "version" update i.e. version 1..0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 etc.

As a single example, up until 2 weeks ago the Scyk wasn't saving any secondary weapons assigned to it, now it is.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

There's been multiple bugfixes and content updates since release  They just haven't been officially announced or credited as a new "version" update i.e. version 1..0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 etc.

As a single example, up until 2 weeks ago the Scyk wasn't saving any secondary weapons assigned to it, now it is.

So ninja fixes. That's cool internally, but not that great for customers ?

10 minutes ago, FlyingToaster said:

So ninja fixes. That's cool internally, but not that great for customers 

I'd say a continuous rollout of bugfixes is pretty good for customers actually.  There were a lot of people complaining that the Scyk didn't work properly when the app was released; now it does.  Surely that's a good thing?

Personally I know I'd prefer to see fixes implemented as soon as they're ready rather than having to wait for an official new version of the app.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:20 AM, FTS Gecko said:

If the fixes are to the data rather than to the UI, it might not be considered a new version.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:22 PM, FTS Gecko said:

I'd say a continuous rollout of bugfixes is pretty good for customers actually.  There were a lot of people complaining that the Scyk didn't work properly when the app was released; now it does.  Surely that's a good thing?

How would you know that it works though? 

When I use an app and find an annoying bug, I just mentally chalk it under 'that doesn' t work' and forget about it until seeing some fix announcement. I don't try the thing periodically in case the devs ninja fixed it