Yes. Try and Try Again is after the skill test fails, so Take Heart would have already given it’s benefits before it is returned to your hand.

Edited by Assussanni

No, you cannot. Take Heart triggers in Step 7 of the skill test, just like the card draw on Overpower etc. Try and Try Again triggers at the end of Step 6, as it is a response to the test failing or succeeding. By the time Take Heart would have triggered, it has already been returned to hand and is no longer committed to the skill test.

I have pasted the timing window, the 2 cards, and the relevant FAQ entries. One Golden rule to follow when thinking about how stuff interacts, is if the card has a Reaction or Forced effect, then it activates during Step 6, if it doesn't have that, it activates during Step 7.

So unfortunately Try and Try Again activates during Step 6, which would return Take Heart to your hand before it can activate in Step 7.

No automatic alt text available.Try and Try AgainTake Heart

image.png.b77d5d36957ff4a027fd73802d0409a9.pngimage.png.98ce196b74e835de94e7c9a507368861.png

Not cool, I wish I didn't learned that.

Will go for True survivor then, but I find it really expensive and doesn't work well in my deck.

I really though that was waht the card was designed for...

8 hours ago, vindoq said:

Not cool, I wish I didn't learned that.

Will go for True survivor then, but I find it really expensive and doesn't work well in my deck.

I really though that was waht the card was designed for...

Try and Try Again isn't a very good card, essentially. It's only worth considering for investigators who use a lot of skills, so basically it's only good for Silas Marsh to allow him to stretch use of his ability - and even then you'll probably be fine just using the level 1 version and saving your exp. Minh could use the level 1 version but it's still not really worth using for her.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, rsdockery said:

It's designed for stuff like the upgraded Rabbit's Foot and Look What I Found, where you get bonuses for failing.

I don't see how expd Rabbit's Foot and Try and try again works together. If you want to search for a card, you want to fail hard, so you don't play skill, unless it's Take Heart. If you don't want to fail, and failed by just a little, Rabbit foot's is just another card, not a combo, with Try and try again.

And same for Look What I Found, I will not try to proc it using skill cards. Either I commit skill cards and want to succeed (usually perception) or I don't and aimed for Look what I found. I could commit skill if the difficulty is very high and need to be sure to fail by only 1-2, but that is a very minor case. Maybe bound to just some investigator? currently playing with wendy and her 3 Int, this combo is not for me.

6 hours ago, vindoq said:

I don't see how expd Rabbit's Foot and Try and try again works together.

I was talking about Take Heart. I have no idea what Try and Try Again is supposed to be used for.

1 hour ago, rsdockery said:

I was talking about Take Heart. I have no idea what Try and Try Again is supposed to be used for.

Well, I suppose you can argue that it might be handy on a Yithian body if they only have a few skills in their deck and need them to pass, well, just about anything. But even then, it's a fail safe for auto-fails mostly as you are probably going to pass most tests. I would be down with Try and Try Again if it didn't cost 2 resources to put in play. That's a lot when you're draining them for Fire Axe, events, and other tricks.