Sign in to follow this  
FrogTrigger

Other good gaming companies?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, subtrendy2 said:

Man, I wish Marvel was better at making good board and video games (Spidey PS4 aside). 

And the Wizkids thing looks fine, but I'm getting kinda weary of the "every IP gets a miniatures game" trend. I like stuff like IA that comes with a ton of other components and rules, but I really get the feeling that a lot of Wizkids consumer base is simply collectors rather than people who want to play the game. Not that there's anything wrong with collecting, but it's not a draw for me.

Hey, let's give credit where credit is due. This game (plus the X-Men and Dark City expansions) is fantastic.

legendary-a-marvel-deck-building-game-80

Edited by Deathseed

2 hours ago, Deathseed said:

Hey, let's give credit where credit is due. This game (plus the X-Men and Dark City expansions) is fantastic.

legendary-a-marvel-deck-building-game-80

Eh, I've played it several times.  Personally, I'm not really impressed.  Cards and box are high quality, but I'd much rather play a game where you're actually a hero, rather than a suit ordering them around.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:16 AM, subtrendy2 said:

This is maybe an obvious one for some people, but it's been about a year since the start of my first D&D campaign (I'm a player) and I can't believe I slept on this phenomenon so long.

If you play combat on a grid (as opposed to strictly verbally) it's actually not too dissimilar to Imperial Assault, albeit much more open-ended.

Here's our set-up, with a monitor inlaid into a custom-built table our DM made, this time in a fight against a dragon (from that old MegaBloks line):

DuAIHsYV4AAHFE8.jpg:large

As you can maybe see there, our characters are basically stones with character art on the inside. This month, we plan on using HeroForge to build custom minis for the player characters and have a painting party. The DM got herself a scary looking dragon to paint so she can join us as well.  

But yeah, I've been having a blast with my gnome warlock, and even though we've been playing since last March, I feel like I just recently started to actually understand the rules within the last few weeks. Not that they're overly complicated (I mean, they kinda are, but I think most people here could handle them no problem) but I'd been focusing far more on the roleplaying, personally.  Turns out my character is significantly better at combat than I previously knew, so that was something I had to explain to my party... :P

If you could bring elements of D&D into IA, what would you bring?