Sign in to follow this  
K13R4N

Kanan crew and Inertial dampeners?

Card_Upgrade_86.png

Card_Upgrade_61.png

It's a bit of a tricky one, I think I would come down on the side of no.

Fully Execute the White Stop
Kanan triggers
Then you Gain one stress

This is not a case where you have 2 abilities on the same trigger, gaining the stress isn't triggered by executing the manoeuvre it's just something that happens afterwards. 

Edited by AramoroA

1 minute ago, MockingBird ME said:

You sure can. You fully execute the white maneuver then have two items that trigger and as they're both your abilities you pick the order.

Like Mocking says they both teigger at the same time, so you get to choose the order (is my reading of the rules).

Kanan would not clear the stress.

Inertial Dampeners adds "execute a white [0 stop] maneuver" => "gain 1 stress token" to the ability queue.  "Execute a white [0 stop] maneuver" trigger's Kanan's ability which is then added to the front of the queue as described under Ability Queue in the rules reference, so the queue is now "Spend 1 Force to remove 1 Stress token" => "gain 1 stress token", which means you would gain the stress token after Kanan would clear it.

If resolving an effect from the ability queue triggers additional effects, they are added to the front of the ability queue using the above rules.

4 minutes ago, xwingMinty said:

Like Mocking says they both teigger at the same time, so you get to choose the order (is my reading of the rules).

Only Kanan is an ability that you're triggering, the effect of Internal Dampeners is just the rest of the card text. 

To be able to use Kanan you would need to resolve the abilites

Fully Execute the White Stop -> Gain a Stress -> Use Kanan

But Kanan's ability triggers at the 'Fully Execute the White Stop' part, so before you gain the stress.

That's my reading anyway. 

Just now, AramoroA said:

Only Kanan is an ability that you're triggering, the effect of Internal Dampeners is just the rest of the card text. 

To be able to use Kanan you would need to resolve the abilites

Fully Execute the White Stop -> Gain a Stress -> Use Kanan

But Kanan's ability triggers at the 'Fully Execute the White Stop' part, so before you gain the stress.

That's my reading anyway. 

Yup, I read Inertial dampeners wrong. I think you are correct. 

9 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

Kanan would not clear the stress.

Inertial Dampeners adds "execute a white [0 stop] maneuver" => "gain 1 stress token" to the ability queue.  "Execute a white [0 stop] maneuver" trigger's Kanan's ability which is then added to the front of the queue as described under Ability Queue in the rules reference, so the queue is now "Spend 1 Force to remove 1 Stress token" => "gain 1 stress token", which means you would gain the stress token after Kanan would clear it.

Yeah I have no grasp on the ability queue thing, so you're probably right. 

Its a very confusing new thing to the game that I just don't get, made more sense when you just resolved things that happened at the same time in the order you liked.